do you believe in God?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by coolkid94, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Does any one here believe? Why and why not

2. #2 Lenny., Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2013
    haven't you seen Dogma? She's hot

3. #3 Dryice, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2013
    I don't care if god exists or not because if it does or doesn't it has no implications on my existence.

4. Define 'God'.

5. I believe in Science!

There is no evidence for or against the Christian god.
    There is no evidence for or against the Muslim god.
    There is no evidence for or against the Hindu god.
    There is no evidence for or against any god.

Therefore, we cannot know if any god exists.

6. Agnostic here.

7. I believe in a god as in something that started it all but I don't believe in religion.

8. #8 blaze_125, Dec 3, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 4, 2013
    I believe in my-self.
    Therefore my answer is yes.

from the gc app on BlackBerry Playbook!

9. I don't believe in god as the same way chrestions,muslems,ect.... believe in him.I believe in prophets (make miracles),and where you go either hell or heaven.I believe all the human need's is fake,and like how he created us he will/could creat another world.I believe that theres something WAY wider at the outside.Were just bullshitting over here.

10. yea haha im so grateful religion has always been apart of my life.

11. No.

MelT

12. No

But I do believe in Gosh...

Sent from Melmac...

13. I'm gonna throw in my really trippy $0.02.

So i don't really believe in a single omnipotent, omnibenevolent, omniscient being. I think there are in fact many of them. Now, i think human beings are compilations of previous beings. Every individual that is created has a purpose/ goal that they need to complete to become a "greater" person; when i say person i don't mean their flesh, but essence or soul. This is most likely something were not aware that we need to complete and most likely you will be reincarnated as something else( in this world or not). I feel like there's this hierarchy of beings that is set by how much experience you've gained and you must climb the stages. 

I've been observing different aspects of life as they unfold and this theory seems to explain alot of it. From aliens and ghosts to deja vu and people with incredibly gifts. Of course this is just a small rendition.

14. yes everyday I wake up I believe in God more and more.

15. ImageUploadedByGrasscity Forum1386122667.128813.jpg I believe in this guy right hurr

16. yes I believe in god..............:)

17. I believe in Santa clause. Much more logical than an omnipotent god anyways.

18. I believe that nature is god.. We cannot yet know how or 'who' created life, yet life is 'our' god.
    There is no proof of a dude with a hench beard, or a fucking 20 armed half elephant half horse, floating around in space and allowing certain individuals to become rich, allowing certain races to be killed off completely and letting nature literally go to shit;
    But if you walk around a field you can physically see the trees and the grass and the shrubs - they aren't just big green things, they are fucking living things.
    Through extension, humans being the most 'advanced', spiritually and mentally, as a group, work towards understanding life and the universe. 
    Almost no thoughts are original, everything and everyone to an extent is a copy of a copy - but each being tries to better themselves in some way or another and try to add point and experience to the lives we live. This in turn helps future generations to learn from the past mistakes and work towards a greater understanding and a better future.

TLDR, Nobody can know forreal if 'God' exists, and there are so many different beliefs about what or who God is, yet we have no way of knowing... yet. Give it a few hundred/thousand years and we might know, if we haven't completely destroyed ourselves, our surroundings or our planet.

19. @the OP - which god are you talking about?  There are thousands that people believe/have believed in throughout human history and none are more credible than others.

However, for the record, I believe in gods because a unicorn and Bigfoot told me that Smaug from The Hobbit said they are real. :D