Do you guys buy dvd's?

Discussion in 'Television/Internet TV/VOD/DVD' started by PeacefulStoner, Sep 11, 2011.

1. I want to but they're just too damn expensive now.
    I used to buy them all the time and I was trying to get a huge movie collection.
    Now I just watch netflix instead.

Do you guys buy dvd's?

2. I only buy things that I've seen before and know that they are good.

Usually get them on amazon...they're pretty cheap. Or the $5 bin at wal-mart. I won't pay much more than that for a DVD, though unless it's something I really really want.

3. I want to do that but idk a good site. I have blank dvd's but everytime I try to do it the quality is shitty

4. Netflix+Hulu plus

5. I just buy shit on demand through my cable box.

That or pirate it.

6. this+hook computer up to tv=win

7. My computer sucks so if I want to enjoy movies I have to buy them.

So yeah I've started a movie collection, and get most used on Amazon. What suck's is if they say it's in great condition, then you get the dvd and I can barely watch it. I just bought Grandma;s boy and couldn't even watch the while thing it skipped so much.

8. I partitioned my external hard drive for FAT32 so I can plug it in to my xbox 360 and watch movies on there. I have roughly 200 gigs of movies that I downloaded.

9. Just a reminder, piracy is against the rules here so don't have this thread go in that direction.

10. [quote name='"eric111e"']Just a reminder, piracy is against the rules here so don't have this thread go in that direction.[/quote]

It's already gone in that direction haha

11. I only buy dvds when I see one I like in the $5 bins at wal-mart.

So far I have:

The Big Lebowski
    Eurotrip
    Pumpkinhead/Wishmaster/Wishmaster2/Leprechaun (this was a 4 movie dvd)
    Friday After Next
    Super Troopers

12. your just looking in the wrong places for DVDS man...check out video and book stores for used copies. theres a book store near my house that has a huge collection for $4. look around

13. It's either from the internet or from iTunes if I don't feel like waiting for a movie to seed. I always love having the actual dvd though, even if it is a little more effort to get up from massive couchlock to put the movie in :p

14. I've never bought DVDs. I use Netflix all the time. :)

15. I kinda like having the real dvd with the case and everything though, i know you can buy cases and print the cover but its just not the same, ya know?

16. Yes. I'm a DVD Collector. I mainly collect horror films though. I have over 650 DVDs. I've been collecting for quite some time now.

17. My husband and I buy DVDs a lot since there is a video store with a huge previously viewed section near our apartment. You just never know about the quality of the stream when you download movies from the internet. Most of the ones we get are either ones that at least of of us has already seen or at least has actors we like.

18. Who hooks up to tvs now lol? i use wireless with my laptop streaming to tv with media player to the ps3.

19. [quote name='"SlightlyStoop1d"']Who hooks up to tvs now lol? i use wireless with my laptop streaming to tv with media player to the ps3.[/quote]

Not everybody wants to/has the necessary tools to do that...