Do you belive in god

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by modern-hippy, Jul 28, 2004.

?

Do You belive in god?

1. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. no

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. mabey, or other (please specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. So do you belive in god, and that he created the universe and all that is, or do you belive in eveloution? Or something else all together... please share your comets if your answer isnt yes or no and you cant put it in the poll.

2. I can't really explain my beliefs exactly. I have a feeling something bigger is there but it's hard for me to believe all the things I was taught in Sunday school.

3. I.E. you believe in the possibility of a god, but you are not sure as to which one. That would be Agnostic. Personally I am Agnostic, but I am researching many religions because I feel I am missing something by not having a religion in my life, I have been reading from the teachings of Jewdism, Hinduism, and Buddhism. I want to also read up on these while under the amazing power of psilocybin or lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD). Studying both on and off of the drugs I believe will help me further my religious experience and possibly lead to a religious epiphany. If things don't work out I will know I have at least seeked religion and found out they didn't work out for me.

4. I have a hard time believing that a single consciousness came from nothingness.

Christians will easily right this off by saying

"god always was and will be"

but why take that extra step, why not just say

"the universe always was and will be"

One reason I hate religion is that it promotes ignorance..that is where most religions come from ..look at native american gods.. or egyptian gods.

where does wind come from --Wind god

where does the sun come from --Ra

Also, i don't believe I could worship the God described in the bible. It says god is Spitefull and God is Jealous. I would never worship anything that acted like a spoiled fifth grader.
    My god would have nothing to be jealous of; no spite reserved for his people.

Finally, I don't quite understand the idea behind God being omnipotent and omnipresent, and my having free will. I mean after all if god knew I was going to go to hell when I was born, the idea that I am free to choose my own destiny is kind of flawed. If god knew that certain people were going to go to hell, and in fact CREATED THEM THAT WAY it would seem he would have a special spite reserved for them.

5. you said my brother! check out this link http://www.update.uu.se/~fbendz/nogod/no_god.htm

6. There are alot of threads like this, but to answer your question: yes I believe in God.
    Peace.

7. yeah i do believe in God. im catholic, dont really go to church too much but im going to start again

8. I am an Independent, Fundamental, Christian.

9. Exactly what i im

10. What denomination? I'm a Baptist :)

11. I dont know what I believe in.

12. well no, I dont believe in good, nor am i religious. But, I do enjoy learning about different religions and their philosophies.

13. ^im basically in the same boat. i believe in evolution (creation just seems much too far feched for me, but then again, faith is having belief in the impossible and the unknown) and i don't believe that God has reasoning for everything. at this moment, I do not believe in a God at all, but it would be sure as hell comforting to have that faith. I guess through time this can change, and thats exactly why im trying to read up on all the different types of philosophies that i can, so that maybe i can find something that will change my mind. and if it doesn't, i have no doubt that it will just make my convictions that much stronger.

one "faith based" following that's gaining force in our day and age is the faith in astronomy (or is it astrology? i dunno). that i feel is pure bs. the crab nebula doesn't get to decide what color shirt I wear today.

14. Do i believe there is a god? I believe in a higher power, I feel closer to high while in some type of trip, set off by music actually. But if there is a god he blessed me with a hell of alot of weed this summer lol.

15. i do and don't believe in a god (higher power).. since it must be something, it has to be something that we can't understand.. i associate god with the number "0" because it is literally nothing.. we can't understand "nothing" and in a way nothing is everything.. nothing is like infinity, we can't understand, explain or even perceive this god.. in our numeral system, this is 0.. god is literally nothing because it is not of this world and nothing can't come of nothing.. we will never see or understand it as long as we're from this world..

so to me, god is infinite, and nothing..
    god = 8 (sideways, infinity)
    god = 0

16. i used to belive in god..i kinda still do...but after readin alot of weird science books...like timetravel...and space ...and all that.... and after watching donnie darko.. i thought about it...and now im not to sure... science can kinda explain everything but as for a religion...that is deff a no.....its all one big story ..thats what i think at least

17. Visit some of the links in my Sig... you might find some stuff there that interets you a little :)

18. I don't believe in any god, or any supernatural being. I think we are just the result of a bunch of shit floating around banging into each other and BAM some micro organism starts and millions and millions of years later here we are.

I have seen no proof that a God exist therefore I don't believe one does.

19. you can't get something from nothing.. if you believe in the big bang theory, then what started the big bang, and what came before the big bang? there's no proof on that either..

there's no proof that a god doesn't exist either..

if it's proof you need, you'll never find it.. neither side can prove anything.. it's all in what you think is most logical..

20. im an evolution kinda guy