Do you ever think about getting old?

Discussion in 'General' started by Tinklepee, Feb 16, 2010.

1. I listened to a bunch of songs I used to listen to in high school, and it got me thinking about how I am getting older. I'm about to turn 20.. so I'm not old at all lol. It just made me think about one day I'll be 40 thinking back on memories when I was 20.

Anyone else think about it?

2. yeah, but im happy with whats gone on so far. well actually not recently. if the jury finds me not guilty in 9 days, then ill be happy, otherwise ill be upset with myself until im off probation. if im innocent, ill smoke plenty of weed and smile back on the past couple years of my life

3. Absolutely, I am living it. Watching our kids go through some similar things through life brings you back to that thing of "back in my day". LOL. It is fun to think about them but nice to know they are done and going forward from here.

4. I am 19, wanting so badly to be 30. Young people in general are just too foolish. I do imagine though that once I reach the age of 30, I will recollect on the earlier days of my life, but I doubt I will miss it.

5. 40 isn't reall old.When I think of being old,I think of what I'll be like when I'm 80,and what the world is gonna be like.Damn,that's gonna suck.

6. It crosses my mind sometimes. I'm 25 years old and sometimes I wonder where the hell the time went. I remember being 16 like if it was just yesterday. Time really flies and we get old fast so we need to enjoy our youth as much as possible. I'm not looking forward to aging :(

7. haha man aint no guarantee youll even be 25 so enjoy it

8. getting old scares the er living shit outa me man im turning 20 in a few months not being a teenager will be wierd when ur 19 and hooking up with a 16 yearold it sounds ok when ur 20 and hooking up wiht a 17 yearold it dosnt sound as good i always thought ill be a fuck up as a kid and eventualy get my shit straight...that never happened

9. I think about it quite a bit.
    I try to stay pretty optimistic about it though. :hello:

10. I'm aware of every passing day, and I try to embrace each day with a smile. The only thing I fear about aging is my body not being able to carry me everywhere I want to go. I also hope I'll be as happy with my life as I am now.

11. foolish people are foolish, some young people are inexperienced, but i would say many could also be experienced and not foolish hah...

but yeah dude, i have been weirded out lately, im 20, and i keep thinking that if anyone asks me my age i feel like saying 17 or 18...i hear someone mention 16 year old and i think, oh thats not much of an age difference, only 2 years or so, but now its 4 years difference haha...i keep forgetting im 20 now and i always say "kids these days"....when you catch urself saying that...yeah...i feel old

12. I just turned 40 not long ago and had a period of time where I sort of panicked about my mortality. I did some reading- consulting the great scholars of the past hoping they could provide some insight. Acceptance has helped me the most I guess.

BTW The Unbearable Lightness Of Being is a bear but well worth it.

13. I am 33 and it lingers in the back of my mind. everyone says the 20's where its at. But I have loved my 30's.O expect 40's to be even better.

14. #15 wenahaone, Feb 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2010
    23 here and yes I do. Kind of sucks. I'm damb near athiest, so I always feel a sense of urgency like I feel rushed to fit a bunch of shit into my life while still in my youth.

I really don't want to look back on my life and feel like I missed a bunch of oppurtunities and have a bunch of regrets. I actually have quite a number already, so I guess I try to keep in mind the oppurtunities I've missed out on when I come across other oppurtunities.

well, phhhhh...

15. I actually think about it way more than I should. Doesn't necessarily scare me, just more experiences and memories along the way...

16. #17 Ihop60, Feb 16, 2010
    Take it from an old fart (60 in March). You have NO idea how fast it goes by either. Chronicman is right however, not everybody makes it; so you might not have to worry about it much longer. Good luck with that.

[​IMG]

Relax, and enjoy the time you do have, you'd be surprised how many people waste the time they are given.

17. every day. i just keep coming to the thought that "my time is already over." everything is here now, but its gone tomorrow. with that thought constantly looming over the only thing i can do to make myself feel better is grind my ass off, and make every day count. dont do shit youre indifferent about; if youre bored go do something, hit the books, anything thatll make you happy without jepordizing youre only chance at building a better future.

so this is what i think about when getting old, how im going to feel about what im doing now, cuz i dont want to be one of those guys that looks back and say "those were the times of my life." fuck that, the time of my life is happening every second of every day

18. #19 See Emily Play, Feb 16, 2010
    I get nervous about it sometimes. I'm 20, in college and have no idea what the hell I'm gonna do with my degree when I'm done.

I'm doing a BA in Drama so there's not much I can do with my degree other than, well, drama. And, like any creative career, there's no guarantee you'll be successful, or even get a job, regardless of your degree.

When I'm done I'm planning to move to America, so I'll have to get a green card and figure out someway to find a temporary job and somewhere to stay - in a country where I don't know anyone.

Sometimes I have to sit back and ask myself "Dude. What the fuck are you doing?"

Most of the time, I force negative thoughts out of my head and just keep going in the direction that I'm going because I refuse to be that 40 year old who looks back and wishes that they followed their dreams. My worst fear is being old and looking around and wondering "How the hell did I get here? This isn't what I wanted".. Fuck that, I'll chase my dreams til my legs fail me

Edit: Post 420:smoking:

19. that looks eerily similar... you dont happen to be my soul mate, do you?