Do you believe in liberated freedom(free-will)?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by meddlehaze, Jul 13, 2011.

1. I'd also like to know why, if you feel like answering.

I personally don't believe in liberated freedom. I believe we have individual "wills", but they are not independent from anything. Cause and effect.

For example, I choose to not wear a shirt outside (effect)because it's hot (cause).

What are you opinions?

2. We're freely determined. Heh. Against my better judgement of saying idk, I'll make a stand and say no, for the poll.

3. Logic and free will can go together. Just because there is a reason behind your action does not mean it is not your will. There is definite cause and effect, but having free will doesn't mean exerting in always. Even one action from your own will means you have the freedom, the rest is to your logic and chance of happiness from your decisions. I guess our definition of free will may be a little different

4. Let's define it then!
    I define free will as a will that is independent from any outside cause. We still make choices but not liberally.

5. Nope, don't really believe in free will... Ultimately everything happens in the only way it possibly can.

Each event is much like a math problem... if you plug the variables in it will come out to the same solution every time. The thing about existence is, there are an infinite number of variables, dating back into infinity.

We merely are under the illusion that we are in control. And this illusion of free will is a vehicle by which fate itself exists.

6. I agree man. I personally don't believe free-will holds up on religious and philosophical grounds. I really like the bold dude.

7. The apparent "cause and effect" is the harmonic rhythym that is the driving force behind our free will. This is what you call God.

8. What makes you think it's the driving force behind our free will?

9. Cuz everything stems from God.

10. I mean, I agree but I'm trying to understand how you came to this conclusion.

Also, do you think it's appropriate to call our will "free" if there is a driving force behind it?

11. God is the coming together of apparently unconscious impulse-based reactivity, that is our "human nature." Consciousness is God. That is the driving force behind all experience. It unites the subject and object, in pure experience. That experience of oneness despite apparent contrast is God.

12. I should've picked I don't know, but as of now I disagree with the notion that we can do whatever we want.

Down to the littlest concept, we only have the free-will ,as individuals, to make decisions that collectively allow each of us to either prosper or withdraw.

13. This is from left-hemisphere linear distinctions thinking/conditioning.

14. Can you define what you mean by "free-will"?

Yeah we are bound by many things, some of which we don't even know.

15. I do not absolutely define things, so as to muddle them down into out of focus patterns. Get into the experience, as opposed to mind-based classifications.

16. Well, then how am I supposed to know we are speaking of the same thing? :confused: For the sake of conversation and understanding we define words.

17. You do. I manifest thoughts into my reality. You analyze them for me.

18. I just wanted to applaud you on including the 'I don't know' option. At least you are open to the truth...

"It is beyond is or is not."

19. Yes, we have free will. Not sure what you mean by "liberated" free will but I think our actions have affects on later events. The soul is where are free will comes from; I think it can overcome our biological and psychological selves.

20. I define free will as the ability to act without physical limits. But in the sense that there is no necessary underlying cause, no. Our life is a book and the next word is directly based on every word before it. So you can't forget the past and be new and free. So our past are the chains that limit us. Fuck that shit