Do you believe in God?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Potlover85, Sep 27, 2012.

1. I'm asking myself all the time "Does God or something with more power than a human exist?".
    What do you think abou this? Do you believe in a God? I do. I don't know what exactly it is, in what I believe, but there is something... Sometimes when I think about this, this sounds very strange for me. But I can't explain why...

2. No...
    I really dont feel like explaining it, but science disproves god.

3. Use the search function. There is at least 100 other threads about this.

4. i believe in a higher power. but not the christian god. definitely not that.

there has to be some sort of higher power out there though. SOMETHING is controlling all of this. and all of this is alooooot more than just our earth...the whole universe. bigger than anyone can fathome...its not here by chance. what if there was no universe? would there still be something? there would have to be....and thats th hiher power im talkin about man

5. epic.

6. I still believe in God, we just ain't never spoke
    Unless we talkin symbolically then I might agree
    But if you really wanna look at it that way then,
    Hey man,
    God don't like me
    I refuse to believe that
    But what's acceptable is anything's possible
    But nobody's special

:smoking:

7. I believe that God is jesus and jesus was a jew that came back in the form of
    Adolf Hitler during WWII to take all the jews back to heaven with him in the
    form of a holocaust, and that was his only way to get all of the jews back to the promise land was to start the holocaust to bring them all home. Besides that we are advanced bacteria living on a floating rock in space.

8. I don't know(and know I am not saying this because of my name lol)

9. Haven't posted in one of these threads yet so I'll pretend it's the first one that's ever been made...

I definitely don't believe in God as produced by the majority of religions, and I'm not a fan of the whole idea that we have to behave in a certain way (no pork, alcohol) whatever the restrictions may be. I feel like, if there is a heaven (which I don't think anyone can be sure of), you're judged for the kind of person you are and if you've lived a good life and helped people whenever you've had the chance you'll be taken care of. But that's more of a contingency plan.

To get back to the actual question, I think that there is some sort of higher power that's at play. We're just too special as a species, both in terms of what we're capable of and what the rest of the animal kingdom is not capable of performing. I love evolutionary biology, and while I chose to work in medicine I've always been fascinated by how we turned out the way that we did. I don't doubt for a second that it could be possible that humans are as different from the rest of life on this planet solely due to evolution, but it still makes me wonder sometimes.

Rambling but that's the best I can do with such a thought-provoking topic. Can't imagine how this would have turned out if I was high right now.

10. ancient aliens

11. I'll tell you how I know god doesn't exist.

So many terrible things happen to so many good people.

But beyond that, at this point in life, I would sell my soul to the devil. The devil has yet to respond to said offer, thus there is no devil. There can't be a god without a devil.

12. No, I believe life is the only thing resembling god.

But I don't believe in a man, or a single entity that created everything and that listens to prayers and all that biblical bullshit.

13. I'm an atheist but I'm so fucking sick of discussing religion on the internet.

It alway seems to incite an argument and in that argument no one ever gets anywhere and everyone just ends up frustrated.

14. #15 Spaced, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2012
    Perhaps heaven and hell exist solely inside our own selves.

Then again, perhaps we are similar to a machine. Our thoughts are simply energy, our bodies are able to intake nutrients and transform them into energy.. but what happens when a machine runs out of fuel/energy? It just ceases to operate. It's nothingness.

15. Science doesn't disprove god it disproves particular gods.

I believe in spinoza's god like Einstein.

16. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

17. If you're talking about a God who answers prayers and constantly interferes with humanity then definitely no. If you're talking about a deistic god who created the universe and just sits back watching without interfering then I'm agnostic towards that.

18. #19 Wakadoozicle, Sep 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2012
    i believe that god isn't one being, that god is a universal spirit that is in everyone and everything. it's much more of a concept than what typical people could understand ... i believe god works through people, that our basic decisions and choices in life impact other's lives in such a great sense, and that impact is what keeps this earth perpetuating. and that god isn't one being but it is constant in every living spirit. it makes good and bad things happen because good and bad dont exist, just experience of that situation and the way you perceive it

19. What's God?