Do you believe in horoscope shit? (astrology)

Discussion in 'General' started by Bellla, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Astrology aka-horoscopes/signs like: gemini's, cancers, scorpios, leos, etc

I used to think astrology was just a big load of shit but recently I've been reading about astrology just for fun & have come across many people who are strangely similar to their 'sign'

Like I don't believe in it necessarily but it is kinda dead on for some people?

So I'm kinda just curious any of you blades think this astrology shit is somewhat true or is it just a big coincidence! Haha

Oh and if you want feel free to say your 'sign' and if you think you're similar to it.

2. No, I dont believe in pseudoscience.

3. I believe it to an extent. Its definitely not dead on, but sometimes its an interesting read if your bored and has some points that do tend to fulfill themselves, however that doesn't mean that it was a magical prophesy or something haha :p

I am kind of similar to my sign, I think a lot of people are, thats one of the more accurate parts of it.

4. I think it's corporate bull.

They make everything so vague where something in your life just has to fit.

5. My ex gf showed me this website called astro. com. It's pretty interesting. She asked for my birthdate and birth time and showed me this chart which had different planets in different signs, it actually seemed pretty accurate in interpreting my personality. Her's was damn near pinpoint accurate as well.

The 'predictions' are no where near as accurate. I think if anything, astrology is better at deciphering the psychological makeup of an individual as opposed to predicting life events. They're entertaining to look at none the less.

6. Corporate? lol astrology is way too "out of the box" for anything like that silly :p

7. I have always found it amusing how easily manipulated the human mind is into believing obscure theories.

8. Not necessarily..

9. yea i believe it, im just like my sign. and i read all my family members and they all describe them perfectly. i dont really believe your days horoscope though

10. #10 Sunshine86, Mar 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2012
    Nope. 'Tis utter nonsense.

Somewhat related: I was having a conversation the other day with a girl I'm rather attracted to about our personal interests and I told her about my interest in astronomy and made a comment about the recent planetary alignment. Her response? "Ooh! What's your sign!? I'm a Libra!"

[​IMG]

11. Now you may find it inconceivable or at the very least a bit unlikely that the relative position of the planets and the stars could have a special deep significance or meaning that exclusively applies to only you, but let me give you my assurance that these forecasts and predictions are all based on solid, scientific, documented evidence, so you would have to be some kind of moron not to realize that every single one of them is absolutely true.

12. Credible, peer-reviewed source, please.

13. Looooooool thanks for the laugh

14. We're all equally as meaningless to this universe.:cool: