Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

do you blow smoke when you vape?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by motoxer, Feb 25, 2012.

1. hey i have been vapeing for about 2 weeks now and love it, its a vapor brothers, i have the heat knob at about 10 a'clock (about 45% power) when i blow out the hit there is always some smoke not much but you can definitly see it, but when i pull the whip off the bud dosent look burnt at all? it just looks like its being properly vaperized. i can turn the heat down to nine a'clock and take slower pulls but then it doesent feel like im getting anything. plus, when i take the first couple pulls out of new weed it tastes weird, like im inhaleing a fucking mint or something. i want to know what everyone on here does since i am the only person i know that has a decent vaproizer, i am by no means dissn the thing, just wonder if any others puff a little smoke when they hit their vape?

2. #2 Heosphoros, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012
    [quote name='"motoxer"']hey i have been vapeing for about 2 weeks now and love it, its a vapor brothers, i have the heat knob at about 10 a'clock (about 45% power) when i blow out the hit there is always some smoke not much but you can definitly see it, but when i pull the whip off the bud dosent look burnt at all? it just looks like its being properly vaperized. i can turn the heat down to nine a'clock and take slower pulls but then it doesent feel like im getting anything. plus, when i take the first couple pulls out of new weed it tastes weird, like im inhaleing a fucking mint or something. i want to know what everyone on here does since i am the only person i know that has a decent vaproizer, i am by no means dissn the thing, just wonder if any others puff a little smoke when they hit their vape?[/quote]

That's not smoke sir, that's vapor! That's the point of your vaporizer =p. Trust me, if you combusted it (creating smoke) you would notice! Your hose, wand, would be stained black, and it wouldn't taste nearly as good.

What you're getting is vapor clouds. Just thick vapor, hold that stuff in!

But you are supposed to see vapor for sure. It'll differ how much from strain to strain, but if it tastes good, and the weed isn't burnt, then you're good! There's no need to turn it down.

EDIT

Also that minty taste sounds just its just the taste of new weed. Certainly not smoke, that's how vapor tastes, like the actual weed. With smoking you taste more of the burning, sometimes butane, and other bleh stuff. With vapor you're getting the terpenes that determine how it smells as well. Enjoy it.

3. Really? When I blow out it looks just like smoke? You can see it slow down and hang in the air for like 10 seconds. But it tastes very good. It's funny because I took a hit out of my spoon yesterday the first time in a week and it tasted like complete ass, It was even a clean spoon. the living room still smells like weed when I'm done, thought I wouldn't have that problem with a vape but ow well no biggi,

Ya I realize the mint taste it just the taste of the fresh herb, but it so fresh that I don't like it, like it's to fresh.

4. I got the no2 vaporizer and you get the fattest vape clouds off it but it quickly goes away and still doesn't smell so I don't mind, actually looks kinda cool and also helps cause then you know your actually getting something

5. I had a cheap box vape, usually have some little clouds. Smoke vs vap, looks more or less the same, I would say that I think vapor usually isn't nearly as thick.

6. [quote name='"motoxer"']Really? When I blow out it looks just like smoke? You can see it slow down and hang in the air for like 10 seconds. But it tastes very good. It's funny because I took a hit out of my spoon yesterday the first time in a week and it tasted like complete ass, It was even a clean spoon. the living room still smells like weed when I'm done, thought I wouldn't have that problem with a vape but ow well no biggi,

Ya I realize the mint taste it just the taste of the fresh herb, but it so fresh that I don't like it, like it's to fresh.[/quote]

I promise its vapor. And yeah that's the taste of vapor. It is certainly different from the taste of smoke, but you'll end up noticing more flavors, and start noticing the differences between strains, etc. I like it a lot better but to each their own.

7. Where in South Dakota you at?

8. I definitely agree that you get a better / more unique taste from vaping different strains. It is a pretty smooth experience, I just don't ever feel like I can quite get the same rips I do off a bong or a blunt

9. [quote name='"smokechimp"']

I definitely agree that you get a better / more unique taste from vaping different strains. It is a pretty smooth experience, I just don't ever feel like I can quite get the same rips I do off a bong or a blunt[/quote]

Yeah, some people feel that way about vapor. Personally, I'll hook my SSV up to my bong, and get thick thick vapor rips. Regular bong rips don't come close to that. Smoking hardly gets me high in comparison to my SSV anymore =\.

10. How are you hooking it up to your bong? I know that quality vapes are pretty good, my cheap box vape doesn't quite compare, but a couple of the really nice water pieces I have you can take giant rips and not think twice.

11. [quote name='"smokechimp"']

How are you hooking it up to your bong? I know that quality vapes are pretty good, my cheap box vape doesn't quite compare, but a couple of the really nice water pieces I have you can take giant rips and not think twice.[/quote]

The SSV is a whip type vape whose tubing fits well into 14mm joints, and for my 18mm pieces I have a 18>14 converter I connect to the tubing. They also sell specific connectors, but it's easy either way.

I'm no stranger to nice glass though. I have a gridded stemline by Apix Designs, a nice tube by Scientific Inhalations with an Alex K downstem, and a Gravlabs 16-slit circ bubbler. I loved them when I combusted, don't get me wrong, but now I run vapor through them or nothing. Not only do they stay cleaner with vapor through them, but a big vapor hit is much more of a rush to me than a big smoke hit. But that's me, everyone is different. But if you can get a vaporizer that produces thick vapor, a bong will only make that more compact, and make it easier to take a big hit. A big hit of practically completely THC can be quite a rush.

12. That's not smoke its milky vapor! You know you're gonna get ripped when you blow out thick vape. Although sometimes me and my mates turn the temp up a little too high and cherry the bud by accident, that's when you get smoke! :O

13. Ya definitely not smoke dude. I just got a V Tower and it's awesome. Certain strains vape better than others too.

14. i use the omicron vaporizing pen and those clouds are of vapor, for me they disappear real fast and are odorless. I don't even feel the vapor when inhaling its that smooth and light on you.

15. i have the same vape. i start at 12 and turn it down to 10. i have pretty dark avb tho. and i blow out a decent amount of vapor.

vapor bros are the shit, ive had mine for 3 years and its still like new. OP if you ever come across one, get the EZ change whip kit, it makes it even easier to collect honey and clean the whip. and theres no metal screen.

happy vaping

16. If I use my desktop vape and go to 380 degrees farenheight i would see smoke. If I use my MFLB then it takes me to hit it about 4 times and you will see smoke aswell.

17. When you see white cloudiness in your exhale from a vaporizer it means your lungs have absorbed the maximum amount of THC. The white cloudiness is the THC that you didn't absorb, which means it has been wasted. I would suggest inhaling smaller volumes of vapor, but still breath in deeply. This way the bud won't go to waste. Cheers.

18. I have a Silver Surfer Vape, was pricy but I love the thing and definitely feel it was worth it. The slower you draw with it the longer the air is able to stay in the heating chamber and by that you can kind of dictate how much you're actually vaporizing the cannabis.

Blowing clouds with it is pretty great too, sometimes in the mornings I can blow clouds and see it suspended there for long periods of time in mid air, its pretty relaxing to watch it drift off into nothingness as the high sets in.

19. This sounds like the same concept as zeroing out a regular bong hit vs having smoke show up as you exhale.

20. [quote name='"BritBrit"']Where in South Dakota you at?[/quote]

Haha I live in South Dakota!