Do you feel sorry for Hitler and Stalin??

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Makaha99, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Did you know that Adolf Hitler and Josef Stalin were both beaten by their fathers when they were children?? In fact, both of them ended up in the hospital in a coma, after being beaten up badly by their father. Both Hitler's and Stalin's mothers were also beaten by their fathers. Both Hitler and Stalin hated their fathers with a passion, as you can imagine. Both were incredibly heartbroken when their mothers died fairly early in their lives. They both had incredibly horrible childhoods.

I "almost" felt sorry for them when I learned about this. Notice I put "almost" in quotes, because I believe that no matter how hard your childhood was, that just does NOT justify killing millions of people, literally, in some kind of twisted revenge against the world. I was lucky that I had loving parents, and there is no way I can ever know exactly what it is like to be abused by one's parents. But I just cannot condone them for what they did, no matter how hard their childhood was. I think most people on this forum would feel the same, I think.

Having said that....if I didn't have loving parents, if I had a horrible abusive father like Hitler and Stalin had, would I have come out the same as them? I don't know....

What do you guys think??

2. Yeah I kinda feel bad for Hitler just because I couldn't imagine developing the kind of hate for somebody that that guy had. Dude was crazy. Smart as fuck, but still crazy.

I feel bad for Stalin because I think he was a Tad more misunderstood. He was more sane, his mind just legitimately believed he was in the right. You can't fault a guy for doing what he thought was right, but..

3. maybe it's because they just weren't loved in their childhood. It may sound a bit corny or sentimental, but I think if you don't have love as a child, there's a chance you may turn out bad and hateful, like Hitler and Stalin.

4. #4 Mogwai, Feb 10, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2013
    Maybe.. Hitler was smart like I said, and he actually had studies done on infants to see what levels of abuse/neglect had on them. I always thought it was just another one of their crazy experiments for the sake of "just to see", but perhaps there was more reasoning to it? They actually discovered a lot about what neglect can do to a baby which we've built on

Maybe he felt he was the way he was because of that. He was smart enough that it wouldn't surprise me. But I don't feel sorry for how he was treated. I mean, it sucks, but tons of people are mistreated as a baby/child and go on to live solid/ethical lives. What always got me was that Hitler understood he was fucked up, and he probably deep down considered himself crazy. He just ran with it though and never really tried to address his issues (as far as I know). So why feel bad then if he KNEW he was negatively affected by his childhood but continued anyway?

He was a huge waste if potential when you think about it

5. Why feel sorry for them, for the most part both of those cunts got what they wanted out of life.

6. I feel sorry for their experiences as youth, but they did not learn from them and only reciprocated the cruelty with an unfathomably greater intensity. Their fathers were probably abused as children too. Do you feel sorry for them for beating their children and potentially laying the foundation for their children to turn into the monsters they did? No, you feel bad for their experiences as youth and then scale back your sorrow according to their actions as fathers themselves.

7. no child deserves to be beaten.

i think hitler had his reasons for hating Jews, he knew they would come into power and control the world economy, though he DEFINITELY went about it the wrong way.

Look who runs shit now though. the Zionist "Jews". Even the bible warns that evil men would come into power claiming the star of david as a false symbol to defend their actions. i forget the passage but you can look it up.

8. Nobody should have to have that kind of childhood, but I tend to think that there are two paths to chose from when you grow up. You can chose the same path for your children (or your country/the world/whatever), or you can do everything in your power to ensure it never happens again.

Bullies often bully others because they were picked on when they were younger. But there are so many more people who were bullied who didn't go on to become tyrants.

I could perhaps feel sorry for Hitler and Stalin if they hadn't chosen to continue the cycle on a global scale.

9. They're just so misunderstood

10. Nobody is born with hate, fear, prejudice, or anger in their hearts, it's all learned and all about how you're raised. Yes I feel terrible for them, nobody should have a childhood like that, and their fathers' both probably had hard childhoods as well, it's a cycle that is hard to break. There is never any excuse to harm another human being in my mind, but I do understand how an abused and neglected child would become a harmful person, children are molded very easily by their environments.

11. You mentioned it so YOU look it up;)

12. I know people who were beaten as children. They turned out fine. Anyone who was too weak to do the same and turned out like Hitler, is a little bitch.

Life's tough. Sometimes unbearable. You deal with it.

13. uhmm.....

source?

14. Is Obama Jewish or something?

Seriously though, if Jews really do run everything as you say, how did Hitler know that they would? Did he see the future while in coma? :smoking:

15. Boo hoo everyone has a sob story ... I feel bad for the people they killed , not them :gone:

16. nope
    didnt know them or the family personally
    for all i know Hitler killed the family dog, thus being grounds for a beating

17. Hitler loved dogs

18. They lost my sympathy when they made their tragedy a billion times worse.

19. OP where are you getting this info about both of them ending up in a coma? They were both abused but I really don't think the coma part is true.

Both were cruel dictators and responsible for millions of deaths, I don't really care how rough they had it as a child. Child abuse was a pretty common thing in those days anyway.

20. Looked up the coma, both were in comas but I only found evidence on Hitler that his father beat him into one, everything I found out about Stalin's never said that his father beat him into one, but his mother and father were both very abusive, his mother was religious and abusive because of her religion, his father was a drunk, he was beaten so bad he peed blood though. Hitler did get beaten into a 3 day coma by his father though.