Do you believe in God?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by freekundli, Sep 9, 2016.

1. I believe in god. He is creator of universe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. well good for you ....mac

• Like Like x 3
  3. Not sure.

I am leaning more towards 'no' than 'yes' at this point in time though.

• Like Like x 3
  4. i myself try to keep out of religion , for me its there is no God ,,,but if people want to believe that's their thing to do ,as long as they keep it to them selves and don't try ram it down others throats ,,,,,,,mac

• Like Like x 7
  5. #5 Tonika, Sep 9, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 9, 2016
    yup I def do believe in heaven and hell too but i'm not super religious tho.

• Like Like x 3
  6. No, I don't think so. I think the idea of God is like Santa Clause for adults.

• Like Like x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Not at all.

• Like Like x 3
  8. Or like a flying spaghetti monster

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Yes, I do. I'm Catholic :)

" Most people leave this earth wondering if they made a difference. Marines don't have that problem " - Ronald Reagan

Psalms 25;4 show me your ways o'Lord teach me your paths "

10. I don't believe in the classical definition of god, say no to monotheism!!

I believe love is Brahman,

And I believe in goddesses and gods.
    The goddess Kali is my avatar

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  11. i thought it was ; show me your way's o'lord teach me to grow plants ;;;
    sorry USMC ,if ive offened you you ,,,no malice meant ,,,,,,,mac,

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  12. No. I believe in a reasonable rate of return.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Why you don't believe in god? Please let me know the reason of this.

14. I only hope God believes in me.

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 Mr. Mojorising, Sep 29, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2016
    Wrong thread deleate!

• Like Like x 1
  16. I don't believe in god.

And i certainly don't believe in ANY of the mainstream religion versions of God.

I don't mean to be offensive - but you asked, so I shall reply to why.

But I think the Christian god is especially bs. How many of you whom believe in him actually read the bible, cover to cover, beyond just mindlessly reading it and actually thinking about what you just read?

The bible is so full of contradictions. One minute, God tells us he loves us. That we are his children. The next minute, his children aren't acting the way he wanted them to act, so instead of guiding them in the right direction and talking it out, or just giving them some form of guidance, he chooses to kill EVERY ONE except one random family in a flood.

A loving mother wouldn't drown her children because she thought they were bad. And if she did, I think most everyone would agree she'd be a bad mother. And this is but just one instance.

How about in the book of jobs when God made a bet with the devil about his most loyal child having faith in him? Toying around with his life as if it meant nothing to God.

The problem I have is that the Bible portrays God as this forgiving, benevolent, loving entity. However, his actions constantly contradict that and shows human characteristics. Much like the Greek gods. The only difference is the Greek gods didn't try to paint themselves as loving and benevolent. They admitted to their downfalls.

Without the bible, you'd have no reference to Christianity. So on the basis alone that the Bible seems to be filled with nonsense and contradictions, the religion itself cannot be excused because the god of that religion wouldve made entirely sure that the Bible he provided was correct and unflawed.

Clearly, this one is set up with many flaws and contradictions. I cannot believe in a religion which the holy text for its existence is so flawed.

Also don't forget the silly story of Jonah being swallowed by a whale. Not physically possible. He wouldn't have survived. In case you forgot, stomachs have acid in them which can dissolve just about anything. And the sea water he would've drank would've been quite unhealthy.

Lastly. I'd like to conclude that if you believe in aliens, you cannot believe in any major religion. Every religion bases Earth as the place where everything went down. Jesus was crucified here, his only son. If that were the case, that would imply aliens were never forgiven. That would mean aliens should be at least visiting earth to honor theIR religion. But this doesn't happen. And aliens would be cursed to damnation over a single sin just like how it used to be with humans before God sent his only son to be sacrificed essentially so that he could learn to forgive us, because apparently he couldn't do it on his own without having some horrible reason like his son being crucified.

• Like Like x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  17. #18 Nosmo King, Sep 30, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 30, 2016
    Which God are you inquiring about? The Judeo-Christian God, the Islamic God, one of the Hindu Gods or Goddesses? It's obviously multiple-choice....and a common theme surrounds the concept: religion.

Religion is man-made, and therefore flawed.

I am most familiar with the Judeo-Christian God. The scripture of the Holy Bible indicates this God was none too happy with his kiddos invention called religion...
    Isaiah 1:13-14, “Bring no more vain oblations; incense is an abomination unto me; the new moons and Sabbaths, the calling of assemblies…it is iniquity…Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them.”
    Psalm 40:6, “Sacrifice and offering thou didst not desire;…Burnt offering and sin offering hast thou not required.”
    Amos 5:21, “I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell (the odors of their sacrifices) in your solemn assemblies.”

In terms of the immense number of contradictions, this is one which has perplexed me since my teenaged days:
    Leviticus 20:13 (ESV), "If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them."
    There is an explicit distinction between man and woman here. Are we to believe that God only hates male homos? What about His commandment not to kill??

The other thing about the Holy Bible that disturbs me is the literal interpretation of one verse, but figurative interpretation of the next.

• Like Like x 3
  18. That's a big part of Christianity. Cherry picking the bible to their liking. To how THEY see fit. The problem with that is obvious. If this was truly gods word, he'd want you to follow it word from word. Instead, we never see such exhibitions from Christians. Instead, they pick the things they like out of their book and call themselves Christian.

Also, I'd like to point out that IF somebody did try to follow the text word by word, they'd be called an extremist and possibly even a terrorist.

Funny, because the religion of Muslim actually does just that. They follow their text all the way, not cherry picking (a lot do). Thus, they're seen as terrorists, because their religion directly incites violence. Just as Christianity does. You are to put people to death for so many silly crimes. You're not a virgin when you marry? You're to be stoned to death. Male homo? Stoned to death. Etc.

So if you followed the Christian bible word for word, you too could become a terrorist.

What wise words from a god.

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  19. I believe In what I can see. So if I had to worship something it would be the sun. It provides me with everything I need.

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1