Do you follow any kind of diet?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Greys0n, Feb 21, 2017.

1. I'm on a diet right now. It's not because I want to lose weight but because I have high blood sugar...

2. Diets are no longer considered useful and effective. Because even if you lose a little weight, there is a chance that after returning to a regular food, you will gain weight back or even more. And your body will experience great stress. The best diet is a proper balanced nutrition. You can sometimes afford a little of your favorite junk food. Then there is a chance that this useful habit will stay with you for life. Proper nutrition will be good for your figure, and for your skin, and for your hair, and for your well-being. Don't demand too much from yourself at first. Do everything gradually and then you will do it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. I have a goal to only eat 1200 calories a day for weight loss. Been doing this since April 2020.

Sent from my moto g power (2021) using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    Edit: what motivated me to start was to prevent health issues. I've lost about 69lbs so far. I was in a really bad "bmi category".

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. I used to eat crap food all the time, lot of bbq, lot of steak, barely any vegetables, hamburgers.

Had an heart issue and went to the ER several times, for afib.

Turns out my arteries are 'perfect' as my doctor described it. Just the 2 halves aren't beating in rhythm. So they put me out and shocked my heart back into beat.

Now I just have to cut down on sodium. I'll still eat the same stuff, more veggies, but less salt.

• Like Like x 2
  5. can you share this link with the article, please?

6. Only produce I buy is organic, barely eat meat, gallon + water everyday, eat grains and beans everyday, fermented foods daily, only dairy I eat is cheese, only sugar I consume is natural. I just watch what I put n my body because the ingredients in foods n America r produced to make ppl sick so they have to go to the doctor and get prescription.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Another conspiracy theory?

8. Actually no. The average American’s diet is terrible. The top killer of Americans each year are heart disease and cancer (Covid too since 2020). Guess what the single biggest cause for both cancer and heart disease is: diet/obesity.

The conspiracy here is that fast food and most processed and refined foods are by design calorie dense. High sodium, high carb, high saturated fat are all designed to be appealing and keep you caring back for more. And if you eat enough of a diet like this it will kill you.

You ever notice how you really don’t see old obese people.

• Like Like x 1
  9. I agree with you. But everyone can choose what he eats. There is no ban on healthy food. Or information about the dangers of an unhealthy lifestyle. It is always only your own choice of what and how much to eat.

10. I'm 75 and I have NEVER followed any kind of diet, ever.

11. Keep em dumb, poor, n sick then scared n government will be n full control.

12. #32 michakemo, Oct 25, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2022
    I follow no GPS diet: no gluten, no potatoes and no sweets.
    Weight loss is a very tricky subject as what works for one person, can be absolutely senseless for the other.What works for me the best is the combination of fitness exercises https://betterme.world/articles/fitness/trainings/ with the healthy diet.And by that i mean just eating good quality healthy food and avoid junks and sweets.

13. Dieting is for quitters. Luckily I married a woman who has the sense to eat a balanced diet. All things in moderation except for high fructose corn suryp which I avoid as much as possible. That, and an active lifestyle, (cycling 17-20 miles a day) seems to work for me. At age 70 I don't see the sense in denying myself the occasional dessert, cigar, french fry or magical cookie.

14. You're lucky man!

15. Before I jump to any conclusions about you, could you elaborate on this?

16. As a young single man I didn't take the time to educate myself on a proper diet or spend much time cooking. I ate a lot of fast food crap and prepackaged processed food. Of course everyone knows vegetables are good for you but that was about the extent of my knowledge. My wife knew the dangers of too much salt, sugar, fat etc....so she cooked accordingly. Grocery shopping she read the labels and taught me what to watch out for. We aren't vegans and enjoy meat but in moderation. She got me to appreciate seafood and vegtables. She also taught me to pay attention to how my body reacts to foods and avoid those that make me sluggish or add weight.
    Not sure what conclusions you could jump to.

• Like Like x 1
  17. I am following a low carb low fat diet right now

18. I make sure my diet is whole food based and keep fats to a minimum (around 40g which keeps hormones balanced). Not only does this diet help aesthetically it also helps keep my rosacea from flaring up. When I eat crap it throws my skin off and I can even get acne (I'm 32). I found this article "what does acne reveal about your health" helpful when I couldn't figure out why my skin was breaking out.

19. 1) intermittent fasting... > 4 years now. learn about nutrition... almost everything i thought was right was wrong.

2) A1C was increasing.

3) my BMI was 32 when i started... after 4 months it was 26... after 8 months it was 23.5... at 69 years old my weight is back to what it was in college, though i am an inch shorter.

4) my A1C was pushing 6.4. it's now 5.6. triglycerides and other tests have been well into the green for a few years. i haven't taken an anti-inflammatory drug for my arthritis in years.

... two downsides to weight loss... i'm always cold and my butt hurts when i sit on a hard surface for a while... no padding...!

• Like Like x 1