Do you feel loved?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by esseff, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Do you feel loved?
    Is there someone who will?
    Someone who does?
    Does it matter?
    Do we need to love them?
    Or is it better ourselves?
    After all, I know what I like.
    If I love you I have to do things for you
    When it is best that you do them yourself
    So if I do for me, and you do for you
    If I think of me and you think of you
    Are we together or further apart?

If I look at you
    Care what you do
    Concern myself, do what I can
    Think of you when
    Loving you then
    Are you doing the same as I am?
    Attached to something
    That don't mean a thing
    Yet thinking it does is it right?

If that were true
    Wouldn't you do
    If it did would that indicate what?
    How can you care
    Just because you would share
    What is it that makes it feel not?

If I love you at first
    Do I get there the most
    Return of what I gave out?
    Is that how it works?

Then who are those that I meet
    Who vote with their feet
    Are there and then they are not?
    What is it I see
    Why don't I feel free
    When all is just what I got?

The ones that I hold
    Are what I am told
    The ones I am meant to accept
    But I do not know why
    I need them to fly
    When I am better when I am just me
    Having them there
    Reminds me to care
    I like it when I feel I am
    But what I get back, is what I get back
    And something about it is missing
    I need more missing you see
    Love, feeling love, and be free.

The girl I see her
    Been afraid of me most
    Yet her love is a hard one to fathom
    Still there in my life
    Doing much as a wife
    Yet nothing like it once was so
    And when I am gone
    She gets on with her song
    How is it we still dance about?
    I seem to have been
    Very much like her twin
    Something about this must be right.

Is there more to this life
    I can love and accept
    It is not easy when who I love isn't them
    But the moment I do
    I change into you
    You are for that moment my all
    So I make you my god
    For god you must be
    With you I can set myself free.

I cannot make you my own
    Or look to get shown
    What it is that I think I would see
    For when it comes it's not there
    I cannot look out and stare
    I must love myself first and be free

2. “Have you ever been in love? Horrible isn't it? It makes you so vulnerable. It opens your chest and it opens up your heart and it means that someone can get inside you and mess you up. You build up all these defenses, you build up a whole suit of armor, so that nothing can hurt you, then one stupid person, no different from any other stupid person, wanders into your stupid life...You give them a piece of you. They didn't ask for it. They did something dumb one day, like kiss you or smile at you, and then your life isn't your own anymore. Love takes hostages. It gets inside you. It eats you out and leaves you crying in the darkness, so simple a phrase like 'maybe we should be just friends' turns into a glass splinter working its way into your heart. It hurts. Not just in the imagination. Not just in the mind. It's a soul-hurt, a real gets-inside-you-and-rips-you-apart pain. I hate love.”Why love at all right?And yet, without love, this life is a shallow one at best. We open ourselves to the possibility of being hurt and losing yourself; but we risk it all for a small chance that something amazing will come out of it. Something that transcends this material world that will last literally eons. So we take our strides and find out why life is worth living, and how love can show you who you truly are.

3. Love has shown me several times, but at a price. Sometimes I don't like what I see when it does. Don't like who i become while in it. To love is fine, but to be 'in love' is a whole other thing. Most in love comes after the word 'falling' has been said. Falling in love is a good description. Falling from where to where? Seems like a lowering comes out of falling, even if it feels great until it doesn't.

4. Sometimes i feel so loved, other times i have no idea what love even is.

It is so ephemeral. so hard to pin down. definitely not easy to hold onto. yet when i feel it there is no doubt what it is. none. yet when i don't, the difference is often in me not them. I'm not looking for love, yet would be lying if i say I didn't miss it. Like a drug, once you feel it, the need for just a little more is never too much.

But it has to come freely, almost unexpected really, to be real for me. No point fantasising. No point imagining it is or should be there. if it's not then it's not. I can't do anything about it other than choose to give it. I can choose to give it but can't expect it be accepted. Not everyone wants my love, or even recognises it is there, and why should they? I like subtlety, but am often guilty of being too subtle. My bad.

To be to wanting of finding love, because it feels like it is not there, gets in the way. But to give it without expecting to receive it, which is not easy as it needs to be really unconditional to be true, will usually produce it, but only if I am truly not needing it back. Too many say they are not looking for anything when they know they are.

Like I said, best way is not look for it at all. Besides, there is no one thing called love, as what feels like love is different for different people. But the one thing we have in common I think, is that whatever feels like love for you, feels like love for all. Unless you know different that is.

5. [quote name="esseff" post="19307511" timestamp="1389257869"]Love has shown me several times, but at a price. Sometimes I don't like what I see when it does. Don't like who i become while in it. To love is fine, but to be 'in love' is a whole other thing. Most in love comes after the word 'falling' has been said. Falling in love is a good description. Falling from where to where? Seems like a lowering comes out of falling, even if it feels great until it doesn't.[/quote]Falling in love is such a superficial thing. We fall in love so easily, and we fall in love with our job or our cars or even the aspects of something new. Yet deep, meaningful love, is not created by desire or lust, or even a romantic gesture. Its the beauty between two stars, a deep knowing of who you are, its in your reflection of what you want out of life, its in your heart.True love makes it worth while, for me at least..Look at love differently, for even a soulmate might not be what you realize them to be. “People think a soul mate is your perfect fit, and that's what everyone wants. But a true soul mate is a mirror, the person who shows you everything that is holding you back, the person who brings you to your own attention so you can change your life. A true soul mate is probably the most important person you'll ever meet, because they tear down your walls and smack you awake. But to live with a soul mate forever? Nah. Too painful. Soul mates, they come into your life just to reveal another layer of yourself to you, and then leave. A soul mates purpose is to shake you up, tear apart your ego a little bit, show you your obstacles and addictions, break your heart open so new light can get in, make you so desperate and out of control that you have to transform your life, then introduce you to your spiritual master…” ―Elizabeth GilbertAnd I cannot say it better than Louis de bernieres, “Love is a temporary madness, it erupts like volcanoes and then subsides. And when it subsides, you have to make a decision. You have to work out whether your roots have so entwined together that it is inconceivable that you should ever part. Because this is what love is. Love is not breathlessness, it is not excitement, it is not the promulgation of promises of eternal passion, it is not the desire to mate every second minute of the day, it is not lying awake at night imagining that he is kissing every cranny of your body. No, don't blush, I am telling you some truths. That is just being “in love”, which any fool can do. Love itself is what is left over when being in love has burned away, and this is both an art and a fortunate accident.”

6. In general I dont feel loved except from my son which I think is the greatest of all so its cool..I was with a girl for 6yrs that I thought I loved but deep down I knew I just loved what I wanted to see in her not what she really was..hopefully someday ill find a girl that truly loves me and I can love back

7. #7 M3ssenger, Jan 9, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2014
    [quote name="esseff" post="19308644" timestamp="1389284140"]Sometimes i feel so loved, other times i have no idea what love even is.It is so ephemeral. so hard to pin down. definitely not easy to hold onto. yet when i feel it there is no doubt what it is. none. yet when i don't, the difference is often in me not them. I'm not looking for love, yet would be lying if i say I didn't miss it. Like a drug, once you feel it, the need for just a little more is never too much.But it has to come freely, almost unexpected really, to be real for me. No point fantasising. No point imagining it is or should be there. if it's not then it's not. I can't do anything about it other than choose to give it. I can choose to give it but can't expect it be accepted. Not everyone wants my love, or even recognises it is there, and why should they? I like subtlety, but am often guilty of being too subtle. My bad.To be to wanting of finding love, because it feels like it is not there, gets in the way. But to give it without expecting to receive it, which is not easy as it needs to be really unconditional to be true, will usually produce it, but only if I am truly not needing it back. Too many say they are not looking for anything when they know they are.Like I said, best way is not look for it at all. Besides, there is no one thing called love, as what feels like love is different for different people. But the one thing we have in common I think, is that whatever feels like love for you, feels like love for all. Unless you know different that is.[/quote]One thing I've come to know is, Love can wear different masks. There's familial love, the one that is unconditional whether you like it or not, and there is spiritual love, the one that you share between brothers and friends, and to even dare to love thy neighbor and enemy. There is love and there is unrequited love; a love within your heart that will be there, to remember that one that got away. We also find love in knowing you let her go, that you loved unselfishly, unconditionally.. Love is who I am, its who you are; we cannot exchange one love for another, because there will always be a different side of love, two sides of a coin.

8. Love doesn't exist in my life, it was never a real thing anyway just a made up emotion. 

9. #9 pickledpie, Jan 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 11, 2014
    Sometimes I wish I wasn't loved. People get attached to me and think they know what's beat for me. Thats not even tue love I guess. True love comes unconditionaly with absolute understanding and enlightenment.

Many humans do this - it is the way they express the feeling they feel. Is it love? Anyone who thinks they know what's best for someone else really ought to look to themselves first.

But you should be careful what you wish for though. At least you have people who want to try.

In order for someone to give you 'true love' they would have to have found it within first. How many walk about with 'absolute understanding and enlightenment'? You may have unrealistic expectations of what people can do. Too many believe love is about worrying about people. Many think caring is to be jealous. Not.

11. Yes, people have loved me in my life, but I'm not sure i was ever able to give it back

12. It's not really unrealistic to develop a deeper understanding of the self and in turn others. What is actually a problem is that familiarity breeds contempt. What might at first seem like love, soon becomes judgement. Why? Because there is attachment to the false self, the ego rather than the true self.

To be honest, the type of love that people gave me as I grew up helped provide for me and shape me into the person I am now, but it also limits. There's a lower aspect of myself that knows I can rely on these people and it holds me back from being independent and becoming all that I can be.

Yes, this line in particular I can relate to.

There is someone in my life who I rely on, and who wishes to be relied upon. I am not as independent as I would be as a result. There is a price for being with someone this way. I have long felt it stops me being all that I can be, yet I still keep choosing it. And it's not that I don't see it either.

14. Love like any other experience exists so that we may understand it. An enlightened being practices and adorns the ego with those traits and characteristics which will guide others to an enlightened state. In this respect, each individual must be catered to individually, for some will learn through simple expressions of simple truths. Yet some in arrogance and ig orance do avidly graap and retain their own false understanding even when faced with reason, thus these people must be subjectsto the harsh teacher that is reality. For no matter how underdeveloped a mans intellect may be, time and hardship through error will teach him the aource of his error.

Universal love is a substantial part of our reality and the reason for it's existence will reveal a deep fundamental truth of the universe.

Love of beings and not the actions of beings aaretwo entirely separate conceptions of love. The latter leading astray, the former guiding the way.

15. I feel very loved. Unfortunately I only realised how loved I was after a suicide scare. But now I never doubt the fact that I'm loved. And I love many people too. Sent

16. #17 DDV, Jan 18, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
    What a beautiful quote. May I ask, who is the author?

You can't depend on love from an outside source. Why? Because it's temporary. Its fleeting, you can't hold onto it. Love that transends this world is that which is unspeakable, goes beyond forms and appearances; the realms of lust, and is ungraspable and belongs to no one. It is that which is born, nurtured, and dwells in the heart. You can't depend upon some outside thing to provide you sustenance like that, you'll become deprived, for the source of your love is something comes and goes.

Romantic love is worldly love, its based upon personal likes and desires and preferences. Supreme love is born and embodied by oneself, and is firstly directed towards oneself, then towards all living beings. There's nothing higher.

17. #18 A AnoesisOrange, Jan 23, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 23, 2014
    Opening myself up to another has provided me with a new set of challenges, parts of me I've long yet to want to face. The biggest challenge is not needing it, being myself while having it, and yet allowing myself to give it all the same.

18. Everything is temporary, but love is generally temporary within your temporary lifetime, so enjoy it while it lasts.  I trust no one who speaks of permanent love.  But of course, you should accept and cherish all the love that is given to you like it is temporary and - if possible - without dwelling on when it will end.

I wanted to say something about family love, but even that is conditional.  My brother and I are tight, my dad and his brother are always at each others throats.  Somehow, I expect blood had nothing to do with either situation.