Do you believe in God?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by BluntCruisin, May 24, 2010.

1. I do. Do I understand what God is, no.

2. I believe in god/great spirit/ jah whatever you wanna call although I am definitely not religious more spiritual and I don't push my beliefs on anyone

3. Which one are you asking about? There are over 2000 of them. I do not have any imaginary friends. Steve Colbert is really the only god I believe In.

4. Wow I hate when people post those stories about how at Walmart someone didn't have enough money or something and a stranger buys their groceries or some similar situation and all the comments say. "God is a great god." "He is and angel for doing that god bless him" "god is all around us!! Praise him!" Uhh god did not buy their shit a guy with enough money and doing a good thing for a human being. Not god! A human thank that person that was able to help another that's what life's all about. Helping one another if I help a stranger don't go thank you god!! No thank me. And do it for someone else some day. Not for "god"

5. God is just a way of explaining shit people don't understand.

6. no i don't believe in "god" i don't see how anyone could.
    it's illogical to believe in something that is impossible to prove. belief is the death of intelligence. i like the idea of intelligent design, but to believe it to be true is limiting one's self to other ideas. ideas are a lot more malleable than a belief. if you believe that the sun is a big ball of yellow cheese, but then someone comes along with evidence that says otherwise, you're gonna roll it off as some cockamame hunk of nonsense because you KNOW the sun is a ball of cheese.
    also, looking at the state of the world, it boggles my mind that people actually think there is some all powerful being that loves and cares for everyone. all this famine, war, greed, death, scarcity, corruption so on and so forth...
    if there ever was a god, he abandoned us a long time ago.
    one more thing... if this god that the christian religion explains really does exist, he can go fuck himself... what a cruel evil sadistic bastard. i hope the devil tears him a new asshole. i'd rather spend an eternity in hell than worship some fucktard like that.
    fuck god

7. It's such a simple question. but I can't imagine giving a simple answer. Do I believe in "God"? That could very much depend on what "God" is defined as. but yes, I do believe in "God". God, Jesus, Mohammed, Buddha. etc.. Or even the other direction.. Life, light, energy, sentience.. etc..

whatever god is, i feel, can't be explained in a human language, concept, or sentence. but I know that it's love and perfection. there is nothing else. everything else is just separation.. and every human being just needs/wants other people to connect with, share with, love with, be with... i think it is this very feeling of love, comfort, warmth, stability, intelligence, right perspective, contentment, and connection that is the true beginning of understanding the essence of what god could possibly be.

i wont pretend to know if god makes things happen, knows the future, or even cares about human problems.. but i will say that it is all within you.. and it can't be kept from anyone... just blurred.

8. also, i feel like religious people need to stop FEELING so much and actually use their rationality. millions of years going to waste? stop that. your brain is a powerful tool. just as the earth, just as the elements, just as the hearts magnetic waves. Believing in stories is only going to tie down your better judgement to limited concepts. Be open to testing the realms of your reality... fact is often more amazing than fiction.

also, i feel like atheist need to stop THINKING so much and let go once in awhile. does science have to be so constricting? Just that GOD cannot exist? How about untying your beliefs once in awhile too? Just because you can calculate it and understand it, doesn't make your experience less divine. It is this very understanding of our reality that will lead us to the curing of diseases and other amazing things. Don't restrict it by being absolute. Science changes ALL the time. New theories are replacing old ones all the time.. and it's soon to get faster.

Both sides, don't deny the endless possibilities and potential the human brain has. also, remember that whatever you come up with.. there is so much more bigger than you,more complex than you, and probably some other higher form of intelligence.

what is god? does god exist? these questions mean nothing.. and their answers even less.

9. Didnt read through eberything but if there was one higher being such as god why is there so many different religions that believe in basically a completely different"god" also one thingthat amazes me is if there is this so called god what about aliens or people from different galaxies why dont they have a part in the bible. You are ignorant if you believe that we are the sole beings in the entire universe and also ignorant to believe atleast in my point of view that if there was this god why he woukd only make one civilization amongst millions of planets amd stars. And if there was more people or aliens why woukd we not kniw of eachother through this "higher power" i myself agree with previously said statement that i beleive in energy nothing more nothing less

10. I worship the sun. And my vagina.

11. If I was God, I'd use my fingers to strike fields of marijuana plants and circulate ganja smoke for the whole community to get high.

12. No I am an Atheist

13. Hi :wave: Im a deist...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhvQcBWZF8E]Jacque Fresco - Religion - YouTube[/ame]

14. Yes, I do. Very strongly.

I'm a Jew.

15. Both yes and no,
    I don't believe in the god that is portrayed through older human civilizations, but since the belief of a god is the natural way humans evolutionized, it must mean something. I'm left on a dead end in that idea.

Other thing I had thought was, maybe the existence of everything is built upon another. Like how cells build on eachother to make us, but thought as in a bigger way. Like think of all the observable galaxy + wahtever is beyond that as the genetic make up of something bigger and better that anybody can imagine.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IVqMXPFYwI&feature=related]The Detailed Universe: This will Blow Your Mind. - YouTube[/ame]

There's just to much out there for it to just come out of nothing.