Do yall like Halo Reach?

Discussion in 'Gamer's Heartbeat' started by iwanttobehigh, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Before you call somebody a dumbass, work on your grammar and spelling..

2. Ya know this is one of the reasons bungie is nt handling the halo franchise anymore. People fell in love with the halo gameplay (I've played halo 1-present) and have resisted changing it beyond graphic updates ever since. The gaming industry may be banked on consistent mainstream franchises but most game designers don't want to do the same thing over and over. Instead of looking at halo reach as a betrayal of the halo formula why not look at it as a creative progression. And if you hate everything but sprint play swat it's fun as hell! :)
    Anyways. I really like the game. And I like most of the changes they've made. I do think reach is a weird place to wrap up the campaign though after halo 3. Couldve given some closure instead of opening a new wound :/

Can't wait to see what bungie's new game is!

3. #23 Jdahms, Oct 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 10, 2010
    Why do you think halo 3 was better? Halo 3 was the dud in the halo series imo. Campaign was weak and online was only *BR BR BR BR dead*.

Earlier in the thread some of you said the hologram was useless. You are underestimating how often people fall for the hologram. It gets me easy kills all the time. send it through a door right before you to make sure you are the first person to get a few shots on an enemy.

@above I think reach, even with AA and weapon bloom, sticks very close to the original combat formula. AA give some more depth to the gameplay and weapon bloom separates the dmr spamming noobs with the guys who can actually aim well. No more Battlerifle owning everything else in the game. It plays a lot more like the original halo than halo 2 and 3 imo. No more stupid dual wielding too.

4. I fucking love trolling people with the hologram even if they kill me they still attack the hologram :laughing:

5. The spawns are fukin horrible.The armour abilities are wack.The Reticule bloom on the guns make them incredibly inconssitent some times 5 shot kills some times 9 lol.Rank doesnt and never will mean anything in halo.And they did bring back alot of halo 2 maps but if youve ever played halo before youll know thats not a bad thing.HALO=FAIL HALO REACH=2010 Fail

6. I haven't really enjoyed a halo game since halo 2. I haven't played reach yet but i'm predicting that i'm not gonna like it very much.

7. you = fail your perception os off and your opinion is whack...

Halo reach aiming and killing is much harder calling sprint and hologram wack? go back to your call of duty

8. My girlfreind bought it and left it in my dorm. I couldnt stop playing I feel its really entertaing but feels a little bit like call of duty

9. n

It is not like call of duty, or i wouldn't play it, SWAT playlist is catered to COD enthusiasts

10. I never got to into the other halo games competively, ive always played the rainbow six series and other similar games. Im enjoying reach. DMR>BR anyday for me.

11. Personally, i don't like any of the halo's that much.
    I did, until cod4 came out.
    In my opinion I just don't think halo takes very much skill.
    Run&gun, assassinate, repeat.
    The halo i liked was the first one though. That story was bosssssssssssss.
    & 4-player on one console was fun.

12. I remember when my buddy got his first XBOX when we were in Junior High, we attempted to play Halo Four-Man games on a 15 inch television.

:laughing:

13. I couldn't disagree with you more. I can't speak for halo reach because I haven't played the multiplayer yet, but Im a 45 on halo 3 and when you get to that level it actually takes strategy and a lot of skill. unlike modern warfare where its just play a lot and you will rank up, prestige, then do it again. When I play halo it feels more like its my teams skill vs the other teams skill. ( i usually play team slayer)

14. well yeah its called team slayer for a reason haha.. if you have 2 guys who absolutely blow (lets say sub 5 kills) good chance you lost that game

15. Reach is amazing in terms of firefight and campaign. Multiplayer does have a few problems

16. I see what you mean, but it still just wasn't very entertaining for me.
    Cause there'd always be those 8 year old kids talking shit and it got annoying as fuck.
    I just like call of duty more, because I played hardcore (no gold atm) and that seemed more realistic to me,
    and there was no map, no hud, etc.
    Realism = Win in my book.

17. LOL. :hello:
    I remember it took my friends and I so long to beat that game just because we kept playing the Silent Cartogropher (sp?) over and over again cause we were doing warthog jumps and that level was just so fun:D

18. I'm not much of a gamer but when I was at home this weekend I got a chance to get down on some reach after we smoked, my friend just got it. I liked it a lot, controls were easy to get down, the graphics were stunning too.

19. Id like to see you run gun assassinate and repeat against the people I play with :laughing: