do you belive in 2012?

Discussion in 'General' started by addict, Sep 17, 2009.

1. so i have been thinking about this lately. im not sure what i think on the hole issue but i do know that on 2012 something will happen that is going to effect the way every human lives their life. or it really is the end of the world.

whats your thoughts? theories?

2. i believe that in 2012
    the planets will align with the center of the galaxy

thats what they were predicting

if i were to go out on a limb, and try to believe what the crazy's believe
    i would say that its not the destruction of the world
    but the destruction of old ideas/beliefs
    a new cycle on the calendar
    the beginning of a new era

dont you notice that ppl are always predicting the "destruction of the world"
    what do you think Y2K was about
    ppl are just paranoid

3. The world isn't going to end. There have been so many times in history when people predicted that the world was going to end, and we are still here. The world is going to end whenever our sun dies, but who knows when that will be. Probably 5 million years or something like that.

4. Nope I don't believe in 2012. It's a fake year. 2012 will never happen it's all a hoax. 2012 is not a real year, a fake. :smoking::smoking::smoking::smoking::D:smoking::wave::devious:

5. If anything happens it's only going to be a selffulfilled prophecy when everyone that believes in 2012 riots.

6. yea i kinda always thought people who thought the end of the world would happen at the turn of the century were crazy cuz the year 2000 is in arbitrary number that does not mean anything to the universe.

7. I hope the world ends exactly like it did in 'Knowing'.

8. I've thought about 2012 being the end of the world and my simple answer is i don't know. I mean I've watched so many videos and shows and read so much about this single subject but everytime i just end up changing my view. I mean there are just so many different people that chose 2012 to be the end of the world that it's hard to believe that they could all be wrong. The Mayans were much more educated about astrology than we are and had a calender that's much more accurate than ours today even with all of our technology. They predicted solar eclipses hundreds of years before they even happened. Nostradamus with all of his prophecies that have been proven to be true also predicted 2012 to be the end of the world. Its just crazy that there have been like at least 5 different people that have all come to this single year and some to even come to the same exact date. I obviously don't want this to come true but it just seems like sometime during 2012, the world will come to an end. I'm just going to continue to smoke my herb and live my life day by day.

9. i think that everyone is just gonna get fucked up just incase the world does end, then when it doesnt end all the fucked up people will be confused and somehow destroy the world.

10. Yes, 2012 is real.

Ancient civilizations around the world (not only the Mayans) who had no communication between each other ALL predicted in 2012 year that the world would end.....Nostradamus' writings predicted it as well. Even the Bible has codes about the end in 2012. So SOMETHING will happen. Most likely a magnetic pole shift & galactic alignment, a comet coming into contact etc. The world already seems due for a nuclear way also, I wouldn't be surprised if we kill ourselves.

I'm happy the worlds ending. Theres no way that we'll be alright living on a planet that we're exponentially destroying. Me & my girlfriend are going on a 2 week drug binge, & when destruction comes we'll go out with love.

11. Nostradamus? :rolleyes:
    He made the most vague predictions ever. Obvisously some stuff can come true when you write stuff that is so vague.

12. wrong
    the date dec. 21 2012 does mean something to the universe
    in the 4th dimension it represents that specific location in time

ive i were to travel sideways on the same point in time(rather than through time, the way we do) than i could look at different outcomes that could have been possible, had other decisions and possibilities happened
    and yes the mayans and nostradomas were very smart
    but their language is lost in translation; it is also interpreted in several different ways
    the only ways that get on tv are the interesting interpretations, such as the destruction of the world

have you even seen what the mayans or nostradomas actually said that made ppl think that it was gonna be the destruction of the world?
    its very vague and could be interpreted in thousands of different outcomes

dont get all your info from TV; they twist and turn shit so much that it shouldnt ever be taken too seriously(interpreted, yes)

13. I think saying the entire world is going to end is taking it way to far, its gonna take a lot to wipe out humanity, and even more to wipe out a whole planet. I think most people agree that 2012 is not just some random date though, like it has been said before many different ancient civilizations/prophets mention 2012 specifically. I personally think that 2012 is simply just going to be a drastic change in the way we view our world, it could be absolutely anything from something small and insignificant to widespread panic, we have no way of knowing. If I had to guess I would say possibly some sort of ice age, they say that if our ice ages happen in cycles the world is overdue for another. Honestly though trying to predict whats going to happen is just as futile as trying to stop it.

14. Well.. I better get my shit together if I've only got 3 years :p

I don't believe or not don't believe in something or something not happening in 2012 akin to a prophecy, what I do believe is it shouldn't alter the way I continue to live. (Make sense?)

15. You are part of the problem. When you say stuff like this, some people just take your word for it like you did with someone else.

The Mayans didn't know shit compared to us, they were a head of their time, but not anymore. We know when all of the solar/lunar eclipses happen, it's just math. People create programs that can show you what position the stars will be in 1 million years from now. Plus the calendar just happens to end on 2012 like ours ends in December.

The Lost Book Of Nostradamus hasn't even been proven to be Nostradamus's and is just full of pictures that people interpret.

[​IMG]

This is what was interpreted as the sun's alignment with the galactic center in 2012.

16. It's easy to argue this stuff online. Got any proof? What Bible codes? What other civilizations other than the Mayans do you know predicted this?
    I love the City, but its way too easy to be a genius anonymously.

Other the other hand, I dont know whether I believe it in or not. I just plain dont think about it, there's really no point. I will live my life, and if something crazy happens in 2012, there isn't anything I can do about it.

17. we cant predict the fuckin weather for a couple days in advance, let alone a week away.

but some mayian super sayan mind fucking fucks can predict the end of earth thousands of years later dead on.

i would break my ribs, so i can bend over and eat my dick while its still attached to my body.

NO SUCH THING. if you think otherwise then keep dreaming fool

18. The Bible has no hidden code pointing to the destruction of the world in 2012. You can only arrive at that number through twisting scripture...and look what has happened in the last 2000 years because people like to twist scripture :rolleyes:

19. exactly. people will find every which way they can to find secret codes and shit, and eventually it gets a little out of hand. the more people that "twist scripture", the more of a conspiracy this will all seem to be.

my opinion is that yes SOMETHING will happen in 2012, as in the planets aligning and all that.

but as for the "end of the world" i think that's just nonsense. we'll never really know for sure until the day comes, but then what? we'll wake up on december 21 2012 and the world will just.. end? i really don't think so.

IF this theory of world destruction is all a hoax, i wonder how stupid all the people who made movies about it will feel on december 22, 2012.

20. wtf another one of these threads? There is a Search button and it DOES work.

I believe 2012 follows 2011 and precedes 2013. Just another Y2k and any other 'OMG!1!11! END OF THE WORLD!' scare.