do you consider yourself a hippie?

Discussion in 'General' started by lil_blue, Dec 5, 2010.

1. How many blades consider themselves a hippie? I know im a hippie for sure lol. Its more then just a hippie these days. We are activists, we are soldiers of an underground war and many many more things.

2. I would definitely consider myself a hippie. I don't wear shoes often, I'm liberal, and do drugs.

3. guess that's your ego

4. what is this underground war you are apart of soldier?

5. almost man...almost.

6. No, I'm actually pretty conservative.

7. Why the labeling?

I'm liberal and do drugs too, I'm just me. The whole hippie movement has been dead since 1970 anyway, it's the same as calling yourself a libertine.

8. you must have never been to a phish concert :p

i don't label myself as anything, but i wear tie dye almost every day, hemp necklaces, my car has jam band stickers all over it, during summer shoes aren't on my feet so yeah, most people call me a hippie

9. That's what I'm sayin'

10. I suppose. I don't really consider the people who model themselves after the 60s generation "hippies". But we always look at the past hippies as if they actually stood for something, while most of them just wanted to get fucked up and have a good time :p If that's the criteria for being a hippie, then count me in.

11. I don't know about calling myself a hippie perse, but I plan on going to school for at least a decade to have the knowledge to create a molecule hippies made famous. So that I can give it out for free at fests and concerts. Thats pretty hippie-ish, but I don't wanna label myself, I'm a skater at heart

12. whats a hippie

13. Yes yes

14. I have too much of an interest in what's going on in the US to be considered a hippie.

15. Not at all. Real hippies like the OP are few and far between it seems. The ones who actually participate and things. I hate to stereotype but it seems most anyone I have met who was a self proclaimed hippie just made the word synonymous with mooch. They never had jobs because they didn't want to work for the man or whatever, but had no problem bumming off of people who did.

OP seems cool if he's really helping out though.

16. Didn't the hippies support a movement of social and cultural reform? Or something like that? Serious question as I wasn't alive during that time period

17. no. i am an antihippie.

18. I would consider myself a modern day hippy, the hippies of the 60's are history imo. New age hippies still hold their values, i.e. not giving in to big corporations and not taking government bullshit lying down, but are also conscious of the modern technology we have and use it to their advantage.