Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you ever feel like a drug user?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by nth, Jan 2, 2011.

1. I was thinking just now about everything to with weed, as I was blazing. I don't class it as a drug. A drug to me is man-made. Synthetic. Chemicals. What I smoke is a plant. It's at natural as you get. Hands down I'll smoke a bowl over taking a pain killer.
    But a few people I know are real anti-weed. I never try to force my opinion upon anyone. If i know someone has a dislike to weed, I won't smoke it in their company. It's basic social etiquette. But yet, on the subject of smoking weed, they make me feel like I'm a junkie. They'll spout misinformed totally ridiculous comments my way, without being provoked.
    It makes me feel like a wrong doer. A criminal. But to be honest, I'm the most harmless person you could meet. Apart from smoking, I've never broken the law. I'm a student and have a part time job. I don't like the fact I have to go through sketchy people to smoke something I deem harmless. I don't like the fact I'm breaking the law.
    But then I think fuck it, I know I'm right. I know my facts, I've done my research. How can something that makes you feel this nice have so many people against it? I doesn't make sense.

Anyway, if you managed to read all of that, thanks :) Anyone else felt the same?

2. Sure, because I do other "drugs" aswell. But I consider anything a drug, my coffee from tim hortons is a drug, I depend on it more then I do breathing.

But you have to look past that and ask yourself "doe's it really even matter if I'm a drug user?"

3. Man its all about making urself happy....

some people wanna ruin their life with benzos (like my mom) some people wanna ruin their life with heroin (liek my dad did, luckily hes been sober 5 years now)

me.. i just smoke some fuckin weed... no consequences so in all honesty it just seems like the smarter choice to me..... plus its legal for me in colorado.

a plant that makes u feel super fucking awesome and happy with zero harmful side effects when vaped and doesnt cause a hangover = not a drug.. but a blessing. =D

4. one time i did, i was standing there looking at my bowl and sketching myself out. then i got over it and listened to the beatles <3 haha

5. Live your life the way you want to and leave the negatives behind. Don't boggle your mind with what everyone else do and say, if they don't like your method then ask them to get the fuck out of your way.

You're not the one who needs enlightenment.

Time will make fools of them all ;)

6. every time, to me drugs are drugs and cannabis is a drug and so is coffee as well as advil.

so yes

7. I feel like this sometimes around people who know I smoke, but they don't themselves.

All of the propaganda and misinformation makes them compare me to a coke fiend or something, and I take it to heart sometimes..

I guess just knowing it's illegal or something makes me feel that way.

But then I smoke a bowl and it's all good haha.

8. hahaha yeah,when i go to the store to buy my medicine :D (Medical Cards Rule!:metal::yay::metal:)

9. :hello: I go to the pharmacy also to get my medication :D

10. Actually the other day I packed a bowl and was about to hit it (out of instinct pretty much) but I stopped for a second and got into this really weird deep thought on how I got in to smoking and how I almost feel that I need to smoke every day and that feeling was really strange and I almost felt like a drug addict. But then I remembered how my grades are better than before I had started smoking and how much happier I was and I snapped out of it and hit the bowl. But I suppose I did almost feel like a drug user for a short period there, it was really wierd though

11. I used to feel guilty about smoking weed, but in the past few months, I've realized that aside from it being against the law and consuming my money, there's nothing wrong with it.

When anti-MJ people find out I smoke they generally give me the "tisk tisk" BS, but I try to let it go. If they carry on about it, I attempt to enlighten them so they'll stop spewing misinformation and hopefully learn the facts :smoke:

12. I smoke cannabis, therefore, I am a drug user.

That, however, is a seperate issue than people trying to describe you as a junkie.

13. #13 thedeadwalkk, Jan 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 2, 2011
    Yea i consider my self a drug user, mainly because i do alot of other drugs but thats beside the point. Your only lying to yourself if you say "weed isn't a drug, because its a "herb" and not man-made." Well just so you know, a drug is ANY substance that alters your state of mind, or our perception, which weed does. Its still a drug, but its a pretty harmless drug. Weed is just as much of a drug as crack, coke, or heroin is. But it isn't nearly or even close to as bad as those three drugs are (just picking examples). Anything that alters your state of mind, perception, or the way you think of things, even if it makes you think about things more deeply, is still a drug.

EDIT: If you say weed isn't a drug because it isn't man made, then you could say magic mushrooms aren't a drug because they aren't man made, but they are. Who cares if weed isn't a drug, its not going to ruin your life like other drugs out there.

14. no i feel i am smoking a plant that should be embraced in socity if everyone smoked weed the world would be such a better place ya know

15. I've found that you will usually (I hesitate to say "only") feel like a drug user when your life is in shambles. I think you guys know what I mean. Ignoring things, fucking up, putting shit off till the future, not learning the lessons that you personally need to learn from life because your high all the time. Trust me I've been there for years. Once I hit 25 years old I was like...holy shit...now what? I did the chasing the high thing since I was 16 but I was really bad at living responsibly and not giving the herb a bad name. I was a selfish prick and I still have trouble giving a shit about other people. But in the last few months I stopped using pot to escape reality so much and started trying to make it as more of a reward. And I feel a whole lot better, suprise suprise. Don't get me wrong a lot of my problems and shit that I've put off to get high all the years came rushing back into my face, but I at least feel like I'm facing all it now. I have hope. Having hope is everything. Take care of each other tokers!

16. ask this guy--------------->:smoke:

17. I am a proud drug user because deep down I know that I'm using the most harmless drug out there. I enjoy every moment of my life now

18. Yea, when i realize it when im drinking 3 sodas a day.

19. yeah very often considering weed is a drug :p

20. I feel like a drug user, but just about everyone in America uses drugs. However, I hate when people look at me the way they would look at a crack addict or something; I'm more sociable and happy and as harmless as can be when I'm high, so to have a friend look at you like you just stuck a dirty IV into your arm is sad (for them, since they aren't enlightened).