Do you agree with abortion?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by Incommision, Apr 11, 2014.

1. I highly doubt many people live within the atlantic region of Canada, so I'll let you in on what's happening. In Fredericton, New Brunswick they've made a decisive decision to shut down the only abortion clinic in the Atlantic region, as the government and the clinic have been in an on-going battle for over 20 years with regards to the funding of the clinic and now they've officially decided to close the doors. 

I no longer live in Fredericton and haven't for a few years now, but I have many friends over social media that are voicing their opinions regarding the subject and it has many females upset and mad and I honestly can't blame them. As of right now, the nearest abortion clinic is located in Montreal, Quebec which is a LONG ways away from Fredericton, there are only two hospitals within the province of New Brunswick that apparently offer abortion services and in most cases they only do them in the most serious cases. 

My opinion on this matter is that I don't agree with the closing of the clinic, I believe that a woman has a right to whether she wants to have a child or not, you can argue that it's ''killing an innocent human life'' or you can say logically it's killing an unborn foetus. I may sound like a douchebag when I say that, I have a limited amount of knowledge when it comes to abortions and anything around it but that's what I feel like from just looking at it at a first glance.

I think this would make for a very interesting debate, so I'll ask you whether you think abortion is appropriate.  

2. I don't support abortion, but I support women having the choice and ability to do so.

Abortion is never anything you want to see more of though...

3. I don't, but at the same time I do in a way. In no way do I agree that a babies life should be cut incredibly short ever, but if a girl gets pregnant and can't raise the child so it'd have a terrible life, what's the point of bringing it in the world? I'm very double-sided about this, can never make my mind up.

4. I support choice.

My choice would personally be no, although I don't really get much say.  

5. I don't support men having an opinion on the matter. I'd like to see how the majority of adult female citizens feel about the issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

6. This is going to be a good thread.

7. Oh God, this shouldn't really be in the General section though.

I will avoid this thread at all costs. 

But there should be a third option, as in sometimes. Because I do not agree with all abortions. 

8. I think it's important that before anyone votes they should at least watch this video (I'd recommend you read the book).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zk6gOeggViw

9. I believe in choice.

And see anti-abortion laws as anti freedom laws

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Finmmmn

10. I believe in choice, but I also believe in adoption over abortion.

11. I also believe in choice.

12. It takes two to tango, It really ticks me off how current society diminishes a man's ability to make decisions in his own child's life, now we can't even have a say about abortion?

What the hell happened to equality?

13. I support the right for a women to make the choice for herself. Who am I to tell someone how to live their life? I am nobody. Especially when I don't even have the same reproductive parts as them. Their body, their life, their choice. This is how it should be IMHO.

14. The fact remains that without the male there is no reproduction. I would gladly be a single father if the mother of my child didn't want my baby, but who are you, or anyone for that fact to tell me that I have no say in the matter? Where are my rights?

The mom can face danger when giving birth so I agree that women have the final say.

16. Touche there man. I was mostly thinking the cliche situation of rape, pregnant to young, or father walked out. I honestly was not thinking about a situation where the mother wouldn't want the baby but the father would. That situation becomes a little more complicated. However, dealing with a woman who is being forced to keep a baby in her body when she wants an abortion could be catastrophic as well. Plus women have more of an attachment to the baby because it is in their body. As well as they are more emotional than men. But in the situation you mentioned, your argument is perfectly valid.

Well played.

17. #17 squidrick420, Apr 11, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 11, 2014
    Sorry but I am a guy and I absolutely support womens' rights to have an abortion and it seems that most females who I advocate with appreciate my support. I don't try to take over as some kind of activist leader, but I do ally with women for the rights to control their own bodies.

We are all humans, and when one group of humans is being the right to do with their body as they please then it helps when other groups ally to support the rights of one group. It may not effect me personally, but if effects one of my female friends then you bet your ass I will help their voice be heard in society.

Ohhh... and it takes two to make a baby... the woman isn't the only party involved in the process (I am not talking about rape situations or stuff like that where the guy's input becomes arbitrary).

18. Can face danger is not the same as "giving birth is dangerous", I am not saying that certain pregnancies are not dangerous,
    but this factor is a debatable one amongst the couple who is having the baby.

Example:
    My wife was pregnant a few years ago, due to a complications (Of the human kind) with our previous pregnancy (Miscarriage) her expectancy to survive the pregnancy (Not give birth) was very low. So we had to debate upon whether her life or that of the baby.
    There were long hardy debates on the subject, but I honestly cannot see how two people who care about not only their life, must segregate and only one party makes a decision while the other only gets to live with it.

19. in certain circumstances ie young teen pregnancies, rape, father refuses to have any part (i feel even this one is a little iffy but still reasonable) i would support some one getting an abortion. it shouldn't be a form of contraceptive tho. if your gf gets pregnant and you are able to support that baby even if you don't want to at the time you should grow up and own up. its not meant to be a quick easy fix for your mistakes. im pro choice all the way, just my personal opinion on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum

Your choice is to use a condom or not have sex with a girl who might disagree with your opinion about abortion. 

Once conception happens, you don't get to tell a woman "you need to have a surgical procedure to get the fetus removed" nor do you get to tell her "you have to carry it for 9 months and go through delivering the child because I say so." 

If it were your body, it would be your choice. But it's not, so it isn't.