Do you crack your knuckles?

Discussion in 'General' started by MollyLikesGanja, Nov 23, 2011.

1. do you? how often :cool:
    trying to see how common it is

2. i used to crack them a bit when i did boxing but my mum did it a lot as a kid and she says it really fucked up her fingers, so i quit the habit.

3. i do it all the time....i really cant help it....seeing other people do it makes me want to do it...and talking about it makes me want to do it...i read the title of this thread, then proceeded to crack my knucles...i hope it wont fuk me in the long run...if so, oh well...ill just have to have sum1 else spark my joints for me when im old and crusty =P

4. I do it when I'm reading something

5. Lots of times per day

6. Yup..
    a couple times a day :D

7. Constantly as a kid.

Now that I'm 30, I'm starting to see the effects.

8. #8 psilopsyche, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2011
    Yup. A couple times a day. Plus my back, ankles, and neck.

Edit: Oh, and my toes too.

9. everyday... I would pop my back too if I can but I need someone to help me with that.
    It just feels like the tension is relieved when the joints are popped lol

10. reading the title of this thread just made my crack my knuckles....

but yes.

11. cracking knuckles isnt bad for you. its just nitrogen bubbles bursting. basically harmless

12. I do it before I get into a fight.

13. i can't do it, so never do. and i hate when it's quiet...then someone CRACKS...fuck that's annoying. haha sorry guys...

14. All the time, I'm pretty much addicted. As well as neck, back, elbows, knees, toes, ankles etc. Feels good man.

15. how does it effect your fingers/hand whatever? like you cant bend them the same or what??:confused:

16. [quote name='"MollyLikesGanja"']

how does it effect your fingers/hand whatever? like you cant bend them the same or what??:confused:[/quote]

I thouht I read somewhere that it was just one of those myths parents told their kids :confused:

17. [quote name='"stoneheir"']

I thouht I read somewhere that it was just one of those myths parents told their kids :confused:[/quote]

Yeah I've also heard parents say it makes your knuckles huge lol. All cracking knuckles does is release the air from your joints. It also grinds the cartilage a bit so this can cause some joint pain/problems way down the road if you crack them constantly for years.

18. lol only when im working on a paper for college

19. i crack them about 2-4 times an hour lol. every hour. every day. all. the fucking. time.