Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you get dark(er) circles under eyes after toking?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Set_it_off, Aug 17, 2010.

1. Like the topic says, this is real big problem for me. About the same time I started smoking I got these permanent dark circles under my eyes. They make me look bad but they are there 24/7 no matter how much I sleep.

Then whenever I smoke people notice I am blazed because my dark circles get really bad, here is a good example(the pic is not me!): http://www.basantee.pk/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/medium202.jpg . Its almost all around my eyes and I fucking hate it! I basically never want to smoke anymore except when I am alone(sad).

Do you guys think I should quit completely for a long time (about 6-months), maybe it will go away then? I was also thinking that picking up weight would maybe cover them up with a layer of fat on my face because I think its the blood vessels under my skin that is visible through my skin.

2. Hmm occassionaly i get something like this, but not very often. I wouldn't put weight on to stop this though, as I'm sure you can get round it some other way. Do you feel tired when you toke or anything? Do you drink plenty of water? I don't know, but I have kinda perma-dark rings under my eyes but they're not very visible, but thats because I'm always staying up till the early morning. Google it and see if it's something completely different.

As a side note, smoking alone isn't sad, i prefer it. Gives me time to think, relax and just chill without having to think about what my friends are doing. :)

3. i have the same problem as you lol, but i dont give a shit about it. Why should you care what anyone else thinks of your dark circles? if their your "friends" they arent that good of friends. My buddies know i have them when i get blazed, doesnt bother them, doesnt bother me. If you really dislike them, take a month long break and get a decent amount of sleep every day. I've also heard that dark circles can be a lack of iron, so you could take iron supplements ( idk if thats true, something i heard ) If your not eating that healthy, eat more fruits and vegetables. also heard that putting wet teabags on your eyes helps. Putting on weight, may or may not help, you never know where your going to pack the weight on

4. Thanks for the tips, I'll try some of em. I don't really get tired after smoking, like that I want to go take a nap but it relaxes my body A LOT. I noticed that I can always stretch a few times in when I am high haha. But I dont know how that effects dark circles.

I think I also maybe need to look into the iron deficiency thing, you never know?

More replies are welcome :p

5. Well usually the circles are caused by a lack of a good diet, sleep deprivation or just excessive tiredness. So eating healthily, drinking plenty of water and getting a good night's sleep are things you can do, even if they don't go away completely. Also, a bad diet could also mean iron deficiency so yeh you could look into that. Tea bags under the eyes, cucumber slices over the eyes are remedies that seem to work aswell. :)