Do you believe that weed has opened your mind and made you more chill and observant as a person?

Discussion in 'General' started by SlyStoner1, Dec 17, 2013.

1. I think that bud has really allowed me to just sit back, chill, and observe the everyday things that go on around me. How people interact, social situations, the bigger picture, things like that

2. Yeah I'd say so, I found it easier to writeLyrics as well. I'm taking a month break right now and I'm 16 days in.... Haven't been as chill as usual

3. I'm glad to hear that the weed had positive effect on you. 

4. yeah but ive always been like that. me and weed are a match made in heavan

5. I see things from way more points of view

Sent from my DROID4 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Less stressed in life fo' sho'

7. pretty sure it makes me a better writer. like, for college. better at writing rsearch papers. so many ideas come to mind and the way i tie them together is just exquisite :D

8. I've found that my imagination flourishes when I'm high. I can do things much better high rather than sober so long as the "thing" revolves around the necessity for imagination. Drawing, hairstyling, storywriting, that kind of stuff.

Since I started smoking weed, I've started to really mellow down about things... going with the flow of things. It's like pot has created this feng shui in my mind and soul, you dig?

9. Yeah, in both good and bad ways.Good: it makes me chill, and enjoy good things alot more. It makes me feel good, and I feel more creative when I write high.Bad: i have a tendency to go off the handle every once in a while, and get really depressed or dwell on things. Weed makes me focus on tht way too much and makes it worse. Mixed: weed makes me notice my flaws alot more and sometimes I dwell on them, but at the same time, it allows me to notice and work on them.Overall: been smoking for a little over a year and i love it, would only quit if i absolutely had too. ❤️Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

10. #12 downtosesh, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013
    I have been questioning this as I have transitioned into a definite more peaceful and happy person over the last 5 or 6 years.
    I started smoking weed to deal with my emotions, essentially, I had a lot of shit going on and didn't know how to deal with it.

When I started smoking, I stopped being so emotional. Not in a bad way, it just helped me rationalise and reflect on what was actually going on in my head. I realised that everything wasn't as of a big deal as I had made it to be. In my highs, over the years, I realised that my priorities were scewed and misguided. I was a misguided person. Weed helped me acknowledge problems and issues in my life without becoming overwhelmed.

If it wasn't for me discovering weed, I believe I would have been an angry and different person.

11. I get many insights. If only I could remember what they were. Somethin about why we need to be like... something else. I dunno. Yeah.

12. Not really. It helped me through some personal issues, but I'm still an asshole.

13. did when I was a noob, couldn't watch any film or tv without being put off by the "acting" lol it was stupid

14. In the beginning,yes. Now, it's needed to tolerate this shit hole we live in

15. #17 BlazeLE, Dec 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2013
    idk about observant but this used to be my favorite song before i started smoking http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbaj0wmOjVU

i still love the song but i rarely listen to music like this anymore. now this is my favorite song, and i really only listen to music like this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=igUsHrFqegE

16. I wouldn't say observant I would just say its a pretty powerful reflective tool at times (almost too powerful for me to handle at times) since for me it makes it easier to be more cognizant and understanding of peoples emotions as well as the effects of my past actions.

17. this. It made me see through people way too easily. Even when I'm not high I can just sense when something is wrong. It's hard too explain with out writing a whole page about it though.

It definitely opened my eyes more than I wanted it too when it comes to our plastic society.

18. I went through a pretty rough time and realized that a lot of the things that i've been taught to think and believe, whether by my parents, authority figures, or society in general, is complete bullshit. Marijuana opened my eyes and let me see the world around me in much more of a clear and understanding perspective. Things make sense now.

I truly believe that I have become 100 times more laid back, accepting, and motivated since I began to smoke regularly.