Do you ever have that feeling?

Discussion in 'General' started by Izi, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Where you just want to change the world, become an icon, do something help all of humanity, and to be written down as someone like Magellan, Da Vinci, Socrates, Pluto, Amelia Earhart, John Lennon, Ghandi, Rosa Parls, JFK, RFK, Eleanor Roosevelt, FDR, Cleopatra, Martin Luther King Jr, George Washington, Thomas Jefferson, Ben Franklin, etc?

As I approach my time for college, I have this feeling more and more often...

Is this how these great people felt before their monumentous action(s) took place? Or did they not think about it and it happened, and I'm just a sheep wishing I could be one of them?

2. Thats true man. It would be sick for people 100's of years from now to be reading about how great you were in a book. It is possible so dont think you can't do it because anything is possible. maybe try inventing something or creating an easier use of something there is today? but im blazed so idk how good my advice3 is:smoking:

3. I get that feeling but in a different way. I always find myself thinking about if America got invaded, living on the west coast i would try to organize a guerilla resistance group and wreak havoc on the invaders, which would make me a common character in my grandchildrens history books.

4. i feel like that a lot. sometimes i want to not buy food and buy other people food so in a way i can kind of sacrifice something that other people enjoy, but then reality kicks in and i realize that it is what it is. all these iconic figures, they viewed it as their job in a way. it was what they were, what they did and thats how people remembered them but above that they had status and in a way luck had a lot to do with it. realistically speaking, there are millions of people who help people everyday, charities, but they just aren't recognized. and even people who are recognized for accomplishments are constantly defied or attempted to be proven wrong, especially like socrates and pluto or made out to be someone completely pyscotic like da vinci. and some people genuinely made a difference because they believed in it and not because there was a 500k paycheck at the end of the day. its growing up, and good for you! unfortunately, so many people feel this way so if your lucky and you get recognized for your good deeds and are given status, thats positive.

5. [​IMG]
    We all feel like that all the time. You don't hear us gassin' on about it.

6. knowing what to strive for is good before college choosing what direction to take is the hard part. Nature always choses the best ones and their cream rises to the top.

The great will always soar over the mediacore . they create while others destroy

7. Wait, why are you bring me down, about me going on a rant about overachieving in life?

8. I often get the feeling that I'm supposed to be important and special (in my field), but then I get depressed and tell myself that it's probably delusions of grandeur and for everyone 1 person that has their dream come true there's 1,000 of people who end up never coming close and have to settle for mediocrity or nothing.

9. Yeah I feel that, but then I think (not too sound arrogant or anything), that I, as in ME, am supposed to be that one that achieves, that great one. The one that'll be known, like it's my destiny. Maybe I'm just an attention-seeker though? I don't know, I don't have that characteristic in life, just I want to bring a revolution...of something. I'm deeply into philosophy, drug history/literature, ancient civilizations and historical studies, and many sciences. And art is my passion, and what I'm going to school for.

I don't know, just I FEEL something there.....

...and then again I think, well, what COULD I even do?

I would just have loved to have been inside those revolutionaries heads, at the time of when they made history, to see, and feel, and think what they were, to know what they did, and to know how they came to that realization.

...Life is just full of so many mysteries.

10. Make a difference.
    Start a movement.
    If you have the people behind you, you cant be stopped.

11. I always feel like I'll be the next john lennon or something. The world needs a good leader these days who are we supposed to look up to?

12. Holy shit, I've been dreaming of that ever since I was like in the 7th grade. :eek:
    Too bad the stupid government won't let us Californians have our toys. Well, soon I'm going to buy a Mosin-Nagant probably.

13. yes, but it usually ends at cocaine comedown. :cool:

14. I think most kids your age feel that way. I know I did. But if you want to do great things for the world, then you should just do great things for the world and not worry at all about if anyone is going to remember you or read about you centuries from now. If you're doing great deeds, but your motive is for your own benefit, what's the point?

I think most of the people you mentioned had passions for certain things and then excercised that passion for the sake of the world/people without really any concern about what happens to their own well-being.

15. Sometimes, I think I'm the son of God. A bit crazy eh?

16. Wow, you must be baked. Lol, I really dont know what to say.

17. I am now, but I wasn't when I posted it...so yeah.

18. "I could give a damn if any fan recall my legacy,
    I'm tryin to live life in the sight of God's memory."

-Talib Kweli

Live life for yourself, not so someone a century later will be impressed.

19. No.
    Not really a huge fan of humanity

20. I've lost that lovin' feelin