Do you believe everything happens for a reason?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Zombique, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Try fruits and healthy vitamin sources whenever you're feeling weak, Also cashews: I heard the complex B on them reliefs depression: It's working for me! Try ginger with lemon juice in warm water also!just about 10ml daily is enough to start, That will boost your energy! Hope it works for you too! Read: Perfect Weight/Deepak Chopra
    ☯️Peace and love Stay well, stay healthy

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

2. I resonate with the feeling of love and gratitude..a beloved one died and I feel very sad I wasn't there to say goodbye..I miss him so much..I believe he gave his life for me, to understand love, deepest love in my life and to not being afraid to die he went first...I loved him so dearly and I know he dearly loved me back..I know he forgives me for not being around, cause I would forgive him too...Just thinking about him was enough to fill my soul with joy. I still wish I could have some more time with him, I will never stop crying for I see him on the sunshine, just like always only I can't hug him anymore, but just as always I believe love doesn't need arms to hug. I came to understand that if he went first It's because I must do something else here.. and I'm not afraid anymore to die because he already passed through that feeling and I will be strong as well when my time comes, I would also suffer for him, and Even though I don't believe in heaven, I would like to see him again to know he is alright. I know now that There is no time, there is no future to plan, only the present moment and we are all here for a reason: LOVE, to find our love and heal the world with that. Ultimately we will all go away. And there will come the time when we'll all choose everything, we do choose everything at our right lifetime. If I could ask God to take my life to grant me a wish I will ask him to take it and please fulfill every need in a loving manner and keep pain below bearable level. Ipray for understanding I don't understand why life's got to be so unkind sometimes;unfair I couldn't say, but unkind it is sometimes. I pray and will keep praying.
    Peace and love out there ☯️

3. For Spanish speakers it's easier to see it this way: "If you =believe= it, then you =create= it" " Si lo =crees= lo =creas=" playing on words,
    I like the sincerity in your belief, very respectable

4. Everything external from within us is random, because we cant control it.

So no, no substance to that.

Sent from my SM-J320VPP using Grasscity Forum mobile app

5. ¡Como ver es creer!

This is how and why religion is such a strong force with humanity because we seek reason out of events that we have no control over. Discerning fact from fiction gives us hope that we can ultimately be the guiding force to our destiny so as to achieve some level of inner peace.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Somethings are self-fulfilling prophecies, so yes, some things do happen for a reason.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Absolutely. But not in a definite way. This is a pretty lame example, but I can't think of anything else off the top of my mind.

Say I'm playing a video game. I'm doing bad, and getting more frustrated with every game I play. Suddenly, the cat trips over the routers power cable and unplugs it. I lose connection in my game. I now have two choices, plug in the router and continue to play, or plug in the router and do something else, such as read a book or pet my cat. When stuff like this happens, I tend to think of it as life's funny way of giving you a sign. You can continue with what you were originally doing/planning/thinking, or you can stop and think if you want to take a different aproach in life and make a change.

Too many times have I had these thoughts when something happened in my life where the result of me changing my direction led to a positive outcome. I think everything in life happens for a reason, but it is up to you if it will make a change or not.

Sorry if none of this made sense, I'm a bit foggy in my mind atm ;)

• Like Like x 2
  8. I think everything that's happened since the Big Bang, hell even before the Big Bang has just been chemical reactions, and that everything that has and will happen is because the Big Bang happened exactly like it did. Probably not the kind of "reason" you're talking about but yeah

9. Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

11. It's just one of those things that people say. It's the atheist/agnostic version of "it's god's will." When there are no answers, people fall back on platitudes.

They're trying to make sense of a random world. Sometimes shit just breaks and people die. Or someone loses their mind and blows away 12 people in a movie theater. We have to accept a certain amount of random activity in the world.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Yes and no. I believe that we are here for a reason. But i do not believe that there is a ryme or reason to the way in which things unfold. Things do happen in reaction to other things.. We can only try to unfold time in another direction than it is headed. There is no written purpuse for everyone. You make and decide your purpose.you did before you woke up here , you just have to figure out what you want to do...thats what i think.

Sent from my SM-S120VL using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Its not easy to believe...but..i have some things repeatedely in my life which make me think there is always a reason. Am at home now with my nose broken and smashed head. I fell down in office. The interesting thing is it's my 9th time of broken nose since i was 19th years old. Aaand, the most thoughtful is never had problems nor with arms,nor with legs,nothing but my head. Plus it happens when i have the preparations for big changes in my life,when i become reaching my goals. Last time i fell i was going to visit a meeting i was prepared for a week and which should show my professional talents in front of CEOs of my company. So yes, i don't want to believe the reason thing, but i have to...

14. The butterfly effect.

15. If everything happened for a reason there'd be no place left for everything else.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Mabey your job isnt letting you be who you really want to be..most us us are here now for much purposes than any day job is going to allow

17. Mabey the universe is trying to get you to choose another direction completely.

• Like Like x 1
  19. In my experience, anything that feels forced, is not usually the right decision. I had to learn to be ultra intuitive to myself most of all. That helps to be intuitive to nature and then other people. Everything Means somthing, in my world. Whether or not there is a true Purpose for everything, remains to be seen. I doubt it. Lots of things are meaningless. Most things are not though. That includes thoughts, ideas and emotions. Be true to yourself more than anyone. And in my life, i cant do something for long that dosent truly make me happy. I always end up destroying it or getting destroyed. Staying true to my inner passions has allowed me to sort of guide my path. It has been a terribly bumpy road but finally it seems that things might be turning around. I just cant get greedy, also i cant be lazy or selfish. I need to learn most of all, patience. It is impossible to try and know what the answer is already if you want to ask a new question. You just have to have an idea of how you want to feel and be in your future and the universe will give you the options you seek. Its just about being able to notice the doors and windows when they come up.. im sorry you have broken your face so many times man that sucks.. i have broken myseld in many other ways than physically like that. But still almost as painfull. Good luck.

• Like Like x 2
  20. Thank you. It's always nice to get a support. Especially, from someone who cares to express himself so carefully. I hope it will not cause any mentall illness or smth like that because of injuring my head again. So i will have a chance and enough time to get "that letter from a Universe". At that moment i will remember you and your advice and may be can give a sign to you i got it :)