Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you ever feel kind of high when you're sober?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by floydharrison, Mar 24, 2017.

1. I've been smoking almost every day for a few weeks now. Before that, I smoked maybe once or twice a month if even that. Ever since I started smoking almost daily, sometimes I feel a small high when I go outside. I haven't smoked in like 4 or 5 days because I'm broke until this weekend and out of weed, but I walked outside today and everything seemed more pleasant and brighter. It was just like it is when I'm high and outside just not as extreme. Also, when this happens, I feel very at peace with the Earth. Maybe it's in my head, but I've heard weed can permantly change your perceptions. Does this ever happen to you?

2. Happens to me usually the second or third day into a t break. Used to happen when I first started as well I'd get super blitzed at night and the next day was almost as glorious as the first bc you still feel kinda high

Sent from my HTC Desire Eye using Tapatalk

3. It happens to me too.
    My theory is:
    - You have the brain, cannabinoids, serotonin, melatonin and sunlight.

- Serotonin is the hormone responsible in regulating our moods.
    - Melatonin regulates our sleep patterns, and is directly affected by light/darkness in its production cycle.

When the sun comes up, and sunlight hits the optic nerve, some of that light is sent to the gland in the brain in charge of melatonin. In response, melatonin secretion decreases. When the sun goes down, the body increases its secretion of melatonin. At the same time, when the body perceives sunlight, serotonin levels increase. And the more sunlight the human body is exposed to, the more serotonin the brain produce.
    (Source: Can the sun make me happy?)

In this process, us cannabis users have something extra: cannabinoids.
    Cannabinoids interact with serotonin production, making us feel in a good mood when we're high.
    If you smoke frequently (keep in mind that it takes at least 2 weeks to get your system rid of cannabinoids), theres some traces of THC/CBD/CBN/others left in your brain. So, when you see the sunlight, they boost the effects of natural serotonin production, making us feel the way you described, OP.

I believe in this theory too because, at one point in my life, I had to take anti depressants that stimulated serotonin production, and I felt the exact same thing when I went outside on a beautiful day.

But again, that's just my theory ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

4. Weed has opened my eyes to see through the slavery system that minimum wage earning is. More importantly money as the root cause of hierarchical greed. So yeah, being enlightened heightens the senses a bit and may change your perception for the better.

• Like Like x 4
  5. Happens to me as well. The next day I won't even need to smoke, and I'll be kind of at peace with everything as if I were still high. It even improves my daily tasks such as going to the gym, eating, being at work, I just feel so much more relaxed not sure why but it's definitely not a bad thing

6. do you ever feel kind of sober when you are high?

• Like Like x 1
  7. Guess if you smoke bunk lol

8. Not so much high, in my experience, just a bit detached from reality as the effects wear off, which I absolutely love, haha. That's one of the reasons I actually look forward to high-hangovers (That's the correct term, right?). You're not still fully high, but just a little fuzzy. Where, like, time still passes a little slower, music still sounds a bit better, etc. All in all, though, I love it!

• Like Like x 1