Do YOU believe in God?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Del420, Nov 28, 2004.

• Agree Agree x 2
  1. How prophetic.

2. #923 Ultramaxx, Nov 19, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2021
    How terrifying if must be to not exist anymore, life cannot survive past the suns red giant phase.:: either there’s an afterlife are were all toasted.
    If god existed and wouldn’t there be some proof somewhere?
    Everything is like dust in the wind, Proof gone..
    God is good , devil is evil just wordplay….
    Oblivion sounds worse than anything, all anyone can hope for is god ends up real .
    Hopefully were all wrong and God is real

3. Oblivion is what I'm hoping for. I don't want to exist anymore after I die.

4. Yes, solely to blame them for my shitty life.
    I hope they exist for that specific reason; so that when I die and stand before them to be judged, I can throw a punch and say "I bet you think that shit was pretty funny, huh?"

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. #926 Ultramaxx, Nov 26, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2021
    Eternal fire sounds like a dream not a punishment such as oblivion…. Wonder what’ the pope actually beilives.. his old ass ain’t going anywhere neither is anyone else Jesus hasn’t resurrected anyone yet been 2021 years .
    Imo I’d been happier to not existed then to have to die ..
    Buddha didn’t lie …

6. Yes I believe in God, feel sorry for the people who don't, because when you take your last breath there's no going back. Amen

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. #928 Ultramaxx, Dec 12, 2021
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2021
    Does it really make any difference what people Believe?? Everyone’s just as powerless to stop themselves from dying and not existing .
    So if gods real then wouldn’t he save everything ? I say I’m a thiest and think gods real but that doesn’t stop anything…
    When it happens unless consciousness survives this life , you won’t be aware that you’re gone.
    Jesus has yet to resurrected anyone except Lazaros who died again , so I don’t see why atheists would magically perish and beilivers exist eternally .
    Clusterfuck what’ a mess how does anyone add this mathematical blunder up together??
    I’ve lost multiple neighbors this year what do we just become dust? nothing more terrifying then existential crisis were in …. One day we’re here then poof gone .

Bible is full of holes in its stories … god sure didn’t Invent it or Anything..
    Life is a tragedy

8. All I can say we all have a spirit, when our body dies our spirit rest until the day Jesus returns, or our spirit is restless if the person did very bad things in my opinion. I have received the holy Ghost so I know it's true, and have seen people healed in my family. I don't need any more proof. I can only get myself to heaven not anyone else, but I still probably won't make it because I'm still not good enough to be beside our father, but I do my best to be a decent person.

9. A medical description of Jesus Christ Agony and Suffering before and upon the cross

1st- Hematidrosis or bloody sweat, mentioned by Luke when Jesus prayed in Garden at Gethsemane, very rare but well documented phenomenon under great emotional stress tiny capillaries in sweat glands break mixing blood with sweat

2nd-blind folded and beaten by Caiaphas palace guards when Jesus remain silent upon questioning after his arrest

3rd- Scourging, Jesus is condemned by pilate, first he is stripped of his clothes and his hands are tied to a post above his head, a roman legionnaire would then proceed to whip the shoulders, back and legs with a flagrum which is a short whip equipped with heavy leather thongs that have two small balls of lead at the ends.
    At first the heavy leather strands cut through the skin only. Then as blows continue they cut deeper into the subcutaneous tissues producing first oozing of blood from capillaries and veins of the skin, and finally spurting arterial bleeding from vessels in the underlying muscles. The small lead balls produce large deep bruises that eventually burst open after continued blows. This beating leaves the skin of the back hanging in long ribbons and the entire area is unrecognizable mass of torn, bleeding tissue. Once the centurion in charge determines Jesus is near death the beating is stopped.
    4th- Crown of thorns, a small bundle of branches with thorns is then pressed into Jesus’s scalp by Roman Soldiers, this would cause significant bleeding as the scalp is one of the most vascular areas of the body, a robe is also thrown around Jesus while he is mocked and beaten by Roman Soldiers, the robe is stripped away from his hanging flesh causing more bleeding.
    5th Weight of the Cross, now the cross is brought and tied across Jesus’s shoulders,
    the estimated weight of the cross is 165lbs , bloodied and beaten the weight causes his to stumble to the ground. More bleeding would ensue
    6th- Nailing to the Cross- at Golgotha the cross is placed on ground, Jesus is thrown against the wood. The legionnaire would then drive a heavy, square wrought iron nail through the wrist and deep into the wood, the legionnaire is careful not to pull the arms too tight but to allow some flexion and movement. The cross is then uprighted. The left foot is pressed backward against the right foot, and with both feet extended, toes down, a nail is driven through the arch of each. This would cause searing agony as the nail tears through the nerves between the metatarsal bones of the feet. More bleeding
    7th- Hanging upon the Cross- As the arms fatigue great waves of cramps sweep over the muscles knotting them in deep relentless pain. With theses cramps comes the inability to push himself upward. Hanging by his arms, the pectoral muscles are paralyzed and the intercostal muscles are unable to act. Air can be drawn into the lungs but cannot be exhaled. As the carbon dioxide builds up in the lungs and bloodstream the cramps partially subside. Spasmodically he is able to push himself upward to exhale and bring in life giving oxygen.
    Hours of this limitless pain, cycles of twisting joint rendering cramps, intermittent partial asphyxiation, searing pain as tissue is torn from his lacerated back as he moved up and down on the rough timber.
    Then another agony would begin. A deep crushing pain in the chest as the pericardium slowly fills with serum and begins to compress the heart.
    The compressed heart is struggling to pump heavy, thick sluggish blood into the tissues—the tortured lungs as making frantic efforts to take in small gulps of air.
    With one last urge of strength, He once again presses His torn feet against the nail, straightens His legs, takes a deeper breath, and utters His seventh and last cry, “Father, into thy hands I commit my Spirit.”

John 3:16
    For God so loved the world that he gave it his only Son, so that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life!

He first came as a Savior but he will return as the Final Judge. We are living in a period of Gods Grace.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. Yes, I believe in God.

• Like Like x 1
  11. You believe that there is one God. Good! Even the demons believe that—and shudder. James 2:19

• Like Like x 3
  12. Yes I do I am not a small brain Atheist.

• Funny Funny x 2
  13. Yeah! I also believe in fairies!

14. #935 Ultramaxx, Feb 11, 2022
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2022
    Your fairy godmother, would be very proud . Whoever made up god is just trying to take peoples money or something, we’res the proof ???
    God is dog spelled backwards
    Dogma
    Death wouldn’t exist with god, Jesus didn’t defeat death as Christianity would teach , and have people say .
    I’m not sure what too Believe, god , fairies , werewolves, chupicobras
    May as well say it all exists

15. Being a general theist/agnostic is probably the best approach imo. Both religion and atheism doesn't make much sense to me. I can see why people take those polarized approaches though.

• Like Like x 1
  16. If there is a god, he's one psychopathic, insecure idiot.