Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you dream when you fall asleep stoned?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by KarnsteinRecs, Mar 4, 2012.

1. No. If you do, you must be God, because REM is practically non-existent when you're stoned, and that's what makes you dream.

2. I don't dream when I fall asleep high but when I don't smoke I have some crazy intense dreams

3. You dream every time you enter REM sleep whether you realize it or not. It's that DMT working on you ;)

4. Well, you better start getting on your knees and worshiping me because I've had dreams after falling asleep stoned plenty of times.

As your new God, I require a sacrifice. It doesn't have to be human. A goat or sheep will do just fine.

5. I've had dreams too, very lucid dreams that one might actually call out of body experiences. - I guess I just did call them that... lol

6. I fall asleep most, if not, every night and I have dreams at least 2 out of 5 nights. Sometimes more.

Usually they're pretty fucked up dreams that leave me confused in the morning. I'm convinced it's the weed.

7. My dream recall is practically non-existent. Anyone have any tips for dream recall?

8. I have dreamed when I fell asleep stoned, but it's usually within the first month or so after a t-break... I've noticed that if I smoke a significant amount each day (usually three or more bowls minimum) I either won't dream or I won't remember them when I wake up...

9. Dreamt I was a chameleon at a Led Zeppelin concert one time. Dream recall is pretty shitty when falling asleep stoned, but it's certainly not impossible. One of the most important things in recalling dreams is to not move when you first wake up. Just linger in bed and try to remember what you probably JUST woke up from.

10. Look up pawlywog's 'guide to lucid dreaming' thread on here. It'll also help a lot with dream recall.

11. Thanks much junkie, I'll have a look.

12. I do. I had a dream about a big orgy party the other night. Strange. They're usually about sex, weed, or food.

13. How about dreams of sex, weed and food? ;)

14. I dream every time I fall asleep high, I've worked really hard on my dream recall so I remember all of them.

Last night I dreamed we were in a zombie apocalypse and had boxes and boxes of stuff. Like random junk like those things that you put your keys on and put the thing on your belt loops or backpack. Nothing useful.

15. umm... i always have dreams when i go to sleep high

16. #18 KinkySwitch, Mar 4, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 4, 2012
    Now that I'm off of an SSRI I don't dream much.I smoke pot like every day, and usually before I go to bed, I've used it within an hour or two of going to sleep, and have gone to sleep while stoned. Sometimes I dream and I wake up and know I did dream, but can't remember. When I was on the SSRI and was doing pot, I dreampt more often. Before I started pot, I recalled my dreams more clearly.

Isn't it REM sleep that you need to feel rested and have energy? Or is that the other way around? I've noticed an increase in my energy despite this no dreaming thing. However, I have noticed that I am much more irritable in the mornings and less tolerant of stressors within the first few hours after waking. Does anyone else experience this - that smokes a lot and doesn't dream/recall their dreams?

17. [quote name='"Lizzie1000and1"']

How about dreams of sex, weed and food? ;)[/quote]

Haha it's happened :p

18. Hardly ever but every great once in awhile I will. Their usually pretty crazy if I do have one.