Do you ever think how awesome life is?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by raven46, Oct 8, 2010.

1. Such as?

2. such as existence itself
    it being able to observer itself existing
    infinite source
    nature
    time
    gravity
    stars
    planets
    life
    humans
    love
    love
    love
    love
    love

3. You're WAY too advanced for me dude... and I say it with utmost respect. :smoke:

I'm just amazed at thumb drives. I can't comprehend how it can hold so many songs... thousands of them... I used to have huge boxes of cassette tapes and they were barely in hudreds...

4. #24 mushroomsatsuji, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2010
    Everything. Life as we know it. To think that we are even able to comprehend even a glimpse of whatever you want to call this 'reality' is amazing.

The sun, moon, and stars. Dogs, cats, and giraffes. All miracles. Most people dont think about these things and accept that this is just how things are and dont see the magic in any of it. I believe this is the same magic we had as kids, but most loose as they grow older and their soul begins to wither.

Yes this is slightly based on the ICP song. It just confuses the fuck out of me that people are saying that song promotes ignorance. You can know how things work and still see it as a miracle. It doesnt have to be an act of God for it to qualify. People today are expecting dudes to rise from the grave and have water turn into wine and blood. Thats not a miracle. Thats just bullshit

http://forum.grasscity.com/spirituality-philosophy/681025-miracles.html

5. Yes I do have days where i'm way thankful for life and how wonderful that day or time is:hello: I think that's important to be humble and thankful when you have a great day, cause everyday isn't grand, and we never know when it's all over with, so enjoy those great days and be thankful.

I think it's important to try and carry a positive attitude thru life and hard times...knowing and hoping that a better day is coming along again, can make it easier to get thru the bad ones. Besides, having a positive attitude takes less energy to have than to be mad....makes less wrinkles too :p

6. I'm awed by life when I think of some organism.

Like... squid. How did anyone come up with such design?

[​IMG]

7. #27 Knee Deeper, Oct 13, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 13, 2010
    Haha exactly.

Lookin' at the ocean is lookin' at life itself, (beautiful and sublime, at the same time)

Gazin' out over the ocean, I am captivated by the beauty of the water, and by the contrasting sky above. There aren't many other things more beautiful in life to look at. In the midst of admiring and appreciating the beauty of my surroundings, I suddenly realize how powerless I am against the force of the ocean. Not to mention the mysteries of the deep. This is the sublime.

8. i just apply THC to about any situation. my world differs from the sober one. im on a constant weed hunt, lol

9. when I was a wee lad in class I would ignore the ramblings of a tired of life old fool and focus on the important things in life. i would put tape on the desk, then take it back off. but i would look reaaaallly close to the tape, and what I saw always amazed me. all these little threads reaching their breaking point at different times, it was like a minuature building falling down, things breaking into peices you could almost imagine how it would sound if you were that small. and i would imagine it, and it was awesome

ever since then i've realized that everything out there can be such an amazing experience if you really think about it, if you think of all the different possibilities that could have happened and the things that did happen to make that one thing or occurence happen it blows your mind.

10. I was listening to some classic rock, it got me thinking. You know when you're listening to you're favorite music and you're mind just drifts? Yeah

This thread cheered me up after a shitty day:)

11. What was the song?

I love music...

12. Damn dude I cant remember haha

13. I've definitely been there before...but I'm not currently due to some health issues. But I'm trying to get back to that point.

14. Even when I'm not having the best time i think about how awesome life is. My life doesn't suck that much and only when I'm in a shitty mood or something i don't realize that, but I'm sure the good outweighs the bad, its just easier (as weird as it sounds) to feel bad about life than good, but i try my hardest to be the optimist

15. Yes.
    Sometimes it catches me off guard, and I am overwhelmed by a rush of joy and contentment, and I can't help but smile at every single thing I see. Its all part of the same big puzzle, and it truly is beautiful.

16. Life itself is AMAZING and leaves so much room to pleasantly ponder about....

17. It's only awesome when you get what you want. I wish I didn't think like this though.

18. is this a dream?, are you imagining this?... if so... how elaborate! what detail your mind has gotten into to come up with things that don't apply to you at all. like people talking in there house.
    what if this isn't even your dream, then that means your the man in the house... its probably not, actually... its not(or so Ive convinced myself) its just too perfect.

you know whats some krazy shit... a mind. . how does your mind see things, like dreams. its a picture our minds make up. we say "seeing" but that's capturing light in the eye or something. what ever it is, its not picturing it. the only other thing close is memory. our mind can use known colors to develop a picture of our own

were do you come up with these particles that work together to comprehend.

i think that your Conscience is crazy too.that voice in your head. the one you use to talk in your head that just seems to be perfect English(because its exactly what you want it to say). it works the same way, your not making a noise, you are remembering known sounds and putting them in your own order.

19. sorry for all the quotes but YES, im really feelin this right now!!!! the simplest things in life are the most over looked, but if you take a minute to appreciate it it can take you to a whole new level... simplest things like looking at the sky and the clouds.. the moon is fucking beautiful. the neverending horizon on a sunny day.. the patterns of clouds that move across the sky before your eyes.. the ability to interact with eachother. smile at a stranger, theyll smile back. the connection two people can have, good friends. inward joy :D:D:D