Do you celebrate christmas or christmas eve?

Discussion in 'General' started by samurala, Dec 23, 2008.

1. Since I have lived in the United states I've come to realize that people here normally celebrate the Christmas eve, rather than the Christmas day.

Say, people have a big ol' party on Christmas eve, play it out till christmas, at 12 then everyones like "Merry Christmas!" then they go home, sleep, and wake up with their kids to open their own presents, and the rest of the day is spent enjoying the gifts, but not celebrating.

Where I'm from its normally done on the actual christmas day, beginning with the gift opening then celebrations.

How do you blades do it?

BTW MERRY PRE CHRISTMAS !

(to those who celebrate it anyways)

2. Pretty much like you said

3. I celebrate christmas eve with presents and partying with my dads side of the family.

Then on christmas I celebrate with my moms side of the family.

4. Could never celebrate on Christmas Eve, that takes away the magic.
    It's all about the feeling when you wake up on December 25th and say "Holy shit it's Christmas!"
    As a kid I would always wake up at like 4-6 A.M. on Christmas.
    Now it's like 7 A.M since that's when I always wake up.

5. I always have a bit family party on christmas eve, christmas is still cool the next day, but Id say overall I enjoy the night before more.

666th post, SATAN!!

6. I celebrate Christmas Eve with my mother. I only see her a few times a year, so it means more to me.

I celebrate Christmas with my father, and his family.

7. We don't really like Christmas anymore now that I've grown up, so we pretty much do a one gift thing for eachother. She always buys me way more though, even though she shouldn't, and I tell her so.

8. Word. That's what it's all about..... You know, Jesus aside and stuff..:eek:

9. usually christmas day.
    a couple years we've opened our presents on christmas eve.. but my mom thinks that ruins christmas, so i think we'll be opening them on christmas day. i prefer christmas eve, though... just because i hate mornings.

10. Well my family has a party on Christmas Eve and at the end of the night everyone gets to open one present.

Then on Christmas we have an even bigger party and do the gift opening thing and dinner and then we get drunk.

I love my family :D

11. This sounds much better than what I've been doing :hello:

12. If anyone still thinks christmas is in any way related to jesus they are retarded.

13. I alwayz do it on Christmas with my family, just wakin' up in the mornin' and seein' what is in my stockin' is my favorite part

14. On Christmas, of course.

15. I learned today that Jesus was most likely born in the spring. In the bible it talks about a shepard gaurding his flock at night during Jesus' birth, and according to history, shepards only gaurded their flock at night during the breeding season, which is spring, the rest of the year the flock would be left alone at night.

so so much for happy birthday jesus, its like 8 months too late. stupid church, christmas was actually a pagan holiday that the church stole and called their own.