Do you ever wish you could travel back in time?

Discussion in 'General' started by jizzledfreq, Jan 28, 2017.

1. I don't mean to go and kill a baby Adolf Hitler, I mean in your life, to make a different decision that would ultimately send the trajectory of your life in a better direction. Sure I'd unmeet some people, and unhave some experiences, but life might be a little better.

I've just been thinking a lot...

I'd go wayyyyyyyy back to May 2012, shortly after my daughter was born. I worked a shitty ass job at a car wash, the money was excellent. I decided not to wash a truck that was covered in a literal foot of thick mud, I got impatient because I was the only one washing that day and they ended up firing me because I just refused to do a good job because of the mud...

I would've washed that truck, kept my shitty car wash job. What would've been different?

I would've had money, my GF wouldn't have needed to worry about finances and could've just focused on our daughter instead of returning to work. I would've been a better boyfriend and father, not let our relationship go to shit. I wouldn't have let her get a Depo Shot and opted for a diaphragm instead.

Instead of my current reality: College drop out, unemployed, not with said girl, barely get to see my daughter or be a part of her life, another dude raising her and bangin' my ex... My life going absolutely nowhere in the past 4 years, no progress at all.

• Like Like x 1
  2. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. We all make choices in life. But in the end our choices make us.

4. hmmm

back to when I was working at Walmart. would of lit that joint up about an hour later and would of been working there longer. but the trade off would be less work experience since after that job I went with an employment agency which gave me bounds of resume add ons and the chance to meet other people. i'd say it was a pivotal moment in my life.

then the time I gave my mom a black eye.... no I wouldn't go back to repent, I would go back to beat the shit out of it. honestly she was toxic with a personality of insecurity, and would do anything to hold power and couldn't stand anybody that was having fun. honestly growing up with her made me a nice guy today, as learning not how to act lol, at the expense of a social life and leaving me trapped in my head even though I'm surrounded by people. I've been gone from it for almost a year and a half and I'm still trying to figure life out.... I was her pet mushroom with a short leash

5. No.. because then you never learn a thing.

6. Be glad you're only a college dropout, not a convicted murderer or something .. lol

Plenty of things that can be done.

7. You don't know all that man. You could've washed all the mud off that truck and then been killed when the front bumper pinned you to the floor because the mud was the only thing holding it on.

Don't waste your time and energy with could've/would've/should've. It gets you nowhere. Focus on what lies ahead and how you can make positive steps to be who you want to be.

• Like Like x 2
  8. 20 credits to go, maybe someday I'll return and get my Associates Degree. :confused_2:

Maybe :laughing:

Every now and then I dig up a bunch of ol' stuff from deep deep down in my soul, I'm just letting it all go, tryin' to tak' life one day at a time.

9. hey you, get your damn hands off her

10. yeah someimes

11. i guess we all think good desions lead to good things which may be true somtimes but i really dont think about what i cant change it can ruin you for me anyway with obsessive thoughts why didnt i do this

12. #12 Tonika, Feb 5, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 5, 2017
    yup so I wouldnt have had to do 3 years locked up in Jamaica f/r. If i could tho I would go back to the time of the dinosaurs or really far in the future lbvs.

13. I wish I could go back to 2007. My sophomore year in High School. Good easy going times.

Now I just work work work.

• Like Like x 2
  14. I'd go Spring 2008 and focus on my music degree instead of getting involved with and sucked into the drama filled world of a 16 YO High School drop out who had probably banged every single dude in the small town.

15. Na..........For every year of misery there is a day of sunshine. If we had too many sunshiny days, we wouldn't appreciate em.

and Geico can save you 15%?

16. I had an amazing job in high school. Worked at a 70's era restaurant with 4 of my best friends. walked about with about $60-70/night and made $50 in wages per shift as a bus boy. As a kid, that's a lot of money. I'd just smoke my friends out in the parking lot after work, smoke blunts on the job, etc.
    Stupidly, I got off on the wrong foot with the bosses son who started to take over. He eventually ended up taking me off the schedule cause he didn't like me. I was in that teenage rebellion stage. Friends still work there for holidays. Each SHIFT they work they make over $700. I'm forever jealous.

It was only a few years ago but it feels like a completely different time, I'm definitely one of the younger regulars on here so I can't relate as well.
    I'd probably say I'd redo high school if I could or my freshman year of college.

• Like Like x 1
  17. New management always sucks for someone, sorry it had to be you.

I used to work as a Bouncer at a bar, I didn't make much but it was awesome as fuck. They hired a dude from a bar across the street who knew the head of security very well (they had been working as bouncers on the scene for 20 years) who was a former Navy S.E.A.L.

Well... He didn't like me very much. I got off the wrong foot with him when I showed up to work completely stoned :laughing: He wanted to make some changes, I was the ONLY bouncer making an effort to make those changes, he even was tellin' me good job & shit. He kept callin' team meeting night after night, chewin' us out, and after a few weeks of building tension I called him the fuck out, "Man... You're tellin' us to make these changes, we're making these changes, and you're still harpin' on us! WTF!?"

My damn co workers didn't back me up, that night we had a team meaning and the head of security told me either quit now, or two weeks...

Fuckin' new management...

• Like Like x 1
  18. I think time travel is possible but you'd possibly die upon arrival. How do you select which time to go to? Have you programed the universe to have selections? Or would it be random and a guess at best?

The earth spins pretty damn fast and you could arrive in the middle of rock formation or high above ground in the air.

In a fantasy world, I'd like to go back 20 years with the knowledge I have. Getting new identity could be a challenge.

19. MUD really got you thinking? Amazing what it doesn't take.

For the record, I'd kill hitler and become a rabbi.

20. 3/4 of my restaurant jobs have been fucked because of new management.

Walked out on one (immediately regretted doing that as soon as I pushed open the doors), quit the other.

I feel you

The one I walked out on, the owner promoted a 20 something year old guy to floor manager. Ended up being a mondo dick. I would rather lose my job than get talked to like a bitch when I put the most effort into my work and am well liked by every other manager.

• Like Like x 1