Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you consider yourself addicted to weed?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Tyrone_C, Apr 25, 2006.

1. I think the bottom line is, most people arnt really addicted, and they could stop if they needed to, but does anyone really need to? Its not like being addicted to some fucked up drug that screws up your life. People live and function normally while smoking daily, no biggie.

2. It all depends on how u define addiction...

If i keep myself occupied the first day i can stop smoking no problem, but that first day of no smoking is harsh. Dont get any sleep and dont want to eat much. I have been smoking for 7 years, and every day for the past 3 years with maybe 1 break for 2 months. Currently attempting to stop for a short time, its 5 am and i havent been to bed... so yea i can say i am mentally addicted to it (in the same sense one can be addicted to TV, chocolate, sex, or fast cars, etc)

3. Better this than crack or dope:D

4. no but its hard to quit. like if you couldn't eat cheeseburgers. weed is like that. weed and cheeseburgers are each fucking great but not really addicting, but you like to have them a lot. and there's no good reaosn to quit indulging(sp?) in either

5. ya pretty much :) not to bad but yah i am :smoke: ohh and anyone know where to see those commericals hes talking about, i looked them up on youtube but im not sure which one is which and what to type in :smoke:

6. nope not addicted. if i really wanted to i could stop, but i don't want to haha:smoke:

7. I would also say that I border on being mentally addicted. I have been dry for two weeks now but everyday I think about smoking ganj. It doesn't help that I'm always around people who are talking about weed either at school or at work.

I'm not dry of my own choice either. All of my connects have dried up and my stoner 'friends' have completely ditched me. If I could get weed then believe me I would be out the door right now.

8. Mentally of course...but to be honest it's pretty much just a habbit and if you have self control its no problem to stop.

9. Nope. iv been smoking for awhile, and unfortunatly its been off and on a few times due to a few job hunts. but iv had no problem stopping while looking for a job, its sucks, but you gotta do what you gotta do.

i love smoking though :]

10. Truthfully, I think I am. There are only a few days I'm out of ganj, the days I am out and my dealers have nothing for me, and those days are tough. I'm sure I could go longer without it, more than a week if need be, but why should I?

Now I'm in dire need of another job, something outside retail, and have not considered a T-break yet. I think I might consider swapping urine samples before actually taking a T-break - I'm sure that files as some sort of mental addiction.

11. you're addicted, i'll admit i aim too and that is the first step. you will never be able to take any action against your habit if you don't realize and tell yourself you have a habit in the first place. it is hard to admit at first and come to realization, its considered a very bad thing to most people and people are portrayed as weak for being addicted to something. I have a very addictive personality and get 'addicted' to whatever it is i'm doing, learning, reading, watching if it really sparks my interest. I can stay up all night researching things or looking up facts or literature and the same with a video game and marijuana.

12. #73 buttfuckbarbie, Sep 1, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2009
    I'm addicted to it. I've been told I have an addictive personality so thats no surprise. When I'm good for a week without but after that I honestly turn into not a nice person because I have issues trying to force myself into that mellow state of mind to keep my bipolar under control and while also being very emotional, it gets pretty wild. I'll be at work in the middle of walking around the store cursing everything in the building about to punch someone in the face and as soon as I walk from the front of the store to the back and then back to the front, I'm perky and fine again,... kinda like I just "snap out of it" in a way. I find it really hard to control my emotions without it and when I get emotional its the first thing I'm reaching for.

PS: I'd like to note a little food for thought here. I've been to psychologists for the last 11 years (yes, since I was 8 since I was diagnosed with a learning disorder) and I study human behavior and personalities. The phrase "i could quit if I want to but I don't want to" is the 1# line used by those who are in a mental addiction cycle and are in denial of it, or aren't aware of its presence because its became an accepted part in your life and you haven't been able to see things from a different angle. Not pointing fingers or anything like that. Just some food for thought for subsequent messages. :D *passes peace pipe to those who may have been offended by the above statement, no negative intentions*

13. I guess I'm mentally addicted.

Whenever I'm broke I do not even think about smoking AT ALL.... however... whenever I get paid, I get that little urge that begins to creep up on you every hour you dont pick up lol. Like last week I got 50 bucks and in about 2 hours I was calling a good buddy of mine to hook it up with a dub. If I'm forced to quit for any reason, I'm off it, *snap*, just like that. MJ is MJ, it will always be here on this earth, just chill out and get your priorities done first.

Besides, I like getting high every few days. The high is more refreshing, uplifting, and your perception of reality is more defined, sharper, to me at least.

14. I think it's a habit, but not really an addiction. I like smoking a lot obviously, and when I don't smoke I get annoyed, but that's really the extent of it. I don't get angry or aggressive, I won't do anything to get weed, and if I didn't have a healthy amount of money I wouldn't be buying it like I do.

But since school started I've cut wayy back, I used to smoke all day every day but lately I've only been smoking at night on school days and twice during the day on non-school days. It feels nice not to smoke so much, my head feels clearer and sharper. I'm enjoying it.

15. I'm definitely mentally addicted. It's not like I crave it or anything ever but it's definitely something I love to do. When I have weed I smoke it every couple hours, maybe only twice a day, but when I don't have any weed and I'm trying to pick up and kids are giving me a run-around or like everyone is dry.. I get so fuckin' pissed it's unbelievable. I'm trying to get high and something is getting in my way it feels like I need to get it more, and sometimes I'll go out of my way like walk some crazy distance, or drive really far to get a hold of like a gram. I'd say that's a sign of addiction but really, I can go weeks without smoking no problem (I have many times) and after like the first 3 days I don't even really think about it until I'm really bored one random night and decide to start getting high again.

16. When I don't have weed and got stuff to do I don't crave it at all, when I go a while without smoking, weed keeps popping in my head more and more til i scratch that itch and buy some. it's more like craving a certain food you enjoy and haven't had a while than being addicted and letting your life revolve around weed. (with me anyway)

(also, old thread is old)

17. I don't know if I would say addicted. Maybe some people would consider it "addicted". I smoke alot of weed, but not because I am addicted, but because i truely love smoking weed. I love the high. I have quit smoking weed a few times before for jobs and what not, and I was just fine. For the first day, maybe 2 days I was a little tense, only because I feel more comfterable when im high.

18. It's not intelligence which plays into this, it's ignorance. I was very ignorant about the subject until I got into high school where everyone was smoking it and introduced me to it, now I love it.

Yes, I would consider myself mildly addicted

19. YESSSSSSSS this is 100% true, I can almost never stop thinking about my plants, and even though I've been growing for a few years I'm always trying to figure out better ways to dial in my grow.

but smoking it is fun too:D:p:smoking: