Do you believe suicide is selfish and cowardly?

Discussion in 'General' started by ShaniaKLz, Nov 23, 2011.

1. What about a samurai that does Seppuku, AKA stabbing himself. That's pretty honorable, and badass.

2. [quote name='"zachary27889"']

thats one of the most intelligent arguments iv ever heard. How do we place the value on other peoples happiness over our own?[/quote]

If you love them! And it's not like suicide makes you happy.. It just makes you......nothing. And makes those who care for you sad. It's all about whether you Care enough about anyone to stay alive even though you hate your life.

It is selfish in that you're acting in your own self interest at the expense of others' happiness. But that doesn't mean it's something shameful you know? Nothing wrong with putting yourself first and i would never pass judgement on those who made that choice. But you can't say it's not a little selfish..

3. Personally I do think it's a cowards way out if someone in the world even thinks about you everyone and then it's selfish it's the easy way out for you but kills the love ones around you

4. [quote name='"daltonmc"']

What about a samurai that does Seppuku, AKA stabbing himself. That's pretty honorable, and badass.[/quote]

They do that because they've disgraced their honor don't they?

5. Oh the irony :)

6. or they do it to die with honor before their enemies can kill them

7. I love the mixture of opinions and different philosiphies surrounding it.

8. I think it's selfish of the family. If they are truly wanting death, not attention, why does anyone else have a higher say?

9. Suicide is a personal choice. It's NOT cowardly or selfish. You have no idea what's going on in that persons mind, how dare you assume anything about their situation. I understand you don't want to see that person cease to exist but it's THEIR life, and they'll do as they please. Shiiiiit.

10. What're you getting hyped up about? I'm asking YOU people YOUR opinions, I'm not giving my own. And even if I am, you're not in place to close your mind to someone else's opinon. They're entitled to it. Just because it differs from yours doesn't mean you have a right to say it's WRONG.

With suicide there is no right or wrong answer, there's merely opinions and those opinions are molded by many factors.

11. I think its bad and good.

Good: If your life is miserable then aren't you being tortured daily? Death is free

Bad: The people around you that it hurts.

Eitherway suicide isn't an option for me ever.

12. Completely natural.

Sometimes death is a better option.

Feeling were meant to be hurt, no big deal. If you're miserable and cannot find a solution, why not?

I'm not going to stay miserable so YOU can feel better about yourself.

13. You only have the right to call them selfish if you had done everything in your ability to help them and they still decided to kill themselves. Or else you are just wanting them to live in agony FOR YOU. You are then the selfish one.

Remember, it is not easy for a human to kick off the basic survival instinct to kill themselves. It could be cowardly in a sense but if you see how many people wuss out at the last min during their suicide plan, you can tell that it does take a good dose of courage to take the very last step.

14. #34 Lambchop1, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2011
    [quote name='"blazethatgreen"']

Oh the irony :)[/quote]

How is it ironic? Please explain. Selfish means you put your own desires in front of other people's. So killing yourself would be selfish if there are people who would be truly hurt by it, because youre doing something for yourself at their expense. That's the definition of selfishness lol so please explain the "irony" :)

15. #35 notyourtype, Nov 23, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2011
    [quote name='"ShaniaKLz"']

What're you getting hyped up about? I'm asking YOU people YOUR opinions, I'm not giving my own. And even if I am, you're not in place to close your mind to someone else's opinon. They're entitled to it. Just because it differs from yours doesn't mean you have a right to say it's WRONG.

With suicide there is no right or wrong answer, there's merely opinions and those opinions are molded by many factors.[/quote]

Uhh, slow your roll. Who said I was getting hyped up? I stated my opinion. MY opinion is no one has a right to judge a person who followed through with their suicide. How am I closing my mind when I've considered the opposing opinion and decided I didn't like it...
    I really don't care if people think suicide is cowardly or selfish, that's their opinion to have. Right or wrong.

Edit: I wasn't personally attacking you btw.

16. The way you wrote looked as if it were directed at me personally.

17. I've always thought it was cowardly and selfish tbh but recently there was some girl who threw herself off a bridge in my local town.
    I got me thinking and I was discussing it with my girlfriend all I could think of was, 'How the fuck could you throw yourself off a bridge?' Like honestly how the fuck?
    Must have some crazy bad stuff happening to you for you to jump off a bridge.

Just a thought, but maybe some people really can't take it any more, and the thought of speaking with people for help makes them worse.

18. [quote name='"ShaniaKLz"']

The way you wrote looked as if it were directed at me personally.[/quote]

I see, I see. My bad!

19. I condone suicide, but honestly, it surprises me how some of them have the balls to actually do it. Looking over that bridge that chick through herself off would scare me shitless.

20. depends on the situation