Do Windows 7 and Windows 8 use different operation systems?

Discussion in 'General' started by Nugagerube, Jan 17, 2014.

1. I know this is probably stupid but do they use the same or different operation systems?

my brother says they do, I dont think they do. idk, any computer guys here?

2. Windows 7 and 8 are operating systems (they don't use operating systems, they are the operating system of the machine they are installed on.) 

Yes, they are different operating systems. 

3. Same operating system (windows)Just different version.Could be wrong thoSent from my Prism using Grasscity Forum mobile app

4. windows is an OS

windows 7 is a different version than windows 8

5. no they are different OS's...

perhaps the term being sought is "KERNEL" which is the core 'brain' of every os. the kernels may start the same but are altered so the os is in fact different in each 'flavor' of the 'root' os created

windows os's started from one kernel (remember DOS, early on windows was just a gui for DOS) and evolved, same with unix, and linux, even bsd...

6. Nope they're different. Windows 8 is built more like a tablet. It sucks, and its hard to navigate.

Windows XP & 7 are the best ever made, behind Ubuntu (Linux).

I wish I was actually able to get XP on a USB

7. I recently came across a cool little program (i refuse to use the word "app" in this context) called Start8 - it adds the start button back etc so that w8 is essentially like 7 again. Pretty good. 

8. I gotta give it a try! Thanks fellow blade! :) :Bongin:

9. You sound like you're either a complete redneck or extremely high right now...