Do We Hijack Our Own Purpose In Life?

Discussion in 'Philosophy' started by Moanin, Sep 6, 2011.

1. What's the point of living if I can't do what I want?
    Every activity has an end, so what's the point of pursuing it?
    If there's no afterlife, why should I care about this one?

I've always felt that questions like this lead to the delusion that human life is inherently meaningless, and I consider it a delusion because even if all those assertions are true you're still concerned with what happens in this life.

Why do you, or, don't you, consider life to be meaningless?

Discuss.

2. We are all here to serve our time as meaningfully as possible. However nowadays, we kind of take things for granted.. we are all more or less, doomed.

3. All we get is this life do with it as you please try not to be a cunt and your reward is a good life well spent

4. The fact is, is that we do exist, and while our functioning brain produces emotions based on our lifestyle, we will continue to react, start a-new, and end everything we know. Thats life.

5. "What's the point of living if I can't do what I want?"

isn't what all people want to be happy? In which case then one need only change what they want so that they can achieve that... Rid oneself of desires that cause pain."Every activity has an end, so what's the point of pursuing it?"

What is an "end"? energy is always conserved, what ends is only the form of a thing, and the idea of "form" is but an abstraction of the human mind. Rathe rthings onley change from one form or state into another, given an infinite amount of time is it not guaranteed that eventually an at least very similar form will reform? (if one shuffles and deals a set of cards an infinite amount of times, at least one of those deals is guaranteed to have all cards ordered exactly...given another infinite amount of time it will happen again, and again, and again) Though i think things are a little different each time i guess...

I once wrote this little..."poem":

End

To what did man first witness to mislead it to End?
    A concept existing though such does not
    Amazing that in stupidity begin the most complex irrationalities
    Beautiful what we make from nothing
    Achieving knowledge not taught by nature
    This is our proof of consciousness,
    Misunderstanding; mistake

As for the last one... I clearly think there is an after life... How can there be an after-moment each second, and always an up and down flow of life, and yet we presume there is not an up after the down we call death.

But then I would finally say if everything is meaningless, then nothing matters:
    If nothing matters then it doesn't matter that nothing matters.