do you get more from a seed then a clone?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by puff99buds, Jul 3, 2010.

1. seed hands down. clones get weaker and weaker as there cut

2. Doesn't it take like 25 or 26 generations before a clone from a clone from a clone starts to lose potency though? I mean, if you started with one seed, and didn't keep a mother..... your looking at years before you lose potency and need another good seed.

3. try 6-7 clone outs = vigor loss

4. BAd info in here guys...

Ive had the same mother for years with a few strains and it does not loose potency..
    If you think about it in a scientific manner how can what you say be correct...genes are genes.. a clone is a splice from the genes so what changed the genes...nothing did..
    its impossible.... As a matter of fact youll see that it gets more potent.. because the plant trains YOU... once you know the plant you take better care of it...
    so having a mother and going from clones is fine, I know of some growers that have had a mother for more then 10 years.. some of the strogest old school pot there ever was..

Now ur original question...

Both should at the end produce the same...

however... the seed must reach maturity to give a good harvest...
    The clone most likely already mature... so if the seed isnt vegged long enough to mature the clone will kick its ass...

5. i would look at soil quality... Ill just bet ya the buckets have a mix made by you and the planted ones just have the reg soil..
    theres more to it though mate.. The clones also had to adjust to the light... whereas the seeds... well thats all they knew...

6. all pretty much have the same soil.. i had soil in the ground from a spot that im not usuing so i dug it up and put half in the backets and half happy frog soil.. the clone has that same soil that i dug up thats still in the ground with happy frog mixed it with it

7. SEED...anybody whos anybody knows that:eek:.... not alot of people i guess lol:p

8. Well...I've grown more then a couple plants and kept mothers for quite a long time...flowering only clones from the mom and noticed an increase in potency and yield with more then 1 strain. I'm sure due to the fact that I learned there nute limits.

So, what makes you think that clones would lose potency, and yield? And what makes you think that SEED is the way to go?

9. What about without a dedicated mother? Someone said about 6-7 but I know I've read in a couple places that that was false.

10. #30 Tommatt, Jul 17, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 17, 2010
    Ok, google even gave me the same results I found the last time. As long as conditions are maintained there will be no genetic drift. This site even came to that conclusion

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/518165-can-you-clone-clone.html

http://forum.grasscity.com/absolute-beginners/310887-cloning-clone.html

And theres a healthy discussion here, although I don't know if theres rules about linking to other sites. I don't like using it because you have to refresh a lot for the pages to show up

cloning the clones of the clones of clones

oops that was page 6 meant
    page 1
    cloning the clones of the clones of clones

And the reason ppl claiming bigger yields, its because they learn to care for that specific plant. Any degration is done by you not caring to it, or problems you create.