Do you believe in God, or some other higher power?

Discussion in 'Religion, Beliefs and Spirituality' started by Klopy, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Still nobody points out where I have been anymore disrespectful than anyone else. Is this forum ran by mormons or morons? Either way, no apologies for spitting the facts. If you can't handle the truth, do your thang.

2. If you can't debate in a mature fashion, I will do my thing.
    This conversation should have stayed in the PMs.

3. #223 Bam_Bam, Jan 13, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2016
    The last post was before I received your pm. Okay, I get the hint. I will leave this thread to never return lol. I guess facts aren't accepted in religious threads either. Good day Brothers and Sisters.

4. I'm all for religious debates, but constantly calling others morons, hypocrisy and whatever else you have labelled them is another matter. Sure sometimes debates get heated but I saw no animosity from them towards you.

As I said your approach to them was not "I think you are being misled, I understand brainwashing techniques and if would are open to a discussion I would like to expose this and see what you think"

5. I'm a theistic satanist, have followed for 5 years so far, many to come

Sent from my SM-T230NU using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. No I don't see the need to believe in a higher power. Why does anyone choose to, I don't see why.

Sent from my VS986 using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    What bring you to this conclusion? Wishful thinking?

Sent from my VS986 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. We have a church here in my local town and get a lot of young Mormons over from the US who go door to door spreading the word.

Always smartly turned out with impeccable manners. They are a credit to the US and the Mormon faith. I often stop and chat to them on the street or when they come knocking. Always respectful in their attitude and approach.

Typed on the bottom of a plump cherub

8. No

the only miracle is that there is no miracle

9. I used to hang out with the Mormon missionaries. Usually we talked about non-religious topics, hung out at the park, my friend and I got them to hit up the gym too haha. I miss those guys.

10. #230 CoughTHC, Jan 25, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2016
    I really don't know what to believe in anymore.. Instead of worrying about beliefs, I feel we should all focus on self and just living with as much positivity as you can. To me that is all that should really matter. We are our own higher or lower power

11. absolutely. I was visited, it had nothing to do with the bible.
    Was an amazing experience.
    I think I needed it, and would benefit everyone.

12. explain plz kind sir

13. Curious, I'd be interested in hearing more if you care to share.

14. norse, you wouldn't believe me!

Sorry quote doesn't work on this site

15. Who am I to disbelieve your experience?

16. How can you not believe?

17. #237 waktoo, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2016

It's pretty easy...

Rational thinking folks prefer to believe in things for which there is empirical proof.

The "Gods" of the various religious doctrines currently subscribed to by human society are a man-made contrivance. They are no different from the myriad folk/hero stories that preceded them historically, which are now commonly referred to as "mythology".

18. Do you believe in dreams?

19. Waktoo?
    Being a rational person, I suppose YOU would like a rational discussion? So, I suggest WE agree to a one on one RATIONAL discussion. It will procede as follows: I will express a view, then ask 1 question. YOU must then answer the question. Then, YOU can express a view. Ask a question. Get an answer. So forth and so on....... You get the picture? Just between you and I? Let me begin.

VIEW: As a Christian, I believe the Bible is my guide, my user's manual for being a human. If we are to rationally discuss your disbelief, I first must know what chapters, verses, passages or just ideas in general you disagree with.

QUESTION: What parts of the Bible did you read that you disagree with so much?

20. #240 Xysephen, Jan 29, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 29, 2016
    I posted this in a similar thread, works here too.

A higher power can be anything really. Much is more powerful than us. We are a small part of the cosmos, yet very special due to consciousness. Our people have always thought of us as so special we must of been created by a creator. We created our orgin without really knowning anything at all. Looking passed human perspective, Were simply a by product of the cosmos like anything else like the stars. Only difference is we can be aware of things and be 'conscious'. We are an inevitable product thats purpose is to live and move on. So far my own personal ride is kicking ass. Im very enthralled by the experience Im having. Makes me want to continue learning as much as I can before I perish one day. Cant wait, so much excitement its overwhelming.

Why is it hard to grasp by some? Most cant look passed their own ego. We are no different than anything else in the cosmos. With the right conditions for life to sprout it will eventually sprout. Life will live and then die. Another time life will live and then die. All over the cosmos where conditions exist. Its just a natural progression of reality. No belief required, its just reasonable. I dont look through my "human goggles". I look beyond me, beyond perspective and look at the grand scheme. Were a natural occurrence like planets or nebulas etc. The cool thing is we have the ability to behold these things while those things cannot. Due to no consciousness or self awareness.

Also the time scale in the cosmos is millions and billions of years. We can only grasp hundreds due to our human lifespans. I can see how its hard to see things evolving. It does though, lets look at the whole cosmos.

Basic explanation; Mostly voids with low energy and forces acting. In there are elements and matter that natural float on so to speak. Eventually forces tangle these things to the point of impact. Stars emerge and live there lifespan until exploding. There lies elements left over interacting to the point of clumps of matter. Planets form, cool and if conditions of the elements are present. Life will sprout and soon evolve to the point of self aware life. One day questioning its existence. This can happen all over the cosmos. Many civilizations all over the place with unique lifeforms depending on the conditions present.

How did it all start? Like the universe? Cant be known at this moment, maybe someday. In the meantime there is no need to invoke a creator due to lack of evidence. It gets invoked due to humans feeling they are special from everything else.