Do you care if your girl drinks ???

Discussion in 'Sex, Love & Relationships' started by HighFoSho, Nov 23, 2013.

1. #1 HighFoSho, Nov 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2013
    Few things here...

First off, I have been quite surprised by how many of the posters here don't drink, and that is so ef'ing refreshing for me to hear :) I fucking hate alcohol....

But I digress. Now obviously if you drink alcohol, your not going to care if your girl does, so this post is not likely to concern you.
    However, you guys that don't drink, would you go out with a girl who drank ? Like say, daily, even if she didn't get completely drunk, every time ?

I'm thinking no :-( Kinda' sucks too. This girl is 16 years younger than me (I'm 48) cute, thin, spunky..... but I've talked with her twice, and both times she sounded buzzed :( That just erases any hint of cuteness to me. Drunk people just sound like fucking retards.

Interested in the thoughts of all of you non-drinkers ?

edit; About the girl I mentioned, when I met her, she had a glass of wine in her hand, and didn't sound as buzzed as she has both times I talked to her.... but besides all that, her life is, in a word, chaos. "Ain't nobody got time for that" :) LOL

2. #2 cothrantyson, Nov 23, 2013
    As a former poster who was against alcohol, let me just say that alcohol is like weed. At first, you might hate people who smoke, but then once you start doing it for a while, you will come to love it. Same thing with alcohol. As long as your girl is not getting blackout/throw-up drunk, there is NOTHING wrong. In fact, a lot of girls are more open to get it on when they are a little drunk :yay:

3. #3 Space Cat, Nov 23, 2013
    I don't have a girl but if I do get one I don't want her to drink at all. I don't ever drink and I don't want anyone I'm with to ever drink.

And honestly It's a huge deal breaker for me.

4. #4 Ronny216, Nov 23, 2013
    I'm a smoker not a drinker. I'm not a fan of alcohol and if I do consume it I like it in a fruity drink and even then I'm not horribly keen on it. I've dated many people who drink. It doesn't bug me unless they get like sloshed drunk all the time. When we go out for the night I shouldn't have to dial you a cab home, feel like I'm baby sitting, or help you into my car so I can drive you home. If you know your limits, and don't feel the need to get as drunk as you can, then I don't have a problem with you. If you're an angry, or violent drunk, then we have a problem too. Or if you try to use alcohol as an excuse to sleep with other people, try to get me to drink.

Respect that I don't drink, and I will respect that you do. 

Basically if they're chill with drinking, know their limits, and what not, they're fine. 

I also know some people sound wayyy drunker than they actually are. Some people have one drink and sound like they downed a six pack. 

You've probably been seen negatively for smoking before, or heard people judge smokers. Just take the word smoke for drink, and high to drunk. That's how I see it sometimes. 

5. ahh I'm in a somewhat similar situation (well I was, a few weeks ago, now me and this chick are friends)

but yea, she would always be drinking, party chick, pretty fine so I know I aint the only one trying to get at that!

it kind of bugged me because it's like. ahhh she's drinkin' with people and I'm not there!

BUT, I told her,

you had your own life long before we met, and it wouldn't be right for me to say dont do this, or that, or whatever

anways..yea im pretty toasty and think I'll end the post on that note

6. you sound like a huge buzzkill

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. I tend to only date girls who drink, me personally I like my woman to drink. They're more fun in bed and its always a good time. 
    But if she's out drinking all the time without me or gets black out drunk then thats a deal breaker.

8. I like girls who drink heavily. They buy me free drinks after a certain point and I can get them any scummy food and they assume I bought them something out of a five star restautant. It wasn't a fillet mignon miss, it was a fkn cheese gordita for two bucks. I also enjoy the fact that I can not text them and say I didn't want to bother you while you were drinking your 9th glass of syrah.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. Ronny, if my life hadn't been so negatively affected by alcohol, I might be able to be a bit more reasonable about it. I mean, I'm still thinking that if my girl has a drink or two, a few X's a year, at a social gathering or something, I could probably handle it.... I'd probably just hang on the other side of the house, smoking out ;) LOL

Space kill :) LOL I've said it just like that, many X's myself :)

And for any of you guys who do drink, "I'm sorry, but your opinions don't count in this thread" :)

As a former alcohol drinker (no, I wasn't an alcoholic. that was my father) let me just say BULLSHIT ! Alcohol is NOTHING like weed ! Alcohol ruins families and has taken millions of lives, sometimes even the lives of non-drinkers (DUI).

But I will stop right there. Again, your opinion doesn't count in this thread.

Probably am but I don't care. I'm completely against drinking.

12. My opinion doesn't count? Yes it does!

1385223547076.jpg

Mobile reppin

13. If you smoke weed, i don't see anyway you could want your girlfriend to be a person who doesn't drink.

14. Well I had asked for the opinions of non-drinkers, so "if" you are a drinker, no, your opinion does not count "in this thread". But I wouldn't sweat it much if I were you. Much of the rest of the population does that BS drug (alcohol) so you will find plenty of support elsewhere.

15. Nug, that would be like saying, if you smoke weed, I don't see why your girl shouldn't be able to do meth... crack... etc.

The difference is quite simple, weed is very safe and not likely to cause any problems down the road. While alcohol fucks up peoples lives (or ends them) every fucking day !

16. #17 Nugagerube, Nov 23, 2013
    weed and alcohol is not like meth or crack. sorry

moderation is key with anything.

17. you have a very biased point of view, especially with your dad being an alcoholic. Don't just generalize by saying that alcohol ruins all families and lives. all i am saying is that alcohol is fine in moderation. sure, if you come home throwing up everywhere and passing out every week you have a problem, but if you just have a couple beers with your friends every now and then, there is NOTHING wrong with that.

Weed is not like meth, or crack. You are absolutely correct.

Alcohol kills people. In that respect, alcohol is "exactly" like meth and crack.

19. Coth, I know my opinions on alcohol are biased. Sorry.
    But I have never said that alcohol ruins all families and lives. Hell, for that matter, heroin doesn't ruin "all families and lives", but I still would not recommend that people start doing heroin.