Do you consider latte art as art?

Discussion in 'The Artist's Corner' started by Sass23, May 11, 2016.

1. I'm going to be a barista this summer and while being high and chilling in the cafe where I'm going to work and made myself a coca with a heart. Later I came across a discussion whether it was art or not. So what do you think?
    [​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G900F using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  2. I mean considering some of the paintings they call art it certainly wouldn't blow my mind to see latte art at some exhibition.

• Like Like x 1
  3. While I'll admit that, in some cases, it certainly takes a degree of technique and even creativity, I don't believe it would qualify as art. At the most it would be seen as merely a cheap novelty. However, as the person above me pointed out, it wouldn't be at all surprising to walk into a modern art museum and see an artist exhibiting his latte creations. Art has taken a steep decline since the early-mid 20th century and sadly I don't see that changing anytime soon.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  5. I'd certainly call it art. Badass!

• Like Like x 1
  6. 47251DCB-7A0C-4CB6-A19D-08D792AD4E1E.jpeg Seattle Washington coffee shop

7. "What is art?" I ask myself.

"Expression!" I answered.

Then I thought, the definition would have to include words like 'method' and 'style'.

Could it be, 'when you create an expression that is appreciated by someone'?
    Must your expression be appreciated by anyone but you to be called art?

So you got a talent. A knack. Something you can do well. Is your heart in it? Challenge, outlet, therapy, whatever reason, it makes you feel good. Gets a smile of appreciation in that 'moment' of contact. Makes you want to do it again.

Fuck ya that's art! Don't let people who interpret your gift differently than you do tell you it's not art. We all have our filters.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Art is subjective, all art. A person creates and the populace define, go into a Subway, and the person making your sub is titled a sandwich artist. You make an inspirational item, that you are compensated for, I.E. professional artist.
    Way to go.

9. Its a form of art yes, i prefer a brush and canvas

• Agree Agree x 1