Do you believe in God?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Monoxide Child, Feb 17, 2004.

?

Do you believe in God?

1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Other

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. i dont know if I believe in GOD, or a god for that matter. its not that im an athiest, but i just dont KNOW that theres a god. no proof I guess. and people say that you dont need proof for there to be a god, just faith, but i havent really had anything happen to make me believe that theres something to have faith in.

2. soemtimes i believen god, and then other tiems i dont, sometimes i jsut think that religion is fine and all, but soem ppl way over obsess over it, like my cousins home school so they can go to church everyday, and they dont have friends, and pray like 24/7 and even wake up at 3 in the moring to think abotu jesus or soemthing becuase thats when he died i geuss? i think that soem people kind of waste their life staying in their house praying all the time, i think if there was a god, he wouldnt want us all to do that and not find out what life was like

3. i think that we should all just live by the golden rule.
    Almost every religoun has it in some way or another, but none of them follow, or at least rarely do.

Treat others as u would have them treat u.

4. I believe there is no way to prove the existance of a higher being of absolute power.

Logic tells me a God does not exist, but there is no way to prove it, so it's impossible to say whether or not I believe in God.

5. Ive gone from Christian to Agnostic, so you should know the answer is still yes :)

6. i am my own god

7. i definately believe in a higher being... bad choice of words, but u know what i mean
    i just can define what it is, other than i think it just created that first spec of life and that weve been on our own since

8. I am confused. I'm agnostic myself, and I think the 4 people who posted above you are too(along with many many more people on these boards and in general). But you say you believe in God? Being agnostic means you are unsure of whether or not a god exists. Maybe you mean that you believe in a god, but you don't know which, if any, religion is 'correct.'

9. Well kinda, I know that there is a God persay, but I dont think any religion is necessairily "correct" I dont think any God would condem someone for believing in him no matter what religion they practiced, unless its obvious they dont ie; Buddhism

10. But is the question Do you believe in God...or do you believe in A God....big difference there.

I don't believe in God, but i do believe in a God and Goddess.

11. I BELEIVE THAT THERE IS A HIGHER LIFE FORM THAN MAN, SUCH AS A GOD. BUT I DEFINATELY DON'T BELIEVE ALL THAT SHIT IN THE BIBLE

12. Which one??
    Doesn't really matter since the answer is still NO.
    God is just someone to blame when you fuck up or a way of putting the fear of god into people to get them to obey the rules.
    You are the god of your own life.
    Take responsibility for your own decisions and realise that all you do has consequences and you don't need all that BS.

13. I belive nothing and nothing belives me

Beliefs are the bullets of the wicked

Beliefs cause wars.

14. Well, i guess it matters to some.

15. So you have no view on stealing, rape, incest, etc etc etc? You just go through life not having any beliefs..and in essence not wanting to be belived in? Sounds kinda lonely.

16. Of course it matters to those who believe and need to be led and told how to live thier lives,it also matters to the preachers, rabbis, shamen or whatever else they call themselves .

The reason I said it doesn't matter, was because it doesn't matter to me which god he was asking about, since I don't believe in any god or gods, so my first question was a of little importance.

17. Whether a person believes in God or not, there is one consistent concept in every culture; their belief in some sort of higher power. It seems to be that, as humans, we have a built-in longing for someone or something that controls our existence. I personaly believe in the Christian god because that makes sense to me. What gave Christianity such a bad name is the Catholics, but I guess thats what happens when u mix church and state and let politics screw up a good idea...

18. Then be more specific if you don't want your statments missunderstood. *smile*

19. Are you winding me up? You make an intelligent remark like this and then tell me you don't get what I meant, I think you're pulling my leg.

Anyway never mind, I agree with what you're saying, surely if you have no opinions then how can you define yourself.
    I at least believe in myself, I also believe that good and evil are conciouse choices and I know I have made my fair share of both.