Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you consider yourself addicted to weed?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Tyrone_C, Apr 25, 2006.

1. dependant, sure. very, even. but give me proper distractions, and I experience zero withdrawl - so addictive is the wrong word

2. yes. i cannot imagine not smoking weed.

3. Well I started when i was 16 and have been smoking chronically since I was 18. Being 27 that means I've been smoking 2-3 times, or more, per day for 9 years, only taking breaks when I'm forced to, cause the area is dry (very rare...can be years between dry spells lol).

Basically, yes I am addicted to weed. But it isn't necessarily a bad addiction. I don't "suck cock for weed", or steal from family and friends for "weed money". Truth be told, I have a great job, wonderful wife and a clean police record (not counting traffic related citations).

Some people smoke cigarettes, some drink beer, some drink coffee. Everybody has their "thing". My "thing" just happens to be weed. Is that so bad?...I don't think so. Unfortunately my Gov't wants to persecute me for something I do in the privacy of my own home in a responsibe manner, and harm nobody but the occasional bud worm, lol.

*EDIT*

Oh yeah I also wanted to add that I do not go through withdrawals when i don't smoke weed, so maybe I'm not technically "addicted". I guess I just REALLY, REALLY LOVE IT!

4. I enjoy the hell out of being able to come home from work and just witht he flick of my lighter be relaxed almost instantly.

Headaches, stress, and all manner of conditions tend to slip out of me after having a few tokes.

Addiction is a strong word for my relationship with weed, more like symbiosis or something.

5. I'll be the first to admit that I am psychologically addicted to ganja. When I first started smoking I generally would blaze so much that I couldn't function under the pressure that I previously could. Some things got better though. My stress level was so low that I stopped grinding my teeth, which my dentist made light of during my last visit and asked if I had done anything to lower my stress levels recently. I admited that I had smoked a little ganja and while he said he didn't approve of my methods, he said that it was the only thing that seemed successful in the entire time he knew me (which has been like 9 years now), so he said simply to try and find another way, but of course, I didn't.

Anyways, after a while it got easier to function while high because I was doing it so often and whenever I didn't have weed I just got super anxious, angry, and bored out of my skull. Now I can handle being without weed very much (in fact I'm on a 2 week tolerance break at the moment . . . 10 days left, but probably more since it will take me a while to pick up from my dealer after the two weeks are over . . . meh).

Still, if it's around, I tend to try and stay high for at least 8 hours of the day, which usually means 2 bowls of high mids or a couple o hits to a whole bowl of chronic will keep me stoned for that long, which isn't alot, all things considered.

Anyways, even though psychological dependence on cannabis can indeed be debilitating to a certain extent, I can honestly say that as long as one can function and not allow cannabis to overtake every aspect of one's life, then the problem is practically not a problem and should be viewed with extremely mild concern.

That's my two cents, anyway.

6. HIGH All, addicted to weed...naw...just addicted to growing it.

7. lol. One of these days I'll have my own two bedroom apartment with one bedroom setup with a bunch of T5s and like twenty plants, lol. THEN I'll say I'm addicted to growing, meh, we'll see.

I can honestly say I'm psychologically addicted to weed. But that's also because it's one of my life passions. I can't see my life without ganja in it now simply because it's just so goddamn interesting historically, botanically, medically, recreationally, etc. etc. etc.

8. my feelings exactly, but i dont think i could take a break if i wanted to :smoking:

9. i consider myself fully addicted to marijuana in the mental sense. the only thing i crave more are girls.

10. do i consider myself addicted to smoking bud?

yep.

11. im addicted. it seems as if i couldnt go through life without it.:smoke:

12. I aint addicted, i just dont see ANY reason to not smoke.

13. Im not addicted. but I love it. EVERYONE DOES.

14. I love weed. Not addicted though.

15. I couldn't see my life without i, so I guess Im addicted cause is one the most important things that ever happened to me... but I took a break of 1 month so I guess I can go without weed, Im just a little addicted lol..... im gonna smoke a fatty in a few minutes :D

16. Nope, I am not addicted at all.

I don't smoke everyday and sometimes I will go two weeks or more without smoking.

I plan to stay this way as well ;)

17. The only thing more important to me than ganja is my friends and family, but I can honestly say I'm more excited when I pick up a quarter sack than having the chance of seeing a hot girl naked these days . . . but it's really close.

18. see the problem is that im not addicted to weed i could quit weed its just i would have to quit hanging out with everyone because all my friends smoke and if im just chillin no one in the city can say if your friend passes you a blunt you would say naa man unless you got a DT or your paranoyd(sp) so i feel its the people you associate with that determain your addicition but no im not addicted to weed im addicted to hanging out with people and being social which consist of smoking weed (haha gota be analitical about it look at the glass half full not half empty)

19. Addicted in a figurative sense, I guess. I love everything about weed. I love buying weed, smelling weed, the containers I stash it in, the pieces... and of course getting high off of it. The list could go on and on. I also love that I could stop smoking any day and not feel a single withdrawal. I haven't smoked today, but smoked LOTS of weed the last few days.

Of course, I don't really want to stop. :smoke: