Do you believe in GOD?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Alien, May 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WOW!!! Been away for a few days, just read this thread. Looks like you guys got ya own holy war happening!!!

What\'s with ya\'s elementxero and kronosx???

The thread was titled \"Do you believe in GOD?\" No need to get upset with people that do. Just cause you guys don\'t. CHILL OUT! It\'s a dicussion board where people can freely express their views on life.

NOW, if it\'s OK with the athiest gang. I would like to say that I believe in GOD. He is my Father, my Lord, my King and my Saviour. I trust in him with all my heart.

PeaceFULL you made my day, the Lord is truly shinning through you. God bless...keep up those prays and you will move mountains!!!!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. I am always so in AWE of my God! Here I am in the United States---reading mulli_melli\'s posts from Australia---writing on Grasscity\'s Spirituality and Philosophy duscussion forum---and the first post I read is Do you believe in GOD? I felt such a \'oneness\'. Thanks mulli! I appreciated your response.

I read your posts in super joints thread he posted. You are cool. Thanks for your kind and accepting words. I was so amazed that the very thing Christians are accused of---judgemnt, pride, etc., etc., etc.,---and that is exactly what I was met with. It was like Whoa!!!!!!!!! But then---it was so awesome---I had a major breakthrough. You know a light bulb moment.

elementxero someday you are going to have one of those. It could be tomorrow, it could be 10 years from now, it could be with your dying breath. I can care less about the timeframe! --- When or how! ---How you live your life in the meantime!---Or---What you think of me during this time! You are going to have one. In one split second---you will SUDDENLY KNOW---There is a GOD! No one deserves His love. No one deserves His grace. No one deserves His mercy. No one deserves His forgiveness. He gives it freely. Because of the blood of Jesus. That is why the name of Jesus---Is so POWERFUL!!!!!! That\'s why I believe in prayer. Ask and I will RECEIVE---Knock and it will be OPEN---That my JOY will be made FULL. I\'m a spoiled rotten child of the KING!

Only GOD could have orchestrated this.

Quoting livingrace from sj thread \"May you have Peace with God, Peace with yourself, and Peace with your fellow man!\" I pray this for the people here at Grasscity!

Love ya all:smoke:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Yeah okay guys, go worship your God while innocent children are molested by your noble priests. You think going to church and worshiping God is so fantastic, but the fact is you can\'t say the word priest and not think of the words \"pedophile\" and \"child molester.\" What does this tell you about your glorious religion? If you wanna get all pissed off about this post you can but the question was \"do you beleive in god?\" There are obviously going to be people who are gonna say no and our views should be equally represented. Peace.

4. Oh and mulli_melli, I wasn\'t upset that peaceFULL believes in God, I just think there is some kind of arrested development in his head that makes it so he has lost his ability to reason.

5. I believe as you KronosX that it\'s HORRIBLE what happened in the Catholic church. The question was not \'Do you believe in religion?\' There is a huge difference between God and religion! God is LOVE! Religion is man\'s attempt at worshipping god. In fact if you look up the word religion in Webster\'s Dictionary it states: \"mans expression of his acknowledgment of the divine. a system of beliefs and practices relation to the sacred and uniting its adherents in a community. id. Judius, Christianity.\"

You have every right to your opinion. All we are asking is the same. It would be really nice to knock off the name calling, but...

God is love. Everything that is good, everything that is pure, whatever is of good repute. That is God. Everything that is not...is evil. Why wouldn\'t everyone want that?

6. So you call it God, we call it love. So what\'s the problem?

7. Peaceful, you are truly a broken record stuck on a song that is played out. Just continue on your divine quest for anything to live your life for, meanwhile the intelligent will be deaf to your holy speeches.

8. Wow peaceFULL. Only someone as feeble minded as you could try and argue that God and religion are seperate things. Where did God come from? The only place I\'ve heard his name mentioned in any kind of literature is in THE HOLY FUCKING BIBLE. Oh but maybe the bible has nothing to do with religion? Why don\'t you take a rest peaceFULL? Obviously you are very tired.

9. I just want to point out quickly to Kronosx that Catholics and Christians differ.

The Catholic Church seems to forget about the iron curtain that was torn in two when Christ took his last breathe. They also worship idols such as Mary and pray to saints such as St Peter etc.

Anyway I just wanted to clear that up. The Catholic Church will collapse, what rises out of the ashes is what we should all worry about!!

Also, the HOLY BIBLE is the word of GOD, the sword of the spirit. The Bible holds much more than words.

\'...For the word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow, it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.\' HEB 4:12

Yes, have no doubt, we will continue to rejoice in the Lords Almighty Name!

10. Catholics, Christians, it really makes no difference. They all share one singular beleif and that is that God exists. The thing that pisses me off the most about you guys is that you spout off this nonsense as if it was a proven fact. Like you hold all the answers. Show me one shred of evidence that God exists. I guarantee you cannot. Sure, you can refer to the Bible all you want, but I\'ll tell you one thing for certain, the Bible is not the word of any so called God. The Bible is an ancient manual that spawned perhaps the biggest cult following in the history of the earth. A manual written by ordinary people just like you and me who were sitting around one day thinking about questions that they were unsure of. \"What will happen to me when I die?\" or \"How did the earth come to be?\" They had no answers to these questions and because of it Christianity came along. No wonder it caught on so fast. It has all the answers. If you are a good little boy and don\'t misbehave you will goto heaven and live in joy for all eternity. Give me a fucking break. Can\'t you see the fable mentality? It\'s a story written by men with the intent of instilling morals in people who were week willed and needed a crutch to fall back on. But go ahead, beleive in your petty religion while you can cuz it\'s on the way down and I\'ll be right there laughing when it all goes to shambles.

11. I believe as you do. The Bible---The Word of God---was written by ordinary, everyday people. Just like you and me. It is not exclusive to anyone. You don\'t have to be anyone special for God to use you. I think that is really cool.

However, the difference with the Bible and any other piece of writing is that it was inspired by God Himself! That\'s why it has such POWER!!!!

The reason I talk like it is a proven fact is that to me---it is!!!! I was under the understanding that a discussion forum is to discuss your opinions. You are completly entitled to your opinion. Can\'t we agree to disagree on this.

Can you disprove God\'s existance? No more than I can prove to you He exists! Anyway you would say it disproves it, I would say it proves it. And vice versa. I am not judging you for your beliefs. You are entitled to them. I\'m just giving you my opinions.

I\'m sorry to if you think I\'m preachy. I truly don\'t mean to preach. My posts haven\'t been overly long. I came to this discussion board to debate views---exchange opinions---learn---grow. I will search my heart and hopefully won\'t come across as preachy anymore.

Peace:smoke:

12. First of all the absense of proof tends to lean towards the God doesn\'t exist argument. You can\'t just say that because there is absolutly no proof of his existance, that it can niether be disproven or proven. It\'s not an equalized point. The fact that you can\'t prove he exists is enough to make any intelligent person see that without proof, it cannot be. I can say that God doesn\'t exist and you will say \'well, prove it\'. How can you disprove something that doesn\'t exist? Can you prove that I don\'t have the power to kill with my thoughts? Of course not, because as long as I keep saying that I do and not actually kill people with my thoughts it can be said that \"oh yeah he can kill people with his mind! I can\'t prove it, but you can\'t disprove it either\"

Its equally invalid of an argument

Secondly, I shudderingly disagree with this sentence

<<<\"don\'t have to be anyone special for God to use you. \">>>

USE ME?! Are you serious? Please, God, use me. That is the saddest thing I have heard in a long time, man. Honestly I feel bad for you if you feel the need to be USED by God, just to bring some kind of structure and meaning to your life. Your own holy book said it, \'jesus is your sheppard and his followers are his sheep\'. You openly proclaim the fact that you are sheep. Sheep without originality, without individual thought, and without questioning a single thing about what you have been taught. Thats right, PeaceFULL, you be a good little sheep and maybe you will be rewarded in a magical fairly land.

But when your store is closing, and you are cashing out your drawer for the place you call heaven, I will be there, complete with Berretta Semi-Auto and black ski mask, robbing you of your soul and with your dying breath you will whisper \'he was right\' as you fade into nonexistance.

-E~X: Fucking God to orgasm, one post at a time.

13. I didn\'t think you really wanted to do this, but I will give you my proof of God\'s existance! I have been on this year long walk. That\'s about how long it\'s been since I turned my life over to God! Total...absolute surrender! Yes---and I\'m proud of that fact. I do not believe that makes me less of a person. It makes me more of a person. I will explain. You know about my light bulb moment with you, elementxero. Well, here\'s the thing. That took my writing on this message board before as someone else. Let me explain. I was here at Grasscity before as a different user. I had signed up as a newbie before and listed my city, state, included the zip. Now, after a couple of weeks I realized that was stupid and changed it, but...the posts I had made before that still had it on it. Anyway...I got totally paranoid. We do smoke here and man...I truly didn\'t want to get arrested!!!! Anyway...during the time I had quit, you and Kronos came to the boards. Here is my proof. Through prayer, God told me to come back to the boards as PeaceFULL. The first post was this one, and you responded as you did. And that is not all! It took my getting fired at a job to get me to the point of receiving the light bulb moment. You see, once I began the journey, God took control and even though I messed up all the time made my life more full. That is one of the things you think I think that Idon\'t. You think we walk around being good to earn our way into heaven. And that we think we\'re better than everybody else. I know what your talking about because it angers me as well. I was even there 2o years ago. But I am so far from that and that is why I was so irritated with you. You see---it doesn\'t matter if I\'m good or not. Because I\'m definately NOT---DON\'T---I mess up all the time. I do things that are bad and wrong. It is getting better because I enjoy learning. But...I don\'t have to be good. I have been forgiven by the blood of Jesus. I was bought with a price. So...back to my proof. Here is my proof that the statement I made was correct. You kindof misquoted me in your response. You see...I said and I will :quote: \"Can you disprove God\'s existance? No more than I can prove to you He exists!\"

You forgot the \'to you\' part. However, did you know that someone just like \'you\' wrote half of the new testament. God spoke to him through a donkey. The reason I believe this is proof of God\'s existance is this...He needed someone to pray for you. That someone was me. That honors me! It took my humbling myself before the mighty hand of God to get me here, but I like it here. That excites me. I feel His power. I had a vision one day of myself with a sword on a horse, praying for the world. That\'s why even if you are right. Even if there is nothing when this world is over and I just go to dust. I would not change anything about my life now.

Ok...this is preachy. Sorry about that. But, to me, this is proof of God\'s existance. God took my life. Isn\'t it interesting, I got scared away--- elementxero came---Icame back---first post---here I am. Only God could have orchestrated this. I know this to be true because I, personally walked in it. I know myself and know it was through turning over everything and by putting God in control that doors have opened. I\'ve been at the right place at the right time. Heavens windows are opening. All that God has is mine. And the crazy thing is. God does the same thing for other people. I talk to them all the time. My sister today. Admidst the biggest challenge of her life to date she has peace. It\'s awesome. So...to me, this proves God\'s existance.

Peace:smoke:

14. Man I am really getting sick of this. I might as well be making points to a brick wall. Your life must be so earth-shatteringly shitty to have to look for meaning in everything the way that you do. Things just happen. There doesn\'t have to be a grand master plan orchestrating your every interaction. I don\'t know where the fuck your head is, but here in reality chaos reigns and the amount of good things in the world are far outweighed by the bad. \"200,000 innocent dead after terrorist attack\" Truly this is the grace of God. \"At least fifty priests suspected of molesting children\" Ah, behold the wonderous light of the Lord! Why would any God disgrace himself in such a largescale way? Why would any God that gave a shit about you or me allow 99% of the shit to happen in this world. You may take solace in believing that \"He\" loves you, but the truth is, even given the impossibility that a god exists, \"He\" hates you. He hates the human race. That is truly the only possibity that I can arrive at when given the facts. I can\'t make a point with you, nomatter how logical my argument, so I will stop this post here. Just please, spare me the same FUCKING religious bullshit you have been responding with over and over again. Why don\'t you try a coherent argument? Maybe then I will be able to read your posts without jamming a screwdriver into my head in utter frustration.

-E~X: Yes, I AM better than God.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.