Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do you believe in addiction/dependence to weed?

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by Hamachi12, Oct 15, 2014.

1. I believe in dependence or addiction to weed, but I also believe that the withdrawal effects are very mild, not near life threatening. I believe you can get a bit more irritable when you haven't smoked weed in a while, and maybe even a little insomnia. 

I smoke every single day, and if I go a day without smoking, its really annoying. Like I look forward to smoking weed, while I'm working I think "I got some weed to go home to" and if I don't have that feeling it sucks . I go through daily pain from work, so days I work, I especially need to smoke. Weed also makes things less boring, so in a sense I'm addicted to that feeling of not being bored to death. 

My grandma lives in a forest nearby, and i think it'd be fucken awesome to hike up with some lunch and smoke/vape there

2. Nah, not really. When I got arrested I had to stop smoking for like 3 weeks and it wasn't a problem at all, all though I did miss it :( but it's not like I pawned my tv because I was jonesin for a hit of that sweet sweet green

Sent from my asshole using Grasscity Forums App

3. I think there's a chance to get addicted to just about anything. Maybe not physically but definitely mentally. I wouldn't really say I experience "withdrawal" symptoms per se, but I do notice a slight loss of appetite and difficulty falling asleep for the first night or two of not smoking

Happy toking!

Sent from four score and seven years ago

4. i believe it depends on the person if they become addicted to weed. weed itself is not addictive, no addictive properties, but like anything from crackers to burgers, you can become addicted, but not always.

5. Saying your addicted to weed is like saying your addicted to jerking off. You ENJOY smoking weed, you want to continue to do it because you enjoy the effects it has. Real drugs/tobacco/coffee are PHYSICALLY addictive, regardless if you enjoy anything about them your body will become dependent and crave more. If I had to stop smoking weed I could, but try telling someone who smoke cigs to quit and the most common response will be hell no.

6. Anything can be habit forming, even weed.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

7. #7 Tokinsince2012, Oct 15, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2014
    I came in expecting the replies to be "OMG weed isn't addicting IDIOT how old r u??"
    Glad that some of the blades actually know the facts and differences between addiction and habit forming

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

8. Nope can't be addictive an isn't habit forming, nothing in it that is, just you wanting to get high.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app
    Also what withdrawals are u feeling when their is none? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum mobile app

9. psychologically yes , but as someone who has beaten coke addiction, pot withdrawal is easy to overcome, just stay occupied.