Do you actually use your ice catcher?

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories Q&A' started by purplemudkip, Oct 29, 2010.

1. I don't know too many people with ice bongs in real life, but I've seen a ton of milk shots on here and youtube. not many of them had ice in their bongs. I, for one, always put ice in my bong. What about you guys?

[​IMG]
    His name is Dexter the Dragon.

2. for the most part i got ice in there.

3. NICE vapor bong dude, I am actually using my vapor bong as I type this, its the best!!!

I pretty much never use ice anymore. Adding too much ice can burn your throat and hurt you, so when I do add ice, its only a little bit.

4. no
    I hardly ever use ice.the shit melts and fucks up my perc water levels.I just put ice in my water and let it get cold then pour ice cold water in bong.:hello:

5. I always put ice in mine. :D

6. Nah. I've always found it kind of "noobish" for lack of a better term. I feel it makes it harsher in a different way and I HATE HATE HATEEEEE when the outside of the tube gets condensation on it. Just a little smoking pet peeve. Even if it was better, I only take like, two or three snaps per "session" so ice would be a waste of time and an annoyance.

7. I completely agree with you. I never use my ice notches.

8. I always use ICE.... I think it helps cool the smoke and vapor and keeps my throat from burning

9. Yup. I use ice every time :smoke:

10. Yeah I havent used the vape with my bong yet but I heard that when vape-bong-ing its best to use hot water (not scalding but hot) cause it somehow makes your lungs expand and you get high as balls instantaneously

11. I feel you, Im accustomed to doing like two bowls per sesh (more if I'm with other people) so the ice is usually worth it but yeah prob won't anymore since I'll be Vaping with it come next week :D

12. I did that when I had a tiny bong with no ice notch, but I heard that it increases drag when you put ice water in the beaker/bottom/whatever. Maybe you should see if you could find like...nonmelting ice cubes. Know what I'm talkin about?

13. When I still had my old piece, Id put ice in it every now and then but when it melts its fucks up the water level so I kinda moves away from it

14. The temperature of the water should have no effect on drag unless it is frozen solid or so hot it shatters the piece.

15. Depends on the kind of sesh I'm having. Usually I don't like putting ice in it cuz I like to actually see the milk. Plus it fucked up the water level on the percs and it's just a bitch when it melts to fast.

16. room temperature water only:)

17. I'm the same way I put ice in load the snapper twice an I'm done so it is pointless.

18. Well thats a rather ignorant way to put it, but yes typically cold constricts and heat expands, ALWAYS, no matter what your talking about.

I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS use hot water in my vapor bong, cold water feels too weird now.

The heat from the water vapor(NOT the herb vapor) opens up your airways, the same as steaming up your bathroom and sitting there when your sick.

19. For people complaining about the ice melting and it fucking up perc levels, you can get mini ice packs in the shape of ice cubes and you just freeze those and put them your bong. Same size as ice, same coldness as ice, doesn't melt and fuck up your water levels. :hello:

20. i use this cylinder filled with glycerin on my pinches instead of ice cubes. i just take it out of the freezer when im hittin my bong and drop in onto my pinches. and when im done i just throw it back in my freezer. and repeat