Do you have any mental disorders?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by E n i g m a, Feb 11, 2010.

1. #1 E n i g m a, Feb 11, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 9, 2010
    In the past I have been diagnosed with:
    • Bipolar Disorder(don't meet diagnostic criteria of mania)
    • Major Depressive Disorder
    • PTSD
    • Toxic Psychosis(drug-induced)

Taking no medication, asymptomatic.
    Have taken:
    • Prozac - Caused suicidality
    • Seroquel - Gained a lot of weight, but otherwise liked it, best sleep ever
    • Abilify - No noticeable difference

2. Good to hear! :)

Poll up now.

3. Anxiety Disorder and ADD. Paxil and Ritalin respectively. Now I just smoke pot and I'm good, no need for pills.

4. I'm bipolar. I take abilify as well. :]

5. I was diagnosed with depression last year and I was put on pristiq. I never really noticed the medicine working like it was supposed to. The pills mainly just messed with my head and gave me bad mood swings of anger. I decided to stop taking them cold turkey. It was hard, but totally worth it and now I am in a better place in life.:hello:

6. binge eating. started like a year ago when i was dieting and only taking in 1500 calories in a day for a few months. cutting out alot of food caught up with me i guess. lately i've been doing a lot better since i cut back on smoking bud and have a binge only about once every two weeks or so. hopefully it'll be totally gone soon since i'm a gym nut.

7. Where do I start? :laughing:
    I polled it.

Currently taking no medications for anything.

8. bi polar/anxiety. have taken prozac and celexa. am still on lamictal and take klonopin when needed. just started wellbutrin which will be my last attempt at using an anti-depressent for anxiety (first non-ssri, figured id give it a shot...). The celexa and prozac both sucked and made me miserable...they basically didnt help anxiety and caused depression

9. Obsessive-compulsive disorder

10. OCD, Depression, Bi polar, anxiety disorder, and sometimes i think i'm borderline schizo lol

took- prozac, zoloft
    both worked for a few days then made me crazy and outwardly violent

stopped those and now take lithium and i'm alot better but anxiety still is an issue.

11. used to be on some anti-depressant ... now i'm fine without it most days.

12. I used to take Paxil and it had so many unpleasant side-effects that I told my Doc I wasn't going to take it. I gained 40 lbs in a month and could not achieve orgasm to save my life. He then switched me to Wellbutrin and I did fine with that. Lost all the weight almost as quick as I put it on and no side effects at all. I only quit taking it because of the cost...no insurance. At the time, it was new so they didn't have a generic for it yet. They might by now, though.

It's also used to help quit smoking cigarettes...

Hope you do well on it like I did....ssri's suck

In answer to the OP...I've had bouts of depression and anxiety over the years...panic attacks and what-not...I'm currently on no medication and when I feel an attack coming on, I just convince myself that I'm fine and it's all in my head...might not work for some, but it works for me...mind over matter

13. I was diagnosed with Social Anxiety Disorder when I was like 15, tried a whole bunch of different anti-anxiety/anti-depressant medications, and none of them did shit, except one of them caused me to be really tired all the time and gain a ton of weight.

I was diagnosed with Dysthymia last August, haven't taken any medication for it and I don't think I'll start. I've heard too many bad things. Besides, I'm convinced that my problem is not a chemical imbalance. I'm just lonely. I KNOW that's the problem, because the only time I'm ever happy anymore is when I think there's a chance I'll get a girlfriend.

It's really kind of a catch 22 that I have these two disorders lol. I have Dysthymia because I'm lonely (single), but meeting someone is extra hard because I have Social Anxiety Disorder lol.

It's like when you get to that point in those old school games where your just like, well it looks like I'm fucked. I got no ammo, 10 health and there's like 5 demons over there. Time to restart lol.

14. Anxiety/depression/adhd/visual snow

Have taken SSRIs and found them to be useless. SSRIs stole 5 years of my life.

I believe they are all linked together somehow. A lot of people who suffer from Visual snow have all the same symptoms I do.

I take xanax right now and it helps with anxiety and VS.

15. I've got ADHD with a basis my Anxiety disorder and severe Bipolar / Anger problems. As I've matured, I've learned to control myself. Also, being prescribed klonopins doesn't hurt.

16. I was diagnosed as a female since I was born. It has been a battle of emotions my whole life. Marijuana fixes that :p

17. I wouldn't say I have full-blown depression, social anxiety, OCD and derealization...but it seems like I've experienced these things. As for depression, I've noticed a huge shift in my well-being after a certain incident 2 years ago. It sucks. As for social anxiety, well I've always had anxiety in social situations. Not so much in everyday activities, but in social gatherings and parties. OCD; well I think I suffered OCD post-incident 2 years ago--negative thoughts raped my mind for months on end and it was inescapable. As for the stereotypical repetitive obsessions where everything has to be perfect, it seems like it's creeping up on me. Just yesterday I walk out of my house, im 30 feet down the street, then I stop and march my ass back into the house because I always have to wipe the saliva and shit off my toothbrush and I forgot to this time. :laughing: Derealization; well shit, I've experienced that before too.

18. We are a pretty anxious and depressed bunch eh?

I'm glad you guys posted about what meds you have taken.
    Tell us which ones worked for you.

19. I've got ADHD. In the past I juggled between anorexia and bulimia for 4 years and have OCD tendencies, which are luckily under a certain amount of control now.

Oh, life's just great:rolleyes: