Do you consider marijuana a DRUG?

Discussion in 'General' started by crucialdanks303, Feb 8, 2009.

1. Ya i just hate how the government defines Drugs.

They weight the goods and bads correct?

So marijuana got rejected, where as cigarettes and alcohol passed with flying colors?

i just dont see how the benefits outweighed the dangers for nicotine and alcohol.

The context most people see it as is if you use drugs your most likely addicted or a druggie.

2. Weed being illegal is a result of industry lobbying and racism toward the Mexican immigrants that brought it and made it popular. Did you know that the original Model-T car was fitted with plastics made from hemp oil?

It's not about the dangers man, it's about politics.

Marijuana is a drug regardless of whether or not it has negative connotations. And society is full of morons, just ignore them.

3. True Model-T had hemp huh didnt know that, Thanks for the tidbit.
    I think the real reason marijuana is illegal is because of the tax that COULDNT impose if it was legal. Think about it if marijuana was completely legal how many people who go to a dispensary or anywhere else if you can grow it with a little common sense and a little space. hence why all tobacco products have tax stamps.

4. #84 Smokentoke420, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
    Damnit dude, quit being hard headed, homie just told you the reason marijuana, which is a drug, is illegal.

5. #85 barfdog17, Feb 9, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
    right...so since the FDA hasn't approved of heroin it isn't a drug, i think ill go mainline some right now... :rolleyes:

once again OSG moves in for the kill...:wave:

6. Dude im not being hardheaded, I took his opinion and i gave him mine, Hardheaded is saying YOUR WRONG IM RIGHT i never said that man.

7. Nah dude you said you think the real reason is..... and then said what you thought. Im telling you, he told you the real reason. Thats not my opinion, its the real reason. Maybe hard headed was a little harsh, but its 1:30, gotta be up in 5 hours for work and im not even tired at all,. so im pissed because its going to be a long ass day at work haha my bad dogg

8. its all good man, ya i didnt mean to disrespect keins opinion.

9. This isn't a question for opinion.

How can you determine whether something belongs in a particular group? Check the defenition of that group.

The defenition doesn't say anything about being chemically altered or naturally grown. It fits the definition, therefore it is a drug.

10. No, I don't really consider anything thats natural and consumed umm.... im stoned

what I really want to say is nor do I consider shrooms to be drugs either.

11. what he said :)

12. any substance that alters normals body function is a drug by definition
    marijuana alters normal body function
    so yeah it's a drug

it's not a hard drug
    it's not a narcotic
    it's not a physically addicting drug
    it's not a dangerous or toxic drug, a lethal dose is impossible to take

alcohol, tobacco, aspirin and caffeine are also drugs

lots of things you would not think of are drugs

warfarin is a poison but it is used in minute doses for treatment of some illnesses

datura is a very powerful dangerous plant that is highly toxic but the chemicals in it are used to treat asthma in tiny doses it can also produce hallucinations and generally make you batshit crazy if it doesn't kill you

but yeah by definition MJ it is a drug

but coca-cola is also by definition a drug

mj isn't like heroin or coke
    it's considered a soft drug

13. I could say I don't think clouds are real, too, but they still are. Some things are not matters of opinion; they are grounded in fact. This is one of them.

14. aspirin is a drug.. tylenol is a drug.. marijuana is a drug..

15. I'm pretty sure the people who are in denial about that fact have some kind of deep seated guilt over using something called a drugs.

Not all drugs are bad.

16. Exactly.

I agree that this is not a matter of opinion. It's kind of like arguing corn is not food, because it's yellow, and yellow stuff can't be food. You can't just make up your own definitions for things to suit you.

17. marijuana gets you high and is a damn good drug. Pass it on.

18. i think marijuana is just a plant,

but its full of drugs...

19. Exactly man, a lot of drugs help people live there lives as normal as possible, who would otherwise be in such excruciating pain, or completely unable to function without them. Other drugs are marketed to take advantage of the worlds people, in the name of corporate greed. But not all drugs are bad.

If you wanna get technical, I guess you're right :p

I was thinking the same thing, I don't just ask, " Do you consider butterflys insects?" I mean, they are so pretty and most other insects are dirty and ugly, and scary looking! Butterflys are almost all harmless (not all of them if you want to get into this, but Im trying to make a point here), how could you call it an insect! The Monarch Butterfly isn't an FDA approved drug. Wait, haha thatdon't make sense, but neither does asking people if they consider weed a drug or not. It is a drug, I love this drug, it helps me function in my everyday live, and millions of others agree, but it is a drug.

20. pot you grow is a plant. pot you smoke is a drug