Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Do You All Have A Scale? And If So When Did You Buy It?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by ATV360, Jun 28, 2014.

1. Hey everyone, this is my first thread so I'm hoping its okay to place this one in this sub-forum. Basically I'm looking to possibly buy a scale soon for a few reasons, just to make sure my dealer is spot on with what hes giving me and also so I can tell how much I'm using during sessions or when rolling. I trust my dealer because he's been a friend for a while, we don't hang out really anymore but we use to and we were always cool. I just like being safe when it comes to getting what I payed for. So really I'm curious, do all of you have scales? And if you do, how long after you started smoking often did you wait until you bought one? I assume most people didn't get one as soon as they started so I'm curious as to when you all decided to buy one and also why you bought one. Was it to make sure you weren't getting ripped off, or just to know how much you're using and how much you have? And I'm not really looking for answers like I became a dealer lol XD

2. No I just eye ball everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

3. I think I decided to buy a scale not based on how long I had been smoking, but how much I was buying. When I started buying 8ths I invested in a scale. Remember, some of us older smokers used to buy nickels and dime bags when that was around, nobody gets those really anymore but when I did I wasn't worried about weighing out a dime bag LOL. So if you're buying weed anyway you should own a scale, but I'd say if you're buying at least 8ths you def need to invest in one. Make sure it measures to at least 1/10th of a g.

4. If you don't need or want to measure it, you don't have to. I'm sure there are plenty of people who don't feel the need to weigh all their stuff. Obviously if you actually are interested in knowing you'll have a scale and not just "eye ball everything". I wasn't asking how people measure their stuff. (And to clarify I did take your comment as sarcastic and if you intended it another way I apologize :p )

5. I got a scale maybe a few months after starting. Its always nice to know what you have, how much you consume, and good for making sure you are getting what you pay for.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. I bought my first scale probably a year or two after I started smoking and when I was picking up ounces. I loved that scale and it recently just broke on me. It had a good run though, I've had that scale for over 2 years easily and it was a great scale. I bought my second scale just two weeks ago on amazon and it was only $11 plus free shipping. I got my new scale in less than 5 days when I ordered it. Definitely look into getting a scale cause that thing has saved me from being ripped off so many times and it tells you if you should stick with your dealer or not  :smoke:

7. I got one when I started noticing my bags being a little smaller than usual. Cost me twenty bucks, best investment you can make if you buy and don't grow your own.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. #8 TinTizzy, Jun 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2014
    I used metal letter scales right when i started and then graduated to digitals around 99 probably

[​IMG]

Been rockin the palmscales since...first pair still works 15yrs later but upgraded to the 5.0 round 8yrs ago

[​IMG]

9. #9 cannabisdayzzzd, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2014
    You did ask the question why are your panties in a wad

10. I don't need a scale, eyeball works fine.

I bought one for dosing out hash/herb in edibles.

11. Bought one before I went to college bc I knew no one at home would short me

12. I am confused by this?

I have two scales, one is just better at small quantities and one better for measuring something like a mason jar + an ounce. I generally can eyeball amounts, but I still like knowing for sure. Especially when people decide it's cool to give you 28 grams of something wet, because it definitely isn't an ounce once dried.

13. I apologize, I read it the wrong way, It happens :p I thought you were being sarcastic saying you eyeball perfectly exact amounts (a lot of people on this site seem to always say how impossible eyeballing is). So as a serious response to your answer, do you usually buy in large quantities? 

14. Ha I was kidding. Scales are a necessity if you don't trust your dealer or if your friends ever want a little. Always get ounces. Get bud dumb cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

I'm sorry, but in what scenario is eyeballing fine...unless you're just growing your own and sharing among friends for no cost?

16. #17 snoopdog6502, Jun 29, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 29, 2014

I grow my own and do not sell it. I grow medicine, I don't even get high.

Even when I was selling many years ago I was buying pounds and kilos not little dime bag shit.

I used a scale like this.

[​IMG]

Even pharmacists measure out their medicine.

18. I already posted I use one for dosages. But I can eyeball an ounce to a pound.

Im not weighing gnats balls.

OK, we get it. You lurk in the Apprentice Tokers section weighing in on people's post about weighing, with your archaic hand tools measuring "kilos" since you pushed weight as a young man, but now you don't get high, you grow medicine and you can eyeball a pound. OK.

:hide: