Do You Do Cardio While Bulking?

Discussion in 'Fitness, Health & Nutrition' started by Taniwha, May 20, 2013.

1. Cardio should be done whether your bulking or not.

2-3 times a week while bulking for 30 minutes should be sufficient.  Make sure you obviously don't do cardio with out eating first though.

Also try not to do cardio after a heavy lift session.

2. #22 leanpocket, Jun 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2013
    I'm a stubborn little fuck but the thought of cutting back on cardio while on bulks always lingered in my head. This thread made me want to try for the past < 2 weeks. Beforehand I did a 4 day workout split and ran 6 days of the week (too painful on leg day). Now I cut cardio back to only running  on non lifting days and I have added 10lbs to all of my compounds whereas such an increase would have taken me twice the time.

3. Whatever cardio you do, you can make up for it by eating more after to replenish those calories you burned.

4. #24 Douglas555, Jun 18, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 29, 2013
    Yeah I do cardio. I do cardio daily, my daily workout routine contains most of cardio workout. 
    I do cardio before starting the weight workout, first I do cardio for at least 30 minutes and then start weight workout. 
    Cardio works well along with weight workouts to burn the fat and lose unnecessary weight. 

Adam Prowse

5. When I do bulk I try to keep up with the cardio. I just eat a lot more to keep my calories consumed over expended. I like the eat so it's a win win for me. 

Depending on my day, but I like to do maybe 30 mins on the elliptical or a nice couple mile bike ride. 

6. I don't even count riding the bike to the gym/work as cardio. Just like squat runs 5 km and doesn't count that as cardio.

I think it depends on definition. What one considers cardio, another might consider conditioning.

7. Yeah cardio all the time for optimal results whichever way you are trying to go 

8. cardio wont screw up your bulk at all as long as you are getting proper nutrition. in fact, cardio promotes blood flow which carries nutrients to the muscles which has the potential to help them recover quicker. your body is smart, it wont use muscle for energy unless you are following a crazy low calorie diet or something dumb like that

9. exactly what my brother said, it's all pretty much the energy(food/nutrients) your body is getting.

10. Cardio is WAY more important than bulking. I'd rather have a strong heart than big arms. Which muscle works harder on a daily basis? Obviously the heart. 

I do my calisthenics to stay toned but weight lifting is overrated. I'd rather be aerobically fit. Cardio will not hurt you it will only help you. 

11. I do weight training, calisthenics and cardio every week so I have the best of 3 worlds.