Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you consider yourself addicted to weed?

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by Tyrone_C, Apr 25, 2006.

1. I say I'm borderline mentally addicted. Addiction is such a sketchy word as it implys a lack of choice. But I say 'borderline' because every day I think, "Damn, wouldn't this be easier/nicer if a had a bowl going?" Also, a motivating factor in my everyday life is weed. Sometimes I have to tell myself I'll smoke a bowl after I clean my room, or like today, after I put in a hard day at work. I had a bowl packed this morning as a way to get me through my first day back at work. At the same time, I realize that I can enjoy my time without burning herb, so there is definitely a part of me that is "not addicted".

2. yeah i'm addcited. it would not be easy to quit. but fuck, i bet every person in here smokes on a daily basis. people who drink on a daily basis are considered drunks, but plenty of people do that. i'd rather be a stoner than a drunk.

3. The word addiction has a negative conotation(sp?) Whenever I hear of someone being addicted to a substance I see it as meaning using it so much that it hurts them. I have a hard time saying im addicted to weed because A. I can quit whenever there is a valid reason to do so. B. I dont see weed affecting my health or mental state

4. I'm not sure, it may be a from of mental addiction because I want it when I don't have it, but I stop now and then to keep my tolerance low and other than trouble sleeping for a night or so it's not too bad. I have trouble sleeping sometimes anyway so it may not even be the weed (or lack of it, rather). Like someone said, addiction implies a lack of control or choice. I only smoke because I want to. Sometimes I really really want to, but I have stayed clean for a week before with a quarter ounce just sitting in my room in plain sight. I was tempted to smell it a few times, but I didn't. Fuck that, I'm not addicted.:p

5. I smoke everyday, 3x a day. I'm not addicted but I prolly am somewhat dependant on it.

6. yes.

oh, and if i wanted to, i could, but i dont want to!!!!

7. i cud stop if need be, i stopped for 3 weeks so i cud get a job, then no DT and i was smoking again, if i had to stop i could.

8. guys i am seriously addicted. it started going down hill from the first puff. ive sold my house, my car, ive lost my wife and my kids, my parents wont talk to me, my brother hates me, im in a devasting downward spiral but i cant stop. someone please help me!!

edit: shit this isnt methcity.

9. I concour :bongin:

10. There is no rational reason for a person to dislike that fact that I or anyone else smokes weed, it is in all ways a near harmless recreational drug, if by taking the drug I am annoying to be around (which isn't the case) then that is understandable, but just disliking a person because they get stoned is bias.

Reasonably intelligent people have no rational reason to dislike the fact that someone smokes MJ, so while they may be reasonably intelligent, they aren't consistantly applying that to their feelings about drugs.

As such they deserve no respect concerning the drug issue.

11. i think weed is just like your favorite soda or drink. you have that drink everyday or every other day right? (mountain dew, coke, etc). so the only difference is, is that i smoke everyday! the way i see being addicted is if you can't control your use and everything else is second priority to weed. for me, i'd say its just a very enjoyable habit, i do it everyday and i like doing it, but if i had to stop, or wanted to stop, then i could right on the spot. hell, i stop for a few days every 2 weeks or so anyway.

as for anti-drug people, i dont really care, i mean thats the way they choose to think, so just get used to it. there will always be people out there that dont like something you do, so the solution is: screw them and do it anyway!

12. yea I am somewhat addicted to weed, but thats allright - I love it!

13. Hmm, i have pondered this question many a time while high. Here's what i have come up with.

FOR ME... i would say that i am kinda mentally SOMETHING towards weed. lol. If i dont have a sack of weed (if i didnt buy it) then i dont care if i smoke or not, if i dont have weed, then i usually dont smoke till like 5:30 or later in the afternoon. I can do whatever im doing, and not have an URGE to get high or smoke.

But when its MY weed (i bought it, and i carry it around with me) i probably think about weed like 75% of the day. I think its because when its other peoples shit, i dont really give a fuck, they can smoke with me if they want, if not, well shit, i wasnt plannin on smokin any weed anyway, so no biggy. But, if its MY weed, and i dont have anything else to do for a couple hours ((every morning when i get up lol)) then i think about it and it kinda pisses me off until i DO smoke. And fuck, even when i DO have something to do ((thats not REAL important)) why not get high and do that too? lol.

Makes me think of "i payed for this to get high, might at well do it as much as possible"

...i guess its the "as much as possible" that gets me? i dunno lol comments?

14. It seems like im the first one to say this, but I know I am addicted to weed. Last 3 years I have been smoking around 3-6 times a day.

About every 2 months or so when I do run out of some weed, I get a very large attitude, I have to literally think everytime before I speak, how is this going to sound, do I sound like a mean asshole? (this happens on my 2nd day of not smoking, first day is stress-free)

It is weird though, once I pick up the bag, before I even smoke it, I feel back to normal and right as rain.

My job however as a webmaster, and spending my days writing articles and reviews about stuff I have no interest in (such as handbags, designer apparel, contact lenses, etc, etc) you need to be stoned for this job. The job is VERY repetitive, and I personally need marijuana to put in a full days of work without getting lazy and stop working -- it actually almost keeps me motivated, keeps my mind focused on my work atleast.

After re-reading my post, it is kind of funny, I originally used marijuana as a way to escape and relax after a day in school, now im using it to help keep me working throughout the day, strange.

Well just another story im gonna wrap it up here -- peace everyone :wave::smoking:

15. I smoke all the time but I can go without if need be, as much as I hate it.

16. There are times when I can not smoke weed, for certain reasons. On these days, it's really not too bad. Unless I start thinking about it, I can go crazy with the passion in me to get high. But, sometimes I forget all about it and realize later that I took a couple days break! But I guess I am addicted, because I have tried to stop smoking several times because of reasons with parents and all the bs, but I can't. But I know that if I took it VERY seriusly, I could quite. But I dont want to, so I won't right now.

17. I consider it more a relationship than an addiction, A break-up would be sad like any other but it could be done. why wud i want to tho?:smoke:

18. +rep for the drink comparison. I drink Coke (the pop) like crazy, but I cut back sometimes and sometimes I stop entirely. I really like coke, but I don't crave it...well sometimes but really I'm just cravign the caffeine. THAT I will admit to being addicted to. Last time I quit caffeine entirely I felt mild withdrawal symptoms. Was crazy.

19. I say when it itches, stratch it. So if you have the opportunity and free-time to properly indulge, then go for it. However your life is more important than smoking cannabis, and many younger kids don't realize this having had little life experience.

I think smoking cannabis is a emotional defense mechanism. If your feeling like shit because of relationship problems or family issues, when you smoke that bowl you instantly feel better. Its as simple as that. Moreover, when you smoke daily/regularly, you are "stonewalling" yourself against some kind of stress/pain, etc. that everyone of us goes through on a daily basis. Its called self-medication.

Cannabis has no risk of physical dependancy, withrdrawal or OD. Perscription anti-depressents, like prozac and zoloft are actually very powerful substances that have been linked to numerous suicides and psycotic behavior. Cannabis is a suprisingly safe alternative to a lot of dangerous, expensive drugs. And I'm not even talking about the paining-killing potential!

If you think of Cannabis as a pretty powerful medicine (which it is), rather than a fun drug, your never going to get addicted.