Do you feel like opportunities are there?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by ReturnFire333, Aug 23, 2018.

?

Do you feel like opportunities are there?

1. Yes- I feel I can amply find opportunity to do what I want to do

11 vote(s)
    55.0%
  2. No- I feel that my ability to do what I want to do is hindered in some way for some reason

9 vote(s)
    45.0%
  1. How do you currently feel about opportunities for employment, advancement, or innovation? Do you feel like you have the ability to get jobs, start businesses, or create and enact ideas?

My personal feeling is that I feel like there are quite a few things I would like to do when it comes to starting businesses or ideas that I think of, but I find there's no one to discuss these things with and figure out whether or not they're viable. Maybe I don't know who to ask. I always find myself wondering how these people who start great business ideas and ideas in general got their thing rolling. Then there's the problem of not having starting money.

To people who haven't maybe started doing something yet, when you think of what you really want to do, do you feel like you can progress that?

I can't speak on the job end because I haven't completed my education yet to be able to start looking for a job, and I haven't been looking for trivial jobs.

2. First of all take a part time job, even if it's a couple evening shifts a week, for the love of god do not wait until you are finished college to start getting something to put on your resume. You're making a huge mistake by not applying for the 'trivial' jobs, those great jobs you've been looking for are not even going to give you a moments consideration if the work experience section of your resume is completely empty, no matter how good your grades are.

If starting a small business is your goal, there will be small business courses available at your local college. They will pretty much tell you everything you need to know. Or you could get a degree in business.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. In my experience you get out what you put in. Not every path leads to success but if you can learn a life lesson it will undoubtedly improve your life and chances in for success in the future. Opportunities are there but they aren't always obvious. It's also much better, in my opinion, not to listen to what others think is best for you even if they have great intentions.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. It's all about pulling the trigger and showing up every single day. It is amazing what human beings can achieve just by consistency.
    I copied a business idea a year ago from a boss i had. I had the intention of copying that idea for 9 years until i finally got the money and the balls to pull the trigger. It is an emotional roller coaster let me tell you that. Even though you know you are playing a winning game you will worry. I do not have kids but when i started it felt like i had a newborn that i had to look after.

Good luck

Arc

• Like Like x 1
  5. The harder you work, the luckier you get.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. Not enough opportunities that are easy to see for working class people in my opinion. If youre smart enough youll find your way of making money and creating your own opportunities, but honestly there are too much things someone can do that will take time and money from them so always do your homework ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Education and life experience

you never have a enough

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Lots of opportunity just have to try put effort into it and search.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. & I don’t agree with education per say, Iv done fine without. Amazing the places you can go as long your not a lazy prick

10. 100%

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. When you work for someone else, you are already defeated...you are subject to their whim, their mercy, their greed and need for you to do for them...they will pay you what they will and fire you to hire another and no thought about you...
    I started my first company as my base and then two offset companies out of need to expand and excell.
    For sure you have to work somewhere to get started, gain experience and knowledge...perhaps meet a mentor...see what you agree with and what you do not...see how you would manage...all in all with the ultimate goal of making your business bigger and better when your chance arises...
    Believe me...I ate alot of ramen before I ate steak...but it was MY RAMEN!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. #12 GorillaGherkin, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Society is set up for most to work so we support government. Focus on friends and family and making ur mark. We’re not born we’re being farmed money makes the world go round. All we r in this life is a memory to ppl we touch in one way or another, a tax payer, a soc. Sec #, and a statistic.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. That’s awesome man! I’ve worked for a shitty company for way to long. Seen a lot of dumb stuff, but learned a lot along the way. So, when I do start my own business, I’ll know how to treat my employees.

14. Getting a damn job is rocket science aperantly, whoohoo for a years unemployment!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. No, I apply everywhere and don't get shit and treated like trash for no other reason other than that I'm different mentally.

Getting a job and a degree is harder than ever and most likely ends in debt.

So slaving your life away for a cooperation just for money is your only option. Then you get treated like garbage for that being your only opportunity.

Mainly because the boomers fucked up the job market so well and its near impossible to get a decent job without going into debt with a degree or making yourself take risks with a potentially dangerous trade.

Opportunity has to do with the lucky hand you already delt at birth.

16. There’s shit out there you just gotta work your ass off to get it.

The top dog wins. Iv seen immigrants that don’t even know English and have fuck all, succeed and go farther in life than white middle class people.

Where there is true will you will find a way when you give up bullshit excuses.

Whiny assholes get no where.

Not denying that society is fucked or anything but there is always a way if you pick yourself up and push hard.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. Find what you do well and run with it hard.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. No one whined about shit. I'm telling it like it is. The cookie will always crumble not everyone will be very successful.

It has nothing to do with hard work. There are just as many people who work over 70 hours a week and barely can feed themselves and their families.

Most people live pay check to pay check.

No one is excusing anything you just live in a out of touch bubble where you think like a simpleton.

Its not as simple as work=success.

And 60% of wealth is old money that people were born with passed down from generations.

Your argument has proven false time and time again.

4 people own 50% of this country's wealth and didn't do shit to earn to it.

You admit society is fucked then use the same arguments that the entitled use to defend their wealth they got from birth.

• Agree Agree x 1

19. Hold the fuck up a second.

I was born in a broke as fuck family dude. I had to have a job growing up to help my parents through. To even get some food on the plate for the family.

Not only that but had to drop out of school early so we could make it as a family. So I don’t even have a proper education. Don’t feed me some bullshit like I’m a upper class citizen. I was broke and I grew up in poverty.

But Iv worked my ass off and made something of myself. All I’m saying is people who sit and complain about jobs not being there etc and some expect it just to fall in there lap.

I understand the differences in wealth being born rich and being born poor. I grew up eating ramen and Kraft dinner if I was lucky.

But people who sit and complain about there life not being catered to and are white and middle class, piss me off. Because Iv seen people rise from the worse of the worse.

And yes hard work has everything to do with it. You get no where as you obviously discovered with that bullshit attitude.
    I got nothing to back me up but my hard work, but I still get hired over people who’ve gone to school for years. Every job treated with utter most respect And worked my ass off when there regardless of the job. I’m a work horse i get shit done.
    Taken every opportunity I was given regardless of what it was. And keep searching and moving up.

Hard work goes a long ways my friend.

• Like Like x 1
  20. & yah I did get good opportunities and I did get to know some powerful people.

Not because I’m rich or know rich people growing up, because I took every chance I had and made something of it and kept climbing the rope. And every resume Iv ever sent out I followed up calling the employer showing interest and drive. Convincing them why I am a good decision.

If I didn’t take some of the shittiest jobs Iv had in my life I wouldn’t be where I am now. And only because I worked my ass off with all those jobs back in the day. Thats why I am where I am today.

Don’t tell me working hard gets you no where biggest bullshit Iv heard in my life.

Pathetic

• Disagree Disagree x 1