Do you have any really anti-weed people in your family?

Discussion in 'General' started by Azureth, May 16, 2018.

1. So for the past few weeks I have been smoking some good weed, but my roommate got pissed and called my dad (who is great otherwise but VERY anti-weed/drugs) telling him and now he's pissed and even threatened to call the police.

2. Your roommate is a POS # 1. I'd bail ASAP.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Wow man that sucks. You have 3 options in my opinion.
    1.) Smoke somewhere else and get a "Sober Kit". Which consists of:
    A.) Sploof/smoke budy (use during smoking for smoke and smell reduction)
    B.) Eye drops (redness relief)
    C.) Breath freshener (your choice)
    D.) Body spray (your choice)
    E.) Wash your hands
    2.) Get a new roommate or move out.
    3.) Stop smoking

Hope I helped

Sent from my 5049W using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. Well I'd say find a new place to stay because y'all ain't gonna really get along for long

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Maybe he gets drug tested for a job or something and is just uncomfortable being around it in that case I'd say if you can smoke outside or at a window... if you're in an apartment or house with balacony that's pretty private that'd be a good spot

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. My dad is against me smoking weed, I think it's bcos he's a pulmonary doctor. but he's fine with me having edibles lol

My older sister has never smoked weed but she doesn't judge me for smoking. However she makes me look like the "bad kid".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. My mom and most of her brothers and sisters we're going to school when Nixon was President they all still believe cannabis is a bad thing it's a drug you can't tell him otherwise it's just in still in their head

8. All the older generations in my family 60+ are against it, although a few are preaching about cbd these days prob something they heard about on a talk radio station.
    The younger generations are all for it even ppl that don’t smoke.

9. Older generations hate it because all the lies the government taught them.. my mom was against it until I showed her the facts

10. You ever try educating your "unenlightened" relatives?

A lot of them are getting older!

“THC blocks an enzyme called acetylcholinesterase, which speeds the formation of amyloid plaque in the brains of people with Alzheimer's disease. The Alzheimer's drugs Aricept and Cognex work by blocking acetylcholinesterase. When tested at double the concentration of THC, Aricept blocked plaque formation only 22% as well as THC, and Cognex blocked plaque formation only 7% as well as THC.” From “Marijuana May Slow Alzheimer's” at WebMD.

Do you play sports or drive a car? You are more likely to get a head trauma!

In “Effect of Marijuana Use on Outcomes in Traumatic Brain Injury” (PubMed - 2014), a US study looking at head trauma mortality rates and cannabis use, it was found that “Overall mortality was 9.9 per cent, however, mortality in the THC(+) group (2.4%) was significantly decreased compared with the THC(-) group (11.5%)”. So what do you think it could do for the “relatively minor” damage from concussions?

Also, cannabis does NOT cause any major health problems in the future!

Teen marijuana use not linked to later depression, lung cancer, other health problems, study finds (news – 2015) Teen marijuana use not linked to later depression, lung cancer, other health problems, study finds: [CORRECTION: Reanalysis of data contradicts some original findings]

Daily pot use not associated with brain shrinkage: Colorado study (news – 2015)http://news.yahoo.com/daily-pot-not-associated-brain-shrinkage-colorado-study-235549441.html

No detectable association between frequency of marijuana use and health or healthcare utilization (news – 2013) http://medicalxpress.com/news/2013-09-association-frequency-marijuana-health-healthcare.html

“Cannabis smoking and lung cancer risk: pooled analysis in the International Lung Cancer Consortium” Cannabis smoking and lung cancer risk: Pooled analysis in the International Lung Cancer Consortium. - PubMed - NCBI

“Our pooled results showed no significant association between the intensity, duration, or cumulative consumption of cannabis smoke and the risk of lung cancer”-

You can find many more like those, here- Granny's in the news!

Shoot down their objections with the medical facts! Once the medical facts about cannabis become known, the need for legalization becomes obvious! :yay:

Granny :wave:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Respect your father and avoid upsetting him about it in the future. Your room mate is a POS who has attempted to drive a wedge between you and your dad. As with all POS's, get away as far and fast as possible.