Do you get drug tested on Informal Probation?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Manik209, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Does anyone know if you get DT's on informal probation? I have to go in to the probation office every second Thursday of every month, so next Thursday I am going to my first time. From what I was told I have to attend a hour long guidance workshop. I don't have the option of not showing up b/c that would be violating my probation. I have smoked recently so I already know if I am drug tested I will fail. Does anyone have any experience w/ informal probation or knows what might happen to me?

Also before you guys flame me I only smoked b/c it treats my severe back pain and I couldn't go without it. I don't have a medical card yet unfortunately so that won't help either.

2. You're generally allowed to fail the first one, though I wouldn't recommend it. Too late for that though I guess, unless your PO's a complete dick you won't get in trouble

Though did the judge authorize drug testing, or was that a term of your probation? If it wasn't you're way less likely (practically no chance) of you being tested, but if it was there's 100% chance they're gonna test you.

I don't know why you initially got put on probation, but if it was for a drug related charge they probably will test you. Lucky for you I've been on informal probation in California (for a non-drug charge) and on the first meeting they ask all kinds of questions, especially some about drugs. I told them I had never done drugs(though I would have pissed dirty then and there) and for the rest of my probation I wasn't tested. I also had my shit together compared to a lot of the other people there, so that also may have played a role.

good luck

3. I had district attorney supervised probation and smoked everyday.They didnt test me at all.

Its your life my friend.What you do with it is your own reasoning.

4. #4 mobitsfa, Sep 7, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2012
    NO! Only formal probation... BUT I never had to go into a probation office, I just had 90 days of Caltrans. You must be under 18 because I never heard of an adult in California that had to see any type of probation officer on informal probation. You just have to stay out of trouble, complete whatever they give you, and pay your fees.